Closed Thread
Page 279 of 333 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,370 of 9967
    iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone... a couple of questions:

If I'll be in a fat loss diet for a gooood while, is this program still good for me?

Since I'm cutting, will I be stuck in the same weight for many cycles?

aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is there a way to calculate my 10RM max, or do I just have to go to the gym and test it?

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iam8bit View Post

If I'll be in a fat loss diet for a gooood while, is this program still good for me?

Ive been cutting on 1k deficit and just passed everything on myc ycle 2 test day. Strength increasing, pounds decreasing, feelsgoodman
    x

AustynS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AustynS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aceedkins View Post
    Is there a way to calculate my 10RM max, or do I just have to go to the gym and test it?
    I'm still a newb but I'm pretty sure it is best to test it. If you have lifted before and have a general idea of what you can do for each exercise then try to use a weight you can do more than 5 times and try less than 12 times. Then plug results into a rep calculator (google search ten rep max calculator and choose first link). Anyone that's has more experiences please chime in if needed.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wasn't aware there was any other way!

harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cycle 4 test day finally complete. Been on this cycle for a while as I had to take a break here and there, but finally got in 5 consecutive weeks.

Squat: 180 -> 195
    Bench: 145 -> 145
    BOR: 115 -> 125
    OHP: 75 -> 80
    SLDL: 125 -> 135
    Curl: 55 -> 55
    Calf raises: 175 -> 190

A little disappointed that I'll be repeating the same bench weight for the 3rd straight cycle, but I'm happy with my progress on my other lifts. Can't wait to hit 2 plates on my squat, even though it's a modest accomplishment.

Also, I'm gonna start at least 1 more cycle for sure, but I'm really thinking of switching to another program soon, hopefully a 3 day back/bi, chest/tri, legs/shoulders type of split. This program has been great, and I've personally enjoyed it more than Starting Strength (tried that a couple years ago), but frankly, doing the same exact workout 3 days a week for 6 months is starting to get somewhat repetitive and boring. Looking to switch things up a little bit, and hopefully get some extra motivation. Also, as my lifts are getting heavier (and I'm fully aware this is no where near considered "heavy"), and I'm certainly not bulking, I'm starting to feel as though doing the same lifts 3 times a week is getting fatiguing and I could benefit from some extra rest time, and lift near my max every workout. Lastly, I'd like to incorporate some dumbbell exercises into my routine, as I think I'm slightly imbalanced strength-wise (from side to side), and I think working each side individually could help balance things out.

Anyway, just gotta keep on keepin on.

swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

My progress

Around 7 months on all pro's, what do you guys think? BF%?
    Attached Images

aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aceedkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AustynS View Post
    I'm still a newb but I'm pretty sure it is best to test it. If you have lifted before and have a general idea of what you can do for each exercise then try to use a weight you can do more than 5 times and try less than 12 times. Then plug results into a rep calculator (google search ten rep max calculator and choose first link). Anyone that's has more experiences please chime in if needed.
    I've been on Strong Lifts for over 3 months, so I was hoping there was somehow to ballpark what my lifts will be. I guess I'll just wing it tonight when I start Allpros.

HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000) HY314 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by swoozy117 View Post
    Looks kind of similar except for bigger arms.

I've been on Strong Lifts for over 3 months, so I was hoping there was somehow to ballpark what my lifts will be. I guess I'll just wing it tonight when I start Allpros.
    One day spent calculating 10rm is a pretty small sacrifice.
    My Reviews and Logs: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152226283

lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lui8906 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Embedded for you brah.

Brahs I have a couple questions.

Firstly, yesterday I had my first heavy session on third cycle. When I was doing the SLDL the bar was like rolling my lifting calluses is the best way I can describe it. Kind of hurt and was def uncomfortable. What do?

Secondly, I play hour long mixes on my phone while working out. For some reason when I bench and do curls the kunted android music play restarts the mix. I'm not sure how it is doing this. At first I thought the screen was turning on and my leg was brushing the back button but it has happened so many times now I can't believe that would be happening again and again. Is there an option in Android to lock the phone and stop it changing the song?

thanks brahs. also made all my lifts last night and seem to be comfortably 75 kg + now (started at 72 kg. That's over 10 weeks.

iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10) iam8bit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    Ive been cutting on 1k deficit and just passed everything on myc ycle 2 test day. Strength increasing, pounds decreasing, feelsgoodman
    Awesome, thanks! I'll have to start this program next week.

One last question about All Pros: are the barbell curls with a standard barbell or an EZ curl bar?

shortside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it okay if I star too light? On my c1w1 first day didn't feel much resistence at all expect only doing bench press

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shortside View Post
    Is it okay if I star too light? On my c1w1 first day didn't feel much resistence at all expect only doing bench press
    The first two cycles are supposed to be easy.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by iam8bit View Post

Yes this is an excellent program for cutting and no you won't be stuck on the same weight.

FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000) FitnessFan76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    The first two cycles are supposed to be easy.
    Almost. I'm approaching the end of the second cycle (first one with proper weights though) and next week's test day is going to be challenging to say the least!

Secondly, I play hour long mixes on my phone while working out. For some reason when I bench and do curls the kunted android music play restarts the mix. I'm not sure how it is doing this. At first I thought the screen was turning on and my leg was brushing the back button but it has happened so many times now I can't believe that would be happening again and again. Is there an option in Android to lock the phone and stop it changing the song?
    I had that problem with my MP3 player. Either the damn wire would wind itself around a barbell or get hooked on the bench (dangerous for me, and definitely for the headphones as they get a good yank) or something would touch a button on the front, usually skipping back to the same song. So I bought myself one of these from Amazon:

and that takes care of the problem. Annoyingly though, while digging that image up I think I found something that looks almost identical, only it has a clear window on the front, which I would've preferred. Still, doesn't really matter - generally once I'm in there I'm happy to listen to whatever the player throws out - I'm there to train not listen to music after all.
    Last edited by FitnessFan76; 04-23-2013 at 03:28 AM.
    Cut done with - basically unsuccessful first bulk as I did put on a lot of fat to go with the little muscle I added. I know what I did wrong first time round and won't be repeating it. Looking forwards to being able to eat a few hundred more calories!! At least I know I can cut fat efficiently: went from 143lbs to 120lbs and from 35in to 29in waist.

Did my first All Pros workout, it sure felt good to be lifting after a 10 day hiatus! I struggled to get my 8 reps with zero weight on the barbell for curls... Ah well, I have to start somewhere I guess. Quick question: my gym doesn't really have a good place to do barbell calf raises. Can I do raises on a machine or substitute it for a different calf exercise?

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did my first All Pros workout, it sure felt good to be lifting after a 10 day hiatus! I struggled to get my 8 reps with zero weight on the barbell for curls... Ah well, I have to start somewhere I guess. Quick question: my gym doesn't really have a good place to do barbell calf raises. Can I do raises on a machine or substitute it for a different calf exercise?
    I do calf raises on a standing calf raise machine. That said, I wish I had started out with the barbell instead. You'll be able to lift more on the machine, but after a few cycles it gets tough to progress further since most machines I've seen only go in 10 lb increments. If you can, just take a barbell and 45 lb plate to the power rack and do them against that with the plate under your feet.
    Last edited by makeitright; 04-23-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Spelling

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wut, that's awesome gains brah!

Have you been doing any other extra workouts ontop of allpro's? U bulking? Have u added any tricep workouts into the routine, cos your triceps are massive!

I've been on it for 4 Cycles now, and everytime I look in the mirror i'm not happy with my progress even though I seem to be doing everything right

harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) harharhar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Arms looking juicy. Hard to tell from that angle... maybe 14-15%.

One last question about All Pros: are the barbell curls with a standard barbell or an EZ curl bar?
    Whatever is more comfortable for you.

bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) bongfong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice work. I'm going to guess a little higher. ~16-18%.
    March '12 - June '12 Cut
    Total loss: 24.6 lbs

June '12 - Dec '12 Bulk
    Total gain: 15 lbs

Dec '12 - Feb '13 Cut
    Total loss: 17 lbs

Feb '13 - ? Bulk

myfitnesspal: ssfong

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good stuff. Can defo see a difference in the arms, traps and chest.

Did you bulk for all 7 cycles, or was there some cutting involved?

swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) swoozy117 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    Wut, that's awesome gains brah!

Have you been doing any other extra workouts ontop of allpro's? U bulking? Have u added any tricep workouts into the routine, cos your triceps are massive!

I've been on it for 4 Cycles now, and everytime I look in the mirror i'm not happy with my progress even though I seem to be doing everything right
    Thanks everyone, the only thing i have added are shrugs and some leg raises. I was dirty bulking for like 5-6 months but now cutting. I also felt like i was making no progress lol.

daganthebuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daganthebuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daganthebuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daganthebuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daganthebuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey fellas. I'm about to finish C1, but I'm realizing that I'm not lifting enough weight to be able to increase it by 10% for C2. As an example, I'm doing 35 pounds on the bench press, which would mean I need 38.5 pounds for C2, but that's not possible with the discs the gym has available. Should I stay on 35 pounds for C2 and then go all the way to 40 on C3?

Thanks for the help!

Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks everyone, the only thing i have added are shrugs and some leg raises. I was dirty bulking for like 5-6 months but now cutting. I also felt like i was making no progress lol.
    Dude, post up your stats; what you started off lifting and how much ur lifting now

AustynS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AustynS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm on C1W2 and I only use the bar also on heavy day so don't feel bad.

banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) banjoman23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looking good. 17-19%. You'll look awesome if you cut that down a bit.

chris6575 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by makeitright View Post
    I think he's talking about replacing medium day squats with regular deadlifts as Jimmer had talked about on the last page. That's my best guess.
    no what it was, i forgot who posted it earlier in this thread, i know it wasn't jimmer. But when i was talking about deadlifts as an exercise, another user said how many people only do them once a week maybe twice max.

I even read in various articles not to do deadlifts one day then the next squats because of the strain that can do to your system. My whole point was i do like compound exercises and in many ways i prefer deadlifts to squats. Both are considered to be the best back/leg exercise.

So i am only doing them one day and the next 2 squats. Although yes i am going to write things down now cause the past few weeks have been more of me getting back into things and not really keeping track of weight. Just going by how i feel.

also being that the beginning of the week should be heavy, i feel the deadlift is a heavy exercise so i like to do it early. Although i dunno sometimes i admit i wana keep the deadlift only and do leg presses instead of squats lol.

Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
    Dude, post up your stats; what you started off lifting and how much ur lifting now
    not to sure about about before but right now my lifts are:

Bench-205lbs-8repsx2
    Deadlift-295lbs-8repsx2
    Squat-225lbs-8repsx2
    Bent over rows-165lbs- 8repsx2
    Shoulder Press-145lbs-8repsx2
    Barbell Curl 95lbs- 8repsx2
    Calf Raises 225- 8repsx2

kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kieran12345678 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is this workout good for cutting

Aren't you meant to be lifting as much as you can so your body maintains muscle i think that once you have passed your first cycle and than go back to 8 reps your muscles will shrink because they will think that they dont need them is this true or is this workout good for cutting

Closed Thread
Page 279 of 333 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 289 329 ... LastLast