Closed Thread
Page 82 of 333 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 9967
    ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DeltaCharlie75 View Post
    How man cycles did you complete before you realised you had to change the program to make it work?
    I didn't feel I had to change it to make it work. There are many here who's own progress demonstrates that it does not need to be changed at all to make it work, and give good reason to think that sticking to it is likely the superior method. I would not say I changed it at all, I never adequately began the program. I felt the introduction to the program was painfully slow and I am not disciplined enough at this time to be so patient and methodical. I want higher intensity and more movements, lots of sweat and a good workout high. The seven core exercises here with the weight and rep ranges did not give me this in the beginning. I know everyone says it will ramp up...see my statement about a lack of discipline and patience.

Realize that I am at the lowest level of strength training. Simply stabilizing myself against a light breeze is likely to produce gains in strength and muscle mass. I am confident that I will eventually feel the need for a programmed approach. I may already be approaching that point. Even after a rather dramatic increase in weights used in my workout, I feel the recovery happening much quicker. I feel I am adapting quickly to the loads and motions I am using.

That being said I do not like this "off day" even when I feel that I have energy to do something. Why should I not do bodywieght or yoga or run or something on the off day? I read conflicting ideas...that our bodies are not evolved for scheduled breaks. Naturally we would have to exert energy nearly every day to survive. I understand the need for rest, but I feel that need typically on the fourth day after three days of intense activity. On day five I am ready to go again...and this is just by listening to my body.

So to make a long story short, I am experimenting, and this is self discovery.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PGRAYMAN View Post
    It has begun...I just finished C1D1, and I don't know about the other noobs who started with this program, but today kicked my butt. I was successful on all lifts, but feel noxious...

Squat: 180
    BP: 145
    BOR: 115
    OHP: 80
    SLDL: 150
    BB Curl: 60
    CR: 210

Hopefully I won't be this weak for too long.

Good day all!
    Congrats man. Just be careful you have not started too heavy. On cycle 1 week 1 and 2 the weight should feel relatively comfortable. On weeks 3-5 the difficulty starts to ramp up and if your lifting to heavy at the start you will really struggle in these weeks.

You know your body best, if you feel after your light day that it was hard work, might be an idea to drop a couple of pounds for week two. If you feel good then crack on with your current weight. Good luck

Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50) Morti will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Morti View Post
    So do you do ab work after your workout or on the off days? What are some good exercises, and reps?
    pls respond

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    I didn't feel I had to change it to make it work. There are many here who's own progress demonstrates that it does not need to be changed at all to make it work, and give good reason to think that sticking to it is likely the superior method. I would not say I changed it at all, I never adequately began the program. I felt the introduction to the program was painfully slow and I am not disciplined enough at this time to be so patient and methodical. I want higher intensity and more movements, lots of sweat and a good workout high. The seven core exercises here with the weight and rep ranges did not give me this in the beginning. I know everyone says it will ramp up...see my statement about a lack of discipline and patience.

Realize that I am at the lowest level of strength training. Simply stabilizing myself against a light breeze is likely to produce gains in strength and muscle mass. I am confident that I will eventually feel the need for a programmed approach. I may already be approaching that point. Even after a rather dramatic increase in weights used in my workout, I feel the recovery happening much quicker. I feel I am adapting quickly to the loads and motions I am using.

That being said I do not like this "off day" even when I feel that I have energy to do something. Why should I not do bodywieght or yoga or run or something on the off day? I read conflicting ideas...that our bodies are not evolved for scheduled breaks. Naturally we would have to exert energy nearly every day to survive. I understand the need for rest, but I feel that need typically on the fourth day after three days of intense activity. On day five I am ready to go again...and this is just by listening to my body.

So to make a long story short, I am experimenting, and this is self discovery.
    No offence intended but you are posting in a specific program for beginners but you are not doing the program. A lot of people get directed to this program as it is sold to them as one of the best for new folk to start their training. It doesn't help them decide if the program is actually any good or even what the program is when there are anumber of posts saying " yes great program, but I'm doing xyz and dropping abc, and I'm not bothering with following the program because I can do it this way".

You can do what ever variation you want but this post is for discussing the All pro program as it is designed and helping new folk get started.

As you feel it's time for a change, try the program as written. You do it correctly for a full cycle and you will understand why it's one of the best. Good luck in your lifting.

jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PGRAYMAN View Post
    It has begun...I just finished C1D1, and I don't know about the other noobs who started with this program, but today kicked my butt. I was successful on all lifts, but feel noxious...

Squat: 180
    BP: 145
    BOR: 115
    OHP: 80
    SLDL: 150
    BB Curl: 60
    CR: 210

Hopefully I won't be this weak for too long.

Good day all!
    Looks pretty good man, I just finished my C1D1 today, here are what my numbers look like:
    Legpress:150
    BP: 115
    BOR: 135
    OHP: 65
    SLDL:135
    Curl: 60
    Calf rise: 225 (did on smith rack)

Also successful on all lifts, definitely need to work on my chest some more!! Hopefully I wont be weak too much longer either!
    Congrats!

AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnverG is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let your knee heal before you even think about putting work on it.
    Did you ever have your form checked for squats and were you happy you were doing them 100% correct before you injured your knee?
    I hurt em because of bad form, which was stupid. It can handle other exercises execpt squats for now. Which exercise should i replace it with?

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AnverG View Post
    I hurt em because of bad form, which was stupid. It can handle other exercises execpt squats for now. Which exercise should i replace it with?
    I would not replace it with anything until you are healed, why not just continue the program leaving out squats for one cycle while you heal up? No use pushing it doing a similar exercise, you would not want to risk re-injuring yourself.

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offence intended but you are posting in a specific program for beginners but you are not doing the program. A lot of people get directed to this program as it is sold to them as one of the best for new folk to start their training. It doesn't help them decide if the program is actually any good or even what the program is when there are anumber of posts saying " yes great program, but I'm doing xyz and dropping abc, and I'm not bothering with following the program because I can do it this way".

You can do what ever variation you want but this post is for discussing the All pro program as it is designed and helping new folk get started.

As you feel it's time for a change, try the program as written. You do it correctly for a full cycle and you will understand why it's one of the best. Good luck in your lifting.
    Yes, and part of my being here is to develop a mindset of doing just that. I am not the first to mention not following the routine exactly. And in fact i made that response to someone else making mention of it. One of the first responses in Part I of this thread was "what a horrible sounding routine". I want to know why that guy thinks so, why some feel it is lacking, and why some feel the need to change it, just as much as I want to hear about others successes with the program. There is obviously not one and only one way to approach lifting and fitness. That said, I do recognize the programs efficacy, and I am here to have questions answered and sort out my mental resistances to playing along.

Originally Posted by jjv101 View Post
    Looks pretty good man, I just finished my C1D1 today, here are what my numbers look like:
    Legpress:150
    BP: 115
    BOR: 135
    OHP: 65
    SLDL:135
    Curl: 60
    Calf rise: 225 (did on smith rack)

Also successful on all lifts, definitely need to work on my chest some more!! Hopefully I wont be weak too much longer either!
    Congrats!
    Congrats man.

adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Got 2 questions again.

1. what kind of squats do we do for this program? can box squats cut it?
    2. what is a starting weight i can try so i don't injure myself doing too much? (a starting point for most beginners)

Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Menschie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by adamaby View Post
    Got 2 questions again.

1. what kind of squats do we do for this program? can box squats cut it?
    2. what is a starting weight i can try so i don't injure myself doing too much? (a starting point for most beginners)
    1. Back squat
    2. No one can help you with that. Read this... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post928710923 -- my advice is to make sure to be under 15 reps before fail or you won't find a 10 rep max calculator that's accurate enough.

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Getting ready to start C1W4. W3 was a pretty good workout, looking forward to hitting it hard today. When I got home from work, there was a four pound tub of the new CL protein, Pronom23 on my doorstep. I have told myself that I can't try it today if I don't get my reps. Little extra incentive.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by frenchy72 View Post
    I've been doing it wrong too. Maybe it wasn't just the tennis.

youtube.com/watch?v=SAXPJ3PfdyY
    Holy ****. I just tried using that form. First time I ever failed on any set. Rippetoe is a ****ing genius.

Yes, and part of my being here is to develop a mindset of doing just that. I am not the first to mention not following the routine exactly. And in fact i made that response to someone else making mention of it. One of the first responses in Part I of this thread was "what a horrible sounding routine". I want to know why that guy thinks so, why some feel it is lacking, and why some feel the need to change it, just as much as I want to hear about others successes with the program. There is obviously not one and only one way to approach lifting and fitness. That said, I do recognize the programs efficacy, and I am here to have questions answered and sort out my mental resistances to playing along.
    Nothing wrong with being objective. Just dont miss the train because of it. The reason that there is only about four beginners program's that keep getting highlighted to new people is that they work and have been proven to work time and time again. Set your long term goals and find a program that will start you on the road. Good luck

samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samohorvat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When you are doing squats, are you going bellow the parallel or just to the parallel?

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by samohorvat View Post
    When you are doing squats, are you going bellow the parallel or just to the parallel?
    I go just below parallel, however depends on how flexible and balanced you are off the start as well. Some people suggest getting a box and putting it behind you to help train yourself to go low enough. Once you have done it correctly for a few work outs it becomes second nature. Check out that video that was posted shows some good angles and tips overall.

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are people on this board who think SS and stronglifts suck. They dont if you know what your goals are and how each program will get where you want

Allpro has been lifting and teaching for 30 years. Trust his experience. The only way to truly know is try each program and see what works for YOU. This program works for me and has for the last 6 months. I am up to 210 squats at BW of 185. In another 4 cycles I am aiming for 300lb squats for reps and 225 bench for reps with 300 lb SLDL for reps. It works but it has its own pace which bothers newbies cause all they hear everywhere is 3 months to get ripped more like 3 years and a very solid diet.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50) krysix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with people that says this routine has a slow progression, but only if you start it with 0 strength. I think that absolute begginers should start with starting strength or something like that and when they have a decent strength base they can start this one. Actually thats what I'm doing. Of course thats just my opinion based in all the begginers post I've read here.

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was one who was a little disappointed the first week or two. Felt really easy and I began to doubt my decision to start this though I tried really hard to believe in it. I hit week three and it was a pretty decent workout. And I began to see the difficulty that was in store. I just finished Week 4 heavy day and it was a great workout!!! Kicked my butt!!!! I was able to complete all my lifts but I can see that test day next week will be a challenge. The squats today we tough and the OHP was pretty tough. I am still working on form for OHP. May have gone a little light on BP but I'm ok with that.

Trust the program, it will get difficult and you will get a good workout. Looking forward to a medium day after today's workout. Also, I enjoyed my PROnom23 shake afterwards. Very tasty!!!

jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjv101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats man.
    Thank you sir, today was pretty easy. Looking forward to week 3-5 already where its a little more challenging!

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm officially switching to low bar position for my squats, it took me a few attempts but now I feel comfortable with the setup and grip.

Took my first PWO before c2w5medium day today, felt great man.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AnverG View Post
    I don't get you at all. How many times do you have to hear to HEAL THE INJURY before you resume! NOBODY here knows how severely you hurt your knee! Looking for answers as to what to replace squats with because you have an injured knee is ASSININE! For the last time... ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just finished C2W3 heavy day. Got all lifts up and feel like I should get all W4 heavy day lifts up. But I see W5 test day looming and see four very possible failures. I think OHPs and curls are a given at this point. Bench and squats are possible. Not close to failure on SLDLs or calf raises yet. Feel like I'll pass BORs but C3 will be tough.

Trying to stay positive though. If I pass all or all but one, that would be huge.

Does anyone else clean the bar off the floor after your done with SLDLs to get it on the squat rack for calf raises? Maybe I shouldn't, but prefer trying that rather than unloading and reloading the bar (I work out at home and my SLDL weight and CR weight are the same).

Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Desparado View Post
    I don't get you at all. How many times do you have to hear to HEAL THE INJURY before you resume! NOBODY here knows how severely you hurt your knee! Looking for answers as to what to replace squats with because you have an injured knee is ASSININE! For the last time... ASK YOUR DOCTOR!!!
    Agree completely. Quit asking here and go ask your doctor. It isn't smart to ask here, especially in a forum full of beginners.

PGRAYMAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats man. Just be careful you have not started too heavy. On cycle 1 week 1 and 2 the weight should feel relatively comfortable. On weeks 3-5 the difficulty starts to ramp up and if your lifting to heavy at the start you will really struggle in these weeks.

You know your body best, if you feel after your light day that it was hard work, might be an idea to drop a couple of pounds for week two. If you feel good then crack on with your current weight. Good luck
    I am fairly certain I did the 10 rep max properly for each exercise. I picked a weight I thought I could do for around 10 reps, took the actual number of reps and put it in the calculator, and used the 10 rep max result as my starting weights. I will see how it goes the next couple of weeks, and if I need to drop weight a little, then I will. I think the weight is ok though, and it may have just been a rough morning.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll let you know how it goes over the next couple weeks.

PR

Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    Holy ****. I just tried using that form. First time I ever failed on any set. Rippetoe is a ****ing genius.
    I've switched to that form. Makes that lift easier for me. I'm glad I watched it.

Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    Getting ready to start C1W4. W3 was a pretty good workout, looking forward to hitting it hard today. When I got home from work, there was a four pound tub of the new CL protein, Pronom23 on my doorstep. I have told myself that I can't try it today if I don't get my reps. Little extra incentive.
    I would use something else as motivation, lol. The protein powders are good for recovery. I don't view it as a treat but a necessity. Jmho.

Originally Posted by Flyman75 View Post
    I would use something else as motivation, lol. The protein powders are good for recovery. I don't view it as a treat but a necessity. Jmho.
    Yeah, that was kind of a joke. My motivation is my extra weight and my desire to be healthy for my kids.

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    My 90% days always feel so... light. So today, did Ab Ripper X after doing my 90%, and some dips and pullups for kicks.

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    Yeah, that was kind of a joke.
    I know it was said as a joke, but i know how you feel. I look forward to my protein shake after a workout too, delicious banana flavored goodness

I havent checked in for a while, i completed cycle 3, week 3 heavy day yesterday. Passed everything but im feeling a bit sore today!!

I have really started to notice a difference in the mirror as well, which is great motivation to keep going

Closed Thread
Page 82 of 333 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast