Closed Thread
Page 105 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 9967
    FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrSlippery View Post
    That is the key for many people, getting started and on the right track is the hardest part. Once you get going you wonder why it seemed so difficult in the past.

C3W2 light day today in the books and it was a breeze, I was a little worried as the wife worked overnights and my son decided to wake up for 2 hours from 1-3am (has 4 teeth all coming in) however I still felt great at 6am getting up to work out. Might not feel that way in a few hours mind you haha.
    Haha...at least you got through your workout. How you feel later doesn't matter...lol

I hear you on the teeth. My 2yr old has her back molars coming in already! She had all her front teeth in not long after she turned 1 !

Today would be light day for me ( C2W4 ) Taking this time off sucks. I'll be back at it Monday to pick up where I left off. C2W4 heavy day.

Going to go easy on the curls though. I picked up an EZ Curl bar. Hopefully that helps with my elbow trouble.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10) MrSlippery is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post
    Haha...at least you got through your workout. How you feel later doesn't matter...lol

I hear you on the teeth. My 2yr old has her back molars coming in already! She had all her front teeth in not long after she turned 1 !

Today would be light day for me ( C2W4 ) Taking this time off sucks. I'll be back at it Monday to pick up where I left off. C2W4 heavy day.

Going to go easy on the curls though. I picked up an EZ Curl bar. Hopefully that helps with my elbow trouble.
    Ya mine is 16 months and once these come in he will have all his teeth aside from the back molars, it's good to get it over with so early but they have just come in waves for him unfortunately.

I am picking up an EZ curl bar as well, as the weight goes up using a standard bar really bothers my elbow.

MEK42 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I didn't fail today with my lifts

All 8 Reps
    Squat 45 45 95 95
    Bench 45 50 90 90
    BOR 45 55 80 80
    OHP 45 45
    Stiff Legged DL 105 105
    BB Curl 40 40
    Calf Raises 120 120

Next week begins my first "official" week one of my first cycle.

Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric90XJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Eric90XJ View Post
    I've been working out in my garage lately, I have an Olympic bar and plates, bench, and rack. My lifts are high enough to do with workout for all heavy, medium, light days on all lifts except with the curl. On my heavy day I curl just the 45lb bar. I do have access to a gym that has lighter bars but it would be nice if I could do my workout at home on days that I need to save time. Would it be ok if I did the workout as it is laid out but just curled heavy twice a week on my heavy and medium day?
    Just in case anyone is in the same situation... I ended up getting a 1 inch pipe at work and figuring out how much it weighs per foot then cutting it down to a length that weighs 5lbs (a little under 6 feet long). This works fine for curls and even kinda helps form a bit as you are forced to balance the weights and cannot favor your strong side. I would not use it for any heavy weights or in any case where the weight is suspended over you. But it beats paying 40 bucks or so for a small bar just to do curls with!

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    finished 2nd cycle today. What do you guys think about increasing weights by more than 10% on some lifts?

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mistrvi View Post
    finished 2nd cycle today. What do you guys think about increasing weights by more than 10% on some lifts?
    May as well duck... There's gonna be incoming!
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And so, week 2 of my first cycle is in the books. Week 3... Give me what you got!

Former 400+ Guy

frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frenchy72 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by alacriTEA View Post
    May as well duck... There's gonna be incoming!
    No need to duck.

He won't be able to stand up straight.

Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Krunkz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by chubbybones View Post
    Those numbers are very impressive Krunkz.And only on your 3rd cycle?
    Im guessing this isnt your first rodeo.My numbers seem almost comical in comparison.
    I just completed C1W4D1 with very low numbers but i hope i'll get stronger by sticking at it.
    Anyways, thought id give you props for such awesome numbers,keep up the good work.

Thanks. And yes. I have lifted before. I also did concrete construction until last year. So while i am a pretty heavy dood. I think I have some decent muscle underneath.
    my log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147080553

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mistrvi View Post
    Be smart about it. I keep repeating myself on "stick with the program".... But you are the only one that knows your body. I personally increased my calf raises about 12% between cycle 2 and 3. I just rounded up instead of down because they were way too easy. If you really think you can handle more than 10% on any certain exercise it's up to you, but don't be upset if you stall on that exercise and have to repeat it for another five weeks.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

LordJock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thoughts about swapping Back squats for front Squats? Or dips instead of *shudder* bench presses?

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    can i swap calf raises for pan cakes and jumping jacks?
    calf raises are just to hard. i love doing jumping jacks and eating pancakes so it must be a good alternative right?
    or should i just stick to it the way it is written just becuse it has been proven to work time and time again?
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tubbymcgill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^
    Lol
    I had added forearm stuff at cycle 3 cause i thought they were holding me back. Now i have taken them out at cycle 5, and don't plan on ever altering anything ever again. It's now obvious how everything will even out proportionally eventually. Extra crap will probably just stall my recovery anyway.

mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mistrvi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tupperwolf View Post
    Be smart about it. I keep repeating myself on "stick with the program".... But you are the only one that knows your body. I personally increased my calf raises about 12% between cycle 2 and 3. I just rounded up instead of down because they were way too easy. If you really think you can handle more than 10% on any certain exercise it's up to you, but don't be upset if you stall on that exercise and have to repeat it for another five weeks.
    well the thing is i was lifting before on and off and got back to gym in august, as everything is stable irl atm. My stats were much higher before, but i lowered them on this routine so i can get back in form and be easy on joints, basically started from scratch and seems like it goes too easy

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is a curious routine

Are there any skinny/fat hardgainers out there that have had good results on this? I'm talking about the skinny brahs that have a hard time gaining muscle and tend to gain fat easier. (in before no such thing as hardgainer, only under eaters etc)

Just getting back into lifting after 8 years off and I feel l like my current program isn't really working, I'm doing:

Same structure as Starting strength:

Mon (workout A)
    Wed (Workout B)
    Friday (workout A)
    Mon (workout B)
    Etc

Workout A (chest, Tri's, shoulders):
    2x8-10 DB Bench Press
    2x8-10 Flies/pec deck (Need to hit chest again here, was doing superman dips w/weight, then I couldn't do shoulders which I really need to do desperately)
    2x8-10 Smith Military press
    Calves
    Seated Leg press 3x10-12

Workout B:
    SLDL 3x10-12 (just started due to back)
    2x8-10 Cable Seated Row
    2x8-10 Lat Pulldown
    1x10-12 DB bicep curl
    Abs

I should be able to start doing Squats soon. Due to back injury the chiro said no downard pressure on spine. I'm gonna check next week when I see him to see if it's OK yet. Only just started doing LIGHT SLDL last week, and I don't go all the way vertical, I stop just before vertical so there is no downward pressue, is this bad?

I've skimmed through the threads but I might have missed any (if there was anything posted about this)

Thanks fellas, need some mass!
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    calf raises are just to hard. i love doing jumping jacks and eating pancakes so it must be a good alternative right?
    or should i just stick to it the way it is written just becuse it has been proven to work time and time again?
    So thats the same differential as fronts vs backs...
    Personally, I think fronts have more carry over for a beginner, especially if there is sufficient posterior chain work, like in all pros.
    Reasons, 1: its much harder to cheat the form on fronts, if you do you will lose the bar forward. 2: much lower chance of lower back injury as lighter weight + less shearing force strain (less anterior pelvic hip rotation at bottom, more upright position), 3: easier to learn once the grip issue is sorted out.
    They are also a kickass core and upper back stabilization movement, and most people can get deeper with them putting added stress on the quads. You can stick to pan cakes and jumping jacks, just my 2 cents, and it was just a question. Just because it has been proven to work doesnt mean its the only way which will work.... although pan cakes and jumping jacks are definately the core of any good routine lol

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LordJock View Post
    So thats the same differential as fronts vs backs...
    Personally, I think fronts have more carry over for a beginner, especially if there is sufficient posterior chain work, like in all pros.
    Reasons, 1: its much harder to cheat the form on fronts, if you do you will lose the bar forward. 2: much lower chance of lower back injury as lighter weight + less shearing force strain (less anterior pelvic hip rotation at bottom, more upright position), 3: easier to learn once the grip issue is sorted out.
    They are also a kickass core and upper back stabilization movement, and most people can get deeper with them putting added stress on the quads. You can stick to pan cakes and jumping jacks, just my 2 cents, and it was just a question. Just because it has been proven to work doesnt mean its the only way which will work.... although pan cakes and jumping jacks are definately the core of any good routine lol
    in my attempt to be be witty or humorist i may have left out a important personal fact.
    if im following a routine or claim to be = i follow it........ at the same token if i see a rutien the looks to hold value for my particular goals but i feel im more qualified than the person who designed the rutien i would alter it to fit me. that being said when i fall on my face i dont have to worry about who misled me. i know it was me....
    my "pan cakes and jumping jack" was actualy in reference to a joke i had made quit a few months back about folks wanting to alter the program.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

in my attempt to be be witty or humorist i may have left out a important personal fact.
    if im following a routine or claim to be = i follow it........ at the same token if i see a rutien the looks to hold value for my particular goals but i feel im more qualified than the person who designed the rutien i would alter it to fit me. that being said when i fall on my face i dont have to worry about who misled me. i know it was me....
    my "pan cakes and jumping jack" was actualy in reference to a joke i had made quit a few months back about folks wanting to alter the program.
    so, backs squat it is then. Im kidding, Im kidding
    I understand where you are coming from, considering 99.99% of the time when people attempt to alter routine written by someone with credence, they end up destroying it completely. It seems the pancakes and jumping jacks argument is more rational than it once appeared. However I also believe that blindly following others, even if it does "work", is a surefire way to mediocrity. And nonone wants to be average. I'm also ready to accept that IF I fall on my face, it would be my fault for the alteration of said routine. But afterall, experimenting is how we got here and experimenting is how we will progress. Hence, I will continue to ponder whether front squats shall replace back squats.

edit: after re-reading the original post, I have to say I did actually enjoy the humour!

syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50) syncmaster913n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Haven't posted here in a while, see a ton of new faces here now

I'm in my 6th cycle right now, been going the whole way on a calorie deficit. 2 more cycles and I should be done with my cut, going to post some before/after pics then.

SpanishSahara has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just back from my very first work on this routine. Couple of things:

Does anyone feel bad for hogging the barbell for ALL your exercises? My Gym is quite busy and I noticed at least guy getting annoyed at me being on the barbell for so long. I actually did my ham raises and rows on a machine because of this.

I maybe overdid the squats at first and when i came to do my deadlift my knee was twitching like **** and i couldn't control it. Is this relatively normal?

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so, backs squat it is then. Im kidding, Im kidding
    I understand where you are coming from, considering 99.99% of the time when people attempt to alter routine written by someone with credence, they end up destroying it completely. It seems the pancakes and jumping jacks argument is more rational than it once appeared. However I also believe that blindly following others, even if it does "work", is a surefire way to mediocrity. And nonone wants to be average. I'm also ready to accept that IF I fall on my face, it would be my fault for the alteration of said routine. But afterall, experimenting is how we got here and experimenting is how we will progress. Hence, I will continue to ponder whether front squats shall replace back squats.

edit: after re-reading the original post, I have to say I did actually enjoy the humour!
    If you are just starting this routine, and for whatever reason you cannot do back squats, subbing front squats, zercher squats, dumbbell squats, etc. should be fine to BEGIN with. As you progress though it will be tougher to add weights to the bar. It has been said that the back squat is the foundation of any routine. It is NOT an easy lift to master. Many do the squats incorrectly and suffer injury but to those who take the time to master it reap great rewards.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

ITT: Sarcasm doesn't always translate properly through web space. #See3136

Former 400+ Guy

Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kottermode has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpanishSahara View Post
    Just back from my very first work on this routine. Couple of things:

Does anyone feel bad for hogging the barbell for ALL your exercises? My Gym is quite busy and I noticed at least guy getting annoyed at me being on the barbell for so long. I actually did my ham raises and rows on a machine because of this.
    Well, let's see. I use the squat rack first, then move to bench press. From their I do t-bar rows that uses a third different barbell. Then I go back to the squat rack for OHP and SLDL. I use the ez-curl bar for upright rows and dumbbells for curls. Calf raises I use a machine.

So, it's not a problem for me and I go to a super tiny gym with only one of everything.

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When calculating your light warm-up, medium warm-up, light-day and medium-day, should you round up or down if you get a number with a decimal point? I always round down. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    When calculating your light warm-up, medium warm-up, light-day and medium-day, should you round up or down if you get a number with a decimal point? I always round down. I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.
    Use your heavy day warm up weight for all your days. General advice is always round down.

Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    I usually round down.

Former 400+ Guy

Jeff32463 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll be joining a gym in the near future, and thinking about adopting this routine. I know it's been said to not change the routine, but I have a bad left knee. It makes a very loud crunchy sound when I squat down under my own body weight. I can't imagine what it will do with any amount of weight added. It doesn't seem to bother me when I mimic the motion of a leg press, so I was wondering if that would be an okay alternative.

Originally Posted by Desparado View Post
    If you are just starting this routine, and for whatever reason you cannot do back squats, subbing front squats, zercher squats, dumbbell squats, etc. should be fine to BEGIN with. As you progress though it will be tougher to add weights to the bar. It has been said that the back squat is the foundation of any routine. It is NOT an easy lift to master. Many do the squats incorrectly and suffer injury but to those who take the time to master it reap great rewards.
    Im not starting the routine, it was purely theoretical. I have seen a lot of beginners try back squats, add weight to the bar and end up injuring themselves quickly. With front squats, not so much. I also believe it would be possible to add weight at the same rate with fronts vs backs, maybe not so much with the other substitutes. Just thoughts though....

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm bulking trying to put on weight and muscle not lose
    would it be wise to do cardio on off days? I'm thinking maybe just abs or at least a low intensity cardio
    any suggestions?
    What have you guys been doin your off days?

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im not starting the routine, it was purely theoretical. I have seen a lot of beginners try back squats, add weight to the bar and end up injuring themselves quickly. With front squats, not so much. I also believe it would be possible to add weight at the same rate with fronts vs backs, maybe not so much with the other substitutes. Just thoughts though....
    The front squat is an excellent quad developer. But it's not as efficient in working your posterior chain like the back squat. I'm not dissing the front squat whatsoever because it is an excellent lift but it is more an accessory lift. This routine consists of mostly compound exercises to work as many muscles as possible with only a few lifts. As an example you will need to do front squats, Romanian deadlifts AND weighted hip thrusts to work what the back squats can do. I really don't want to turn this into a front squat vs back squat debate because they BOTH serve a purpose.

If the issue is learning how to properly do the back squat and one doesn't have the luxury of a PT I would start with the Goblet Squat. This will teach proper depth while strengthening one's core. I would then progress to the front squat to eventually graduate to the back squat.

Again, the front squat is an excellent exercise but is not a substitute for THIS routine.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Closed Thread
Page 105 of 333 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast