Closed Thread
Page 162 of 333 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,860 of 9967
    robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by andy3168 View Post
    This thread is so weird. One one hand, BB is really supporting Gethin's workouts, and this vocal group here is supporting this routine.

Before I even start, why is that there is only a handful of before after pics? If this routine is GOD's routine then surely there will be more people talking their success huh? All I see is numbers, aka how much you can weight but not muscles. I maybe harsh, but I am one of many I am sure.

Btw, I even went to the transformation page(skinny to mass), and barely a few people there used this workout. Yeah, that says a lot right there.
    This is just a program. It's a program that's very good for beginners. If you want to do Gethin's workout, you should. If you want to do any other program, and there are a lot out there, go ahead. I'm not sure what the purpose of your post was.

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Champions1966 View Post
    What this routine like cutting? I'm currently cutting but I'm skeptical that I'm going to be able to add reps each week and 10% total weight each 5 weeks as I can't currently build muscle as you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? I understand you can as a total newbie but im not. I've been lifting badly for around 2 years now but in terms of stats like my 135lb bench press, I'm probably still considered a newbie hence doing this routine. So I doubt I can gain muscle on this program cutting so how can I increase weight or should I just leave it at my current max until I bulk? Thanks!
    This program is very forgiving on a cut.

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread is so weird. One one hand, BB is really supporting Gethin's workouts, and this vocal group here is supporting this routine.

Before I even start, why is that there is only a handful of before after pics? If this routine is GOD's routine then surely there will be more people talking their success huh? All I see is numbers, aka how much you can weight but not muscles. I maybe harsh, but I am one of many I am sure.

Btw, I even went to the transformation page(skinny to mass), and barely a few people there used this workout. Yeah, that says a lot right there.

Hello Grailer.
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Krunkz View Post
    Hello Grailer.
    Who the **** is Grailer?

You(and some of the other blowhards) clearly seem to think this is the ultimate "bodybuilding" program and not susceptible to any criticism. Or you think one guy is posting the same criticism with different accounts? Close-minded at it's finest.

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Who the **** is Grailer?

You(and some of the other blowhards) clearly seem to think this is the ultimate "bodybuilding" program and not susceptible to any criticism. Or you think one guy is posting the same criticism with different accounts? Close-minded at it's finest.
    The people on this thread are enthusiastic about it because we're BEGINNERS. We have the enthusiasm of BEGINNERS. When people are beginners, they are excited. This only stands to reason. Again, I'm not sure what the point of posting this garbage in this thread is? There are plenty of routines to go around. Why are you so hostile to this one?

Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Willnotquit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it normal to not be sore on the next day?

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Who the **** is Grailer?
    Sorry, not quite sure what your saying as I dont read red.

Originally Posted by Willnotquit View Post
    I quite often feel sore the next day, not as much as I did when I first started out though.

On another note, today is light day of cycle 5 week 1. I took a week off between cycle 4 and 5 due to xmas, i drank way too much and didnt bother with macros, as a result of this i have really struggled this week! Im back on the eating healthy and fitting my macros, so im hoping next week feels a bit better :P

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

1. Comment on # of pics: you should define many or few first. I probably have seen 10pics or so and that to me is many, but I also managed to look at the entire 25000+++ posts since part I.
    2. yup you're not the only one who asked it, the other guy's name is grailer.
    3. this is a beginners workout, with just the right info and motivation to jumpstart a noob (like me) to try out bodybuilding by using simple-to-follow programs. i guess that's what makes it popular, because many people love to get into weightlifting/bodybuilding/or just plain gym, but dont know where to start. after a while with 7cycles or so+++, they move to advance routine (almost a year) that's why you don't see many folks staying in the program too long (over 1yr).
    Cycle: 1 | Starting Weight: 200lbs
    Cycle: 2 | Starting Weight: 192lbs (+1 week, i finished in 6wks)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) krispradez has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Willnotquit View Post
    on my first cycle i feel sore the next day. but not anymore since cycle 2, im also taking nitrotech (im not sure if it has something to do with it though)
    Cycle: 3 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (Could be the holidays), I am also taking Nitrotech
    Cycle: 4 | Starting Weight: 198lbs (+2weeks on C2W5 insufficient plates), using Muscletech

"ad astra per aspera"

andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100) andy3168 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by krispradez View Post
    1. Comment on # of pics: you should define many or few first. I probably have seen 10pics or so and that to me is many, but I also managed to look at the entire 25000+++ posts since part I.
    2. yup you're not the only one who asked it, the other guy's name is grailer.
    3. this is a beginners workout, with just the right info and motivation to jumpstart a noob (like me) to try out bodybuilding by using simple-to-follow programs. i guess that's what makes it popular, because many people love to get into weightlifting/bodybuilding/or just plain gym, but dont know where to start. after a while with 7cycles or so+++, they move to advance routine (almost a year) that's why you don't see many folks staying in the program too long (over 1yr).
    To start off, I was a little too harsh, sorry about that.

Ok, as a beginner, if one is strictly looking to put muscles, shouldn't they focus more on a hypertrophy program? I get the whole powerlifting--->bodybuilding, but as far as many are concerned, it's a load of bro-science.

If you don't mind can you link those pictures?

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by steelmonkey View Post
    On another note, today is light day of cycle 5 week 1. I took a week off between cycle 4 and 5 due to xmas, i drank way too much and didnt bother with macros, as a result of this i have really struggled this week! Im back on the eating healthy and fitting my macros, so im hoping next week feels a bit better :P
    I took a week off too and drank way too much. Tomorrow is medium day of cycle 3 for me. Have you failed any lifts yet? I plan on doing at least 5 or 6 cycles, but imagine one or two lifts might fail on the next cycle.

steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) steelmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nevergain View Post
    Have you failed any lifts yet?
    I havent failed any lifts this week, but my form for the last few squats and BP were terrible(if i did them that bad on test day I wouldnt have increased my weight).

Throughout the cycles I have only failed OHP a couple of times, i started weights quite low though and focused on form for the first few cycles so i wasnt really pushing myself overly much at the beginning.

MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeadMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ok, as a beginner, if one is strictly looking to put muscles, shouldn't they focus more on a hypertrophy program? I get the whole powerlifting--->bodybuilding, but as far as many are concerned, it's a load of bro-science.

If you look one or two pages back someone posted progress pics. Looks pretty good for 6 or 7 cycles of this program. This is a beginners program designed with a split of size strength and endurance in mind. Hence the 8 to 12 rep range. It is different than other programs listed on this site, not necessarily better, just different.

I for one chose this program a year or so ago (on an intermediate now) because I liked the methodical nature of it and the fact i could get it done in under 45 minutes.

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

This isn't a power lifting routine. This isn't a body building routine. This is a routine designed to introduce totally new beginners to weight training, help casual lifters build a more solid base or ease people who stopped lifting but want to start again back into it. This programs only real claim is that it is a beginners program. The reason you aren't seeing a ton of pictures showing massive muscle gains with this routine is because there are very few. This doesn't mean the program doesn't work. It means people did it for 3-5 cycles ( maybe more) then moved to an actual power lifting or body building routine. Also being a beginners routine there are those that started but didn't keep going. I would bet there are a lot of those to be honest. I did 3 cycles of this routine to get back into lifting after 6 years. The routine worked perfectly. I gained strength and also improved my form on the compound lifts. I also lost 30 pounds in 3 cycles while adding weight to my lifts, only failing OHP on the last cycle.

All Pro also has 4 intermediate routines stickied in the same forum as this program. If people don't feel this will work for them because they are obviously not a beginner they should check those out. Another solid program is JasonDB's 5x5 for starting toward body building or Tom Mutaffis' 3 day split which seems to be for those power lifter types.

Honestly I don't think there is a beginners routine out there that would suggest anything more than compound lifts like Squats, BP, SLDLs/deadlifts, power cleans, OHP's etc. Would you build a 20 story building on top of a concrete footing that still wasn't hard? I would say no, because every building starts with a good foundation.
    Last edited by Krunkz; 01-03-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling error
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Oh for the love of God. You will make size gains on any program that isn't terrible as long as you hit your macros and eat at a calorie surplus.

GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GordtheWard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any way to work power cleans into this? how would you guys go about that?

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GordtheWard View Post
    any way to work power cleans into this? how would you guys go about that?
    I wouldn't add Power Cleans to this program. I would add them to an intermediate program.

If you're an athlete, do Bill Stars 5x5.

There are also alot of 5x5's incorporating Power Cleans here in all pros 5x5 thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027

these are not mine, just reposting (resizing). most progress pics are in their body space. hard to dig three threads.

"ad astra per aspera"

Shondang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If on heavy day, week 3 of the cycle, i only fail squats, should i reset everything to week 1 or only reset squats to week 1 and move on with other exercises?

xiugap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, so I've been through 2 cycles so far and am taking a week off, and I was wondering if I can change the number of reps from 8-12 to 6-10 because I get really tired when doing this routine on weeks 4 and 5. Tired to the point where I feel I'm failing a couple exercises not because its too heavy, but because my body is too tired (gassing doing curls seriously).

Originally Posted by Shondang View Post
    If on heavy day, week 3 of the cycle, i only fail squats, should i reset everything to week 1 or only reset squats to week 1 and move on with other exercises?
    The weight should be staying the same throughout the whole cycle. So you failed your 10 rep heavy day squats. Keep the weight the same for 11 rep and 12 rep weeks. And if you do not complete all 12 reps week 5, keep the weight the same for the next cycle and try again. All other lifts that you performed 12 reps successfully go up 10% in weight for the next cycle.

Originally Posted by xiugap View Post
    Ok, so I've been through 2 cycles so far and am taking a week off, and I was wondering if I can change the number of reps from 8-12 to 6-10 because I get really tired when doing this routine on weeks 4 and 5. Tired to the point where I feel I'm failing a couple exercises not because its too heavy, but because my body is too tired (gassing doing curls seriously).

The reason you are getting tired is because your endurance is lagging which will get better as you continue this program, provided you follow the recommended rest periods. ie.30 secs for warm ups, 1min 30 for work sets.

You can however do any rep range you wish, but, 6 rep calf raises?? 8-12 will split the gains between size and strength for the majority and is a suitable range for all of the excercises.

Stick with it, your endurance will catch up.

Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    The reason you are getting tired is because your endurance is lagging which will get better as you continue this program, provided you follow the recommended rest periods. ie.30 secs for warm ups, 1min 30 for work sets.

You can however do any rep range you wish, but, 6 rep calf raises?? 8-12 will split the gains between size and strength for the majority and is a suitable range for all of the excercises.

Stick with it, your endurance will catch up.
    I doubt my endurance will catch up since it was worse on the second cycle compared to the first and my squat weight is going up again. Since its ok to change the rep range I'll just go 6-10 for this cycle and judge by myself if it was better or worse than cycle 2.

I doubt my endurance will catch up since it was worse on the second cycle compared to the first and my squat weight is going up again. Since its ok to change the rep range I'll just go 6-10 for this cycle and judge by myself if it was better or worse than cycle 2.
    It's your call I guess. Some people just want the easy way out.

Shondang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The weight should be staying the same throughout the whole cycle. So you failed your 10 rep heavy day squats. Keep the weight the same for 11 rep and 12 rep weeks. And if you do not complete all 12 reps week 5, keep the weight the same for the next cycle and try again. All other lifts that you performed 12 reps successfully go up 10% in weight for the next cycle.
    All clear. Thank you very much. Can't wait to start my 1 cycle next week.

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shondang View Post
    If you are failing on week 3, you made a mistake figuring out your 10 rep max at the beginning.

It's your call I guess. Some people just want the easy way out.
    That was unecessary wasnt it?

Maybe a little, but I get what he's saying.

Maybe it was.

Your endurance will catch up. Have patience.

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by krispradez View Post
    these are not mine, just reposting (resizing). most progress pics are in their body space. hard to dig three threads.

Thanks KRISPRADEZ it's nice to see those success pictures again.
    If any of those guys are still stopping in, I again say congratulations.
    Also congratulations to everyone that is sticking with the program, IT WORKS and IT WILL take you to the next level.
    Keep lifting heavy
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

Closed Thread
Page 162 of 333 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 ... LastLast