Closed Thread
Page 178 of 333 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 9967
    HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by brake View Post
    Actually man, I had to stop lifting 7 years ago due to injury, started up again January last year and up until August last year I was lifting VERY VERY light weights (getting back into it super super slowly to avoid injury again), that was only 5 or so months ago...

Even to this day, I SLDL between 90 and 100lbs while other guys do 220 right before me in the same rack in a crowded gym, I'm 6" 191lbs (still not big though). Doing Back tonight so I might got for a 105lb....

That said, most of my other lifts are pretty crap too, eg:

bench:

Bottom line is, fuk them, lift what you can lift, who cares what people think? (for all they know you could be rehab from injury)
    Dang, my bad bro. Sorry to hear about your injury.

Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps and will help me not rush through my bench sets (I rush now so I can get them done before anyone walks into the workout room). Hope your recovery stays on track!
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I actually think most of these extremely weak lifts are a bit of a fallacy. Some n00bs on this program go and test their '10 rep max' on their first day at the gym before they've even really practiced the lifts and learned proper form. 65lb bench? Give me a break. Same person can probably curl that weight for 10RM or close to it because they know the movement and it's more instinctive, it's a beginner program but some of you taking it to extremes. In b4 I'm also a weakling - well aware!

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)

DOMS is Killing Me

Had cycle 3 week 4 heavy day on Monday (2 days ago). Been really sore for most of yesterday and this morning. Worried my medium day today is not going to be fun. Haven't felt it so bad in long while not sure why? You guys get DOMS ever, sometimes or occasionally running this program?

Missed some bike commutes cause of weather does cardio help? Maybe this has been helping and I didn't realize.
    LBS - BF Date Comment
    185.2- 23.8% 02/01/2012<started cardio/ate better
    175.4- 19.9% 04/04/2012<added weights 2/w
    168.6- 18.6% 09/04/2012<added extra day. Now 3/w weights
    166.6- 18.5% 10/02/2012<started IF w/Cal deficit and BCAA's+FastedTrain
    165.4- 18.0% 10/09/2012<started All pro - Simple Beginner's
    159.2- 16.4% 11/01/2012<dexa scan at 18.3%
    140.4- 12.9% 02/21/2013
    137.5- 9.9% 03/01/2013 <dexa scan at 6.7%!
    155- 12.0% 07/07/2013<slowbulk/recomp/maint?

matt393 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redcaesar View Post
    Had cycle 3 week 4 heavy day on Monday (2 days ago). Been really sore for most of yesterday and this morning. Worried my medium day today is not going to be fun. Haven't felt it so bad in long while not sure why? You guys get DOMS ever, sometimes or occasionally running this program?

Missed some bike commutes cause of weather does cardio help? Maybe this has been helping and I didn't realize.
    "Sometimes" for me.
    It seems to come and go, more often that not on heavy days though. Most of the time I don't get it anymore.

I finished Cycle 4 test day Monday and have just done 90% day. I woke up this morning sore as hell, but didn't really notice the pain during the workout as I was warmed up.

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Haven't really had DOMS to speak of since first beginning the program.
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

fire34fighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If anybody wants it I made a spreadsheet for an easy cheat sheet as to what you should be on for the week. Numbers are set to round up to the nearest 5 so if that weights too much you might need to take 5 off (especially for curls and such where you don't use as much weight). Once you've gotten through as many cycles are in the excel sheet just plug your new weights into the first page and start over.
    Attached Files

redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50) redcaesar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for input guys.. Workout wasn't bad. Still sore but didn't affect my lifts. Just strange cause it's been so long since I've felt it. Back in the gym I did remember that I did do more extra's than I usually do on Monday so that's probably why. Going to kill week five test day on Monday! Aiming to get lots of rest and eat at maintenance for rest of the week and go back to deficit after test day.

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What are DOMS?

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=HY314;1014363933]Dang, my bad bro. Sorry to hear about your injury.[/img]

All good man dw a bout it. But what you said just further backs up my point. When people are lifting light weights in the gym, no one knows why, it could be injury, rehab etc etc...

Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps and will help me not rush through my bench sets (I rush now so I can get them done before anyone walks into the workout room). Hope your recovery stays on track!
    I know a few people will probably disagree with me in this thread but maybe you shouldn't do this program straight away if you're that concerned about not progressing fast enough? I know when I first started lifting I was able to progress pretty quickly as long as I was eating heaps (bulking). YOu could wait a few months and lift a different program first in the meantime so you can up your lifts when you feel like you can?

Either that or just do what someone else mentioned in this thread, do a cycle and then redo your tests (don't up by 10% just incase you can lift more.)

The good thing about this program is that it forces you to progress, in normal programs its up to you and you can very easily get stuck on a weight for 1 month and not realise.

Originally Posted by HY314 View Post
    What are DOMS?
    Delayed onset muscle sorenes, when your muscles get sore 1 day or even two after a workout.
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

[QUOTE=brake;1014692183]
    Dang, my bad bro. Sorry to hear about your injury.[/img]

All good man dw a bout it. But what you said just further backs up my point. When people are lifting light weights in the gym, no one knows why, it could be injury, rehab etc etc...

I know a few people will probably disagree with me in this thread but maybe you shouldn't do this program straight away if you're that concerned about not progressing fast enough? I know when I first started lifting I was able to progress pretty quickly as long as I was eating heaps (bulking). YOu could wait a few months and lift a different program first in the meantime so you can up your lifts when you feel like you can?

Either that or just do what someone else mentioned in this thread, do a cycle and then redo your tests (don't up by 10% just incase you can lift more.)

The good thing about this program is that it forces you to progress, in normal programs its up to you and you can very easily get stuck on a weight for 1 month and not realise.

Delayed onset muscle sorenes, when your muscles get sore 1 day or even two after a workout.
    Well I figured I would stay on this program for at least one cycle to see what kind of gains I can make in 5 weeks. I'm trying to lose fat and gain strength at the same time so I'm not eating as much as I probably should for a true bulk.

Thanks for the tips though. I've picked up a lot of info over the past few days and am definitely trying to use it all in the best way possible for my body. I'm definitely going to spend these two off days to learn more about form and hopefully that'll help me lift more. I think I've been using my shoulders and arms too much on the bench press. How do you focus on using your chest to move the weight?

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=HY314;1014700473]
    Originally Posted by brake View Post

Well I figured I would stay on this program for at least one cycle to see what kind of gains I can make in 5 weeks. I'm trying to lose fat and gain strength at the same time so I'm not eating as much as I probably should for a true bulk.

Thanks for the tips though. I've picked up a lot of info over the past few days and am definitely trying to use it all in the best way possible for my body. I'm definitely going to spend these two off days to learn more about form and hopefully that'll help me lift more. I think I've been using my shoulders and arms too much on the bench press. How do you focus on using your chest to move the weight?
    One thing that I'm going to try is something I do on my back sometimes, BOR don't hit my lats properly so I'll do another lat exercise behand and it seems to activate the lats more when i move onto BOR. So I'm going to try to do some pec dec/cable flyes before I do bench and see how that goes.

Other than that, visualise pushing the bar up with your chest and tense your chest throughout the movement, or at least at the top of the movement (flex your chest), try to be aware of your chest during the lift.

Also make sure your hands aren't too narrow on the bar (close together), try elbow joint at around 90 degrees and see how that goes, just make sure you drop the weight significantly to test as it might be harder on your joints.

have a read through these:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...-pressing.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...-the-pecs.html
    Last edited by brake; 01-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sindibee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm going to try this after my last carb cycle next week. Looks great!

op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am a 5' 8" 134lbs male.

Squat: 110lb
    Bench: 65lb
    BOR : 65lb
    OHP: 55lb
    SLDL: 110lb
    Curls: 35lb

weights include bar's weight.

I am trying to follow this routine but kinda can't, first I did 4x10 for all exercises the last 3 times I went to gym and I will do it exactly as it says next time as it says i need to do it 2x10 for OHP SLDL Curls Calf Raises, I know that experts had put this exercise but I can't feel like it is heavy I can do like 5 times a week or something with full weights, I went to gym and stopped after a month every time, it is like this is the 7th time or something (no results .. stop .. start again .. no results .. stop) , I want to do it this time.

I followed BB steps when I signed up and it said that if I want to be like Fitness Model I need to Lose 1.6 kg of body fat and add 19.9 kg Of Lean Body Mass , and If I followed very aggressive routine I will do it at Jan 28, 2015 (2 years)
    as "Lose 1 kg of Body Fat = 4.7 days - Add 1 kg of Lean Body Mass = 36.7 days"

1. I really want to do it in a year .. Can I? I will do whatever it takes to do it. I am really into it this time.

2. My middle back hurts me today after I did Squat and when I try to bench I feel like my back is not supported well and it hurts, but everyone use it and it is okay !! .. also when I do OHP every time my middle back hurts, btw I am setting on a something and my back supported with this seat while I am doing it not standing and the bar is without any weights on it!

3. Does whey protein and those supplements helps or just the same if I eat well with this routine ? .. I want to get some to speed up gaining weight..etc

You may ask why I need it so fast .. Next year I will join the army and I really want to join the special forces and they need in my country guys with good and muscular bodies (silly but this what they do). It's my life dream and my only chance, I can't do it later.

It is okay if this impossible to achieve in a year, just tell me .. thanks.
    Last edited by op456; 01-23-2013 at 09:33 PM.

IvyKun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yo are doing it wrong. Read again the FAQ please and follow the routine as it is. (second post of this thread, I can't post links)
    If you can't feel it's heavy calculate again your 10rm. Don't worry about medium and light days because probably are going to feel light in your first cycle, but that wont happen in the 3rd cycle and after.

1. No, you can't add 20kg of lean body mas in 1 year. 10kg it's possible with a good routine (here you are) and a good diet.
    2. Could be just doms. Be sure your form is correct while you bench and ohp and see what happend in a couple of weeks.
    3. Protein is the same in a protein shake than in the food you eat. Be sure you calculate your calories and macros of your diet (read the sticky on the nutrition forum). If with your diet you can't reach your protein needs then you can add supplements to help. There is no speed up man.

About what you said... It is impossible if you want to add 20kg in just one year, but you can add a good 10kg or more (depends on how you train, eat, rest, genetic etc etc). And 10kg of lean body mass it is a BIG difference.

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    C1 W1 D2 in the bag..... everything feels about right weight-wise (although I guess I'll find that out as the reps start increasing ^.^)

But I'm in a bit of a dilemma over the SLDL - it doesn't feel massively stressful on the old hammies (I'm super flexible due to years of MA and wonder if this may be a factor) but I think if I increase the weight at this stage I will over-stress my lower back. I think I'll run the weight I'm on for a cycle and then recalc my 10RM for this lift. That should allow stabilisers in the lower back to catch up safely in time for C2? Anyone else with flexible hamstrings negotiated anything similar after their first cycle?

Have fun lifting!

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    got my home equipment this week & today I worked out my starting weights: bench press 5Kg, squat 20Kg, Bent-Over Rows 10Kg, Overhead Barbell Presses 2.5Kg, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 10Kg, Barbell Curls 5Kg, Calf Raises body weight. extra 10Kg for all exercises of the bar itself...

I have to say, as a first time weight lifter in general, after months of readings & videos tutorials, still I feel like I'm doing some of the exercises wrong! I'm talking mainly on squats, Bent-Over Rows, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts! Rest of them I'm managing OK & will correct my technique during first week or two, but the 3 exercises i mentioned just seems too complicated!
    will start on Monday, until then I think I will practice a bit only with the bar, or even something lighter like a broom so I won't over do it...

on the side note, this entire Idea got me overlook my diet completely, which now stand on 2800 calories of mostly healthy food (just a bit of fries). so if i keep this up, hopefully i Won't look like I'm sick anymore from being so skinny!

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 666pluto View Post
    got my home equipment this week & today I worked out my starting weights: bench press 5Kg, squat 20Kg, Bent-Over Rows 10Kg, Overhead Barbell Presses 2.5Kg, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 10Kg, Barbell Curls 5Kg, Calf Raises body weight. extra 10Kg for all exercises of the bar itself...

I have to say, as a first time weight lifter in general, after months of readings & videos tutorials, still I feel like I'm doing some of the exercises wrong! I'm talking mainly on squats, Bent-Over Rows, Stiff-Legged Deadlifts! Rest of them I'm managing OK & will correct my technique during first week or two, but the 3 exercises i mentioned just seems too complicated!
    will start on Monday, until then I think I will practice a bit only with the bar, or even something lighter like a broom so I won't over do it...

on the side note, this entire Idea got me overlook my diet completely, which now stand on 2800 calories of mostly healthy food (just a bit of fries). so if i keep this up, hopefully i Won't look like I'm sick anymore from being so skinny!
    Get rid of your misconceptions

Hey Jimmer are you going low on these? I find I have to stand on one of those platforms so that I can get nice and low with out weights touching the floor. Depends on how big the plates are you putting...

Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post
    C1 W1 D2 in the bag..... everything feels about right weight-wise (although I guess I'll find that out as the reps start increasing ^.^)

But I'm in a bit of a dilemma over the SLDL - it doesn't feel massively stressful on the old hammies (I'm super flexible due to years of MA and wonder if this may be a factor) but I think if I increase the weight at this stage I will over-stress my lower back. I think I'll run the weight I'm on for a cycle and then recalc my 10RM for this lift. That should allow stabilisers in the lower back to catch up safely in time for C2? Anyone else with flexible hamstrings negotiated anything similar after their first cycle?

Have fun lifting!

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    After lifting for about a year on rubbish routines (made up ones), I started this routine this week after a week or so of reading.

Weights

Squats - 200lbs
    Bench - 132lbs
    Bent over rows - 132lbs
    OHP - 66lbs
    SLDLs - 143lbs
    Upright rows - 66lbs
    Calf raises - 165lbs

I really like this routine, very simple. I honestly think the only real exercise that I will truly miss are conventional deadlifts. These are by far my favourite exercise but we will see how it all goes. Really looking forward to having something to stick too. Just Thoth I'd chime in because hopefully ill post regular here!

kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm having a big problem with my squats that i felt last Friday and it is that when I squat down I feel it entirely in both my upper thighs toward the crotch area. Is this because my from is bad or my stance is too wide?

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kylenedic View Post
    I'm having a big problem with my squats that i felt last Friday and it is that when I squat down I feel it entirely in both my upper thighs toward the crotch area. Is this because my from is bad or my stance is too wide?
    What is the actual problem? Pain? Soreness? Just a feeling of being tight?

[QUOTE=brake;1014725043]

One thing that I'm going to try is something I do on my back sometimes, BOR don't hit my lats properly so I'll do another lat exercise behand and it seems to activate the lats more when i move onto BOR. So I'm going to try to do some pec dec/cable flyes before I do bench and see how that goes.

Other than that, visualise pushing the bar up with your chest and tense your chest throughout the movement, or at least at the top of the movement (flex your chest), try to be aware of your chest during the lift.

Also make sure your hands aren't too narrow on the bar (close together), try elbow joint at around 0 degrees and see how that goes, just make sure you drop the weight significantly to test as it might be harder on your joints.

have a read through these:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...-pressing.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/tra...-the-pecs.html
    Thanks again man. I'm definitely going to use keep those articles in mind tomorrow when I start C1W2.

Originally Posted by Jimmer74 View Post

Have fun lifting!
    I'm having a similar problem with SLDL. I feel nothing in my hamstrings and everything in my lower back. I've had lower back flexibility issues in the past, so maybe that's what's doing it? I can't bend to 90degrees (like the guy does in the bb form video) without feeling like I'm going to injure myself.

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Jimmer are you going low on these? I find I have to stand on one of those platforms so that I can get nice and low with out weights touching the floor. Depends on how big the plates are you putting...
    Could be I need to go lower...... or that my hammies are the strongest part of the posterior chain (i.e. stronger currently than my lower back)? I'll grab a block from somewhere and test it out! Thanks

If I don't have to move my head out of the way when doing OHP, is there something wrong with my form?

kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kylenedic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
    What is the actual problem? Pain? Soreness? Just a feeling of being tight?
    I would describe it as painful when im doing the squats and it is very distracting even tho i am still able to complete my sets.

666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10) 666pluto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    back to Calf Raises, are seated Calf Raises OK? I can't post links yet, so will try to describe the one I'm referring to:
    sitting on a bench, doing one leg at a time, placing the foot on 2 books or something similar for height, while placing plates a bit above the knee. then normally just bend the foot up & down.
    sounds ok? I don't want to do standing version...

if i didn't describe it right, you can search in youtube "youtube Evilcyber Seated Calf Raise"

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I don't have to move my head out of the way when doing OHP, is there something wrong with my form?
    You should be bringing the bar up as close to your nose as you possibly can without hitting it. Once it's past your head, your head should sort of push through the window made by your arms as you lock out. Your head should return to the natural position once the bar begins coming down again. This is the most efficient way to press.

Look for Rippetoe's press video on YouTube.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your problem is hip flexor inflexibility. This is a common problem for people squatting, and can result in pulling the hip flexor muscles or causing you to round your back at the bottom of your squat.

http://taylorednutrition.tripod.com/...ipflexors.html

This site has some pretty good tests you can do to see how your strength and flexibility are, as well as stretches and exercises you can do.

Edit: didn't read the part about being near crotch. Probably adductor issue like hymenator said.
    Last edited by Stev05; 01-24-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would describe it as painful when im doing the squats and it is very distracting even tho i am still able to complete my sets.
    Adductor muscle weakness.

op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) op456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IvyKun View Post
    Yo are doing it wrong. Read again the FAQ please and follow the routine as it is. (second post of this thread, I can't post links)
    If you can't feel it's heavy calculate again your 10rm. Don't worry about medium and light days because probably are going to feel light in your first cycle, but that wont happen in the 3rd cycle and after.

1. No, you can't add 20kg of lean body mas in 1 year. 10kg it's possible with a good routine (here you are) and a good diet.
    2. Could be just doms. Be sure your form is correct while you bench and ohp and see what happend in a couple of weeks.
    3. Protein is the same in a protein shake than in the food you eat. Be sure you calculate your calories and macros of your diet (read the sticky on the nutrition forum). If with your diet you can't reach your protein needs then you can add supplements to help. There is no speed up man.

About what you said... It is impossible if you want to add 20kg in just one year, but you can add a good 10kg or more (depends on how you train, eat, rest, genetic etc etc). And 10kg of lean body mass it is a BIG difference.
    doms? what does it means? .. Ok I will try .. but what about OHP ? should I do it while I am setting or standing?

Closed Thread
Page 178 of 333 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 278 ... LastLast