Closed Thread
Page 193 of 333 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 9967
    WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MetalMulisha304 View Post
    Hello, I am just now starting this. What order do you go in? Do you do all the sets of squats one after the other and then move on? Or do you do a different exercise after EACH set? Thank man!
    You do them in the order listed. That means you do all sets of squats (warm-ups and work-sets) then all sets of bench etc.

Registered User MetalMulisha304's Avatar
    MetalMulisha304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalMulisha304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just what I wanted to know. Thank you so much!!

MetalMulisha304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MetalMulisha304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh, and one more thing. On the medium days when I drop 10% weight, do I drop 10% on the warm up sets as well?

JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JKAL1202 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh, and one more thing. On the medium days when I drop 10% weight, do I drop 10% on the warm up sets as well?
    There is actually a spreadsheet somewhere in the first few pages that is excellent. You just type your lift weight and it calculates the rest for you. If you can't find it I can send it to you.

Nah, I know how to increase/decrease weight the wait by a percentage. I just need to know if I should decrease the warm up sets as well as the work sets on the 2 work out day?

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nah, I know how to increase/decrease weight the wait by a percentage. I just need to know if I should decrease the warm up sets as well as the work sets on the 2 work out day?
    All pro said to keep the warm up weights the same for heavy/medium/light days

akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Theres still two big problems I have about this program that Im not really getting an answers to. Im 6'3 175lbs My bp is about 100lbs, squat about 125, and Im talking 3x10...yes they suck I know which is why I have the following question... I spoke to a personal trainer today and he said that I should be getting into the gym 4-5 days/week min... and instead of doing 1 day splits (all muscles in one day) do legs/abs, chest/tris etc... Thats what is keeping me back from starting this program, am I keeping myself back by only going to the gym 3x a week, and not adding weight for 5 weeks min? All I want is the right program and it seems like theres something wrong with everything I do... about to change the GVT (german Volume Training) program im doing. I would appreciate it if all-pro or someone could really help out.
    -Thanks

akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) akamale has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ....Also, should I take weight gainer?

Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Abe132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Argh, I just started and had to take a week off of this program.

Im on C1W3 and only did heavy day, then a week off. Should I redo week 3 or move on to week 4? I feel like I'm cheating if I move on.

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by akamale View Post
    Theres still two big problems I have about this program that Im not really getting an answers to. Im 6'3 175lbs My bp is about 100lbs, squat about 125, and Im talking 3x10...yes they suck I know which is why I have the following question... I spoke to a personal trainer today and he said that I should be getting into the gym 4-5 days/week min... and instead of doing 1 day splits (all muscles in one day) do legs/abs, chest/tris etc... Thats what is keeping me back from starting this program, am I keeping myself back by only going to the gym 3x a week, and not adding weight for 5 weeks min? All I want is the right program and it seems like theres something wrong with everything I do... about to change the GVT (german Volume Training) program im doing. I would appreciate it if all-pro or someone could really help out.
    -Thanks
    It is a very good beginners routine that splits the gains between size and strength. Intermediate/Advanced lifters may choose push/pull routines, 5x5's, or bodypart splits like the bro PT mentioned. All beginners need is something simple and basic to get started with.

Also, in order to add 1 rep each week, your 1 rep max has to increase by about 2.5% each week...do the math. There's none of this ''oh nah I'll just do the same reps and weight until I 'feel' like moving up''. With all pros programing, you have no choice but to push yourself.

I wouldn't take any advice from that PT also.

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ....Also, should I take weight gainer?
    Take it if you want. You don't need it though.

Eat in a caloric surplus and you will gain weight.

Originally Posted by Abe132 View Post
    Argh, I just started and had to take a week off of this program.

Im on C1W3 and only did heavy day, then a week off. Should I redo week 3 or move on to week 4? I feel like I'm cheating if I move on.
    Redo week 3.

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I spoke to a personal trainer today and he said that I should be getting into the gym 4-5 days/week min... and instead of doing 1 day splits (all muscles in one day) do legs/abs, chest/tris etc...
    Your a beginner, beginners benfit more from a full body routine. This is a full body routine. you are working out all your groups three times a week.

Once you move on to be an intermediate lifter then by all means move onto a split, but i would recommend(from everything ive seen on this site) to stick with the full body routine for now.

In my personal experience a lot of PT's dont know what the hell they are talking about so take that they say with a grain of salt.

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    -Thanks
    all the help you need have been documented in full detail (if you will just read from PART I page 1).

but for us to really help you out (in case you had a hard time reading back through 1xxxxxx posts), I suggest read just pages 1 and 2 of part III, get your initial load correctly, and start the program. if you encounter a show-stopper or doubt, ask questions here.

the program says:
    -7 exercises in EXACT order
    -2 sets each
    -the first three has 2 sets warmup
    -it should be done 3 times a week

all numbers in this program has been questioned over and over again but has survived going 6 years now.
    Cycle: 1 | Starting Weight: 200lbs
    Cycle: 2 | Starting Weight: 192lbs (+1 week, i finished in 6wks)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello, I am just now starting this. What order do you go in? Do you do all the sets of squats one after the other and then move on? Or do you do a different exercise after EACH set? Thank man!

here you go, read in full http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1#post70307053

ask questions here that is not yet included on post #1
    Cycle: 1 | Starting Weight: 200lbs
    Cycle: 2 | Starting Weight: 192lbs (+1 week, i finished in 6wks)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cian93 View Post
    Is there any way of knowing when it would be beneficial to get off this plan and on to something else though?
    Quite simply do a program until you stop progressing or get bored with it.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krispradez View Post
    all the help you need have been documented in full detail (if you will just read from PART I page 1).

but for us to really help you out (in case you had a hard time reading back through 1xxxxxx posts), I suggest read just pages 1 and 2 of part III, get your initial load correctly, and start the program. if you encounter a show-stopper or doubt, ask questions here.

the program says:
    -7 exercises in EXACT order
    -2 sets each
    -the first three has 2 sets warmup
    -it should be done 3 times a week

all numbers in this program has been questioned over and over again but has survived going 6 years now.
    You should probably just post this exact text twice a day ITT to prevent at least some of the long-winded daily questions

Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimmer74 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well, C1 W3 is done and dusted ..... I guess from here onwards is where it starts getting tough!

Can't wait!

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    -Thanks
    Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    I wouldn't take any advice from that PT also.
    This LOL. If you went more than 3 times a week on this routine you would tire yourself out. It is a full body routine.

Dude, you sound like I did this this morning hahaa. I went to bed last night at 12:00 hoping to get my 8 hours, but I woke up at 6:00. I was to excited and couldn't go back to sleep. I started at 7:00 and finished at 7:45. Awesome workout and super intense. I'm thankful for tential putting this up!! I feel like a 6 year old could kick my ass. lol

Dude, you sound like I did this this morning hahaa. I went to bed last night at 12:00 hoping to get my 8 hours, but I woke up at 6:00. I was to excited and couldn't go back to sleep. I started at 7:00 and finished at 7:45. Awesome workout and super intense. I'm thankful for All Pro putting this up!! I feel like a 6 year old could kick my ass. lol
    Fixed that for you.

topcitytitan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    quick question here. My gym doesnt have a place to do over head presses, all they have is smith machines, i dont want to use the smith machines cause I feel that with free weights i will definitley see more gain. Any ideas on what i could do?

Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zergish890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Few noob questions while I go through this thread:

1) Is there any substitutes for the stiff legged deadlifts? It's just a very awkward position for me and would rather do trap bar deadlifts..but doing that 3x a week seems ridiculous doesnt it?

2) If I start with 85 squatting, should I be doing 85 for all the workouts? Or are the work set amounts different for each exercise?

3) Is this routine really going to add more mass than Starting Strength? Or should I just continue SS? Been a month on it.

JayRich1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayRich1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What's the best way to do calf raises? Should I use barbells or dumbbells? Should I do standing squat calf raises, that being with the barbell over my upper back? Or should I just hold the barbell at my torso as if I am about do a lift of some sort. I have watched a bunch of videos, but they are all different and most don't even use weights.

lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by topcitytitan View Post
    quick question here. My gym doesnt have a place to do over head presses, all they have is smith machines, i dont want to use the smith machines cause I feel that with free weights i will definitley see more gain. Any ideas on what i could do?
    What do you mean they don't have a "place"? Do they not have barbells? If they don't, then you can grab the bar from the bench press, or the bar from the squat rack if you can't find one elsewhere. Then you just go find an spot on the floor to set it down and add your weights to it.
    I once saved a woman's life by squatting a train axle off of a pile of wreckage that was crushing her. The woman's beautiful daughter was so grateful that she offered her body to me as a reward. I just smiled and said, "Sorry Babe, I've got 2 more sets to do." -- exerpt from my novel "Squatter's Rites" which hasn't been written yet.

lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lefecious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zergish890 View Post
    Few noob questions while I go through this thread:

1) Is there any substitutes for the stiff legged deadlifts? It's just a very awkward position for me and would rather do trap bar deadlifts..but doing that 3x a week seems ridiculous doesnt it?

2) If I start with 85 squatting, should I be doing 85 for all the workouts? Or are the work set amounts different for each exercise?

3) Is this routine really going to add more mass than Starting Strength? Or should I just continue SS? Been a month on it.
    1. As a noob I wouldn't make any substitutions. SLDL's take some getting used to, but focus on good form and as your back and legs get stronger you'll start to really like this lift.

2. I'm a little confused by your wording, but it sounds like you're asking if you do 85 lbs for squats, then do you also have to do 85 lbs for bench, rows, overhead press, etc. And the answer to that is absolutely not! You use your 10 rep max for each exercise. Nobody can curl as much as they can squat.

3. I've never done starting strength but from what I've read I believe the routine is focused more on strength than size, and it sounds a helluva lot harder than all-pro's routine. Personally, I want size and I want an easy workout so I'll be more likely to stick with it. That's all-pro's.
    I once saved a woman's life by squatting a train axle off of a pile of wreckage that was crushing her. The woman's beautiful daughter was so grateful that she offered her body to me as a reward. I just smiled and said, "Sorry Babe, I've got 2 more sets to do." -- exerpt from my novel "Squatter's Rites" which hasn't been written yet.

Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)
    So, in general though, disregarding the fact that hamstrings may not be hit as hard if you're doing deadlifts instead of stifflegged deadlifts, will actually substituting SLDL for DL destroy the routine? Or is it okay to do so?
    “A life spent chasing dreams that never come true is better than a life spent running away from dreams that could have.” – Alan Aragon

Originally Posted by JayRich1 View Post
    What's the best way to do calf raises? Should I use barbells or dumbbells? Should I do standing squat calf raises, that being with the barbell over my upper back? Or should I just hold the barbell at my torso as if I am about do a lift of some sort. I have watched a bunch of videos, but they are all different and most don't even use weights.
    I struggled with this in the beginning as well, but then I realized that this workout is all about compound lifts, or lifts that work more than one muscle. The only two exceptions to this would be the bicep curls and the calf raises. For those, since the muscle is isolated, I think you could do any exercise that isolates that muscle. For instance, I've recently switched from standing curls to seated curls, because I found that it was too easy to cheat while standing. As long as my biceps are getting a good workout I don't think it makes a difference. So my advice would be to do the calf raises however you want, as long as you utilize good form and get a good pump from it.

Keep in mind this is not all pro's recommendation and this is just my opinion after doing the program for 4 cycles, so take it for what it's worth.

JayRich1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JayRich1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    When you're doing a squat. Should the barbell actually be resting on your upper back? If so, should your arms be taking any of the weight, or are they more so just keeping the barbell in place? Thanks.

still dont know what to do . I dont want to start this program, then 4 weeks in, find a better program.I dont want to keep switching. I feel as if 3x a week isnt enough, I dont know i really need all-pro or someone who knows what theyre talking about to convince me. Also how long would I be doing this program for 2months 3 months???? All I want is for someone to convince me that this is the best program there is for me to do right now. Already starting to lose confidence due to lack of gains

Closed Thread
Page 193 of 333 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 ... LastLast