av71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Athlete Supplement Stack Criticism Required/Creatine-Caffeine Question!

My Stack:
    ON 100% Whey Gold Standard
    Universal Animal Pak
    Fish Oil (2 Pills is 2000mg Fish Oil Concentrate, 500mg Omega Fatty Acids)
    N.O. Xplode 2.0
    Creatine Monohydrate
    Green Tea Extract (160mg Caffeine in 2 pills)
    Casein Protein

Schedule:
    Wake up: 1 scoop of Whey - 2 Green Tea pills
    30-60 min later with Breakfast: 2 Fish Oil pills - Animal Pak
    With Lunch: 2 Fish Oil Pills
    45-60 min Pre-Workout: 1 scoop N.O. Xplode - 2 Green Tea Pills
    15-30 min Pre-Workout: 1 scoop of Whey - 2.5g of Creatine
    Post Workout: 1 scoop of Whey - 2.5g of Creatine
    Before Bed: 2 Fish Oil Pills - 20g or so of Casein Protein

Hi, I'd like to start of saying that I'm a D1 Hockey Athlete trying to bulk up a bit and improve my overall fitness- I was wondering if I could get some criticism/help on my supplement stack. I'm not looking for the best-possible bodybuilding stack, I've researched plenty and tried to pick out which supplements would be the most critical to reaching my goals. So I guess I'm looking for a more of an intermediate stack.

I was hoping you guys could help me decide if there was anything I should add/or take off to improve my stack.

I was reading that while taking Creatine it would be best to avoid caffeine, as Creatine retains water while the caffeine makes you urinate more making it rather obsolete. Opinions? (This isn't my opinion I just read this online while researching my stack)

Also should I be taking the green tea extract as I'm trying to bulk up? It assists in thermogenisis, so should I be waiting till I'm in a more of a cutting phase rather than bulking till I add that into my stack? But keep in my mind I'm not really trying to add huge mass, mainly just get in better shape and put on a few more pounds.

Any other suggestions would be great! I'd love to hear all your opinions- any criticism is well invited as I'm trying to get the most of my work outs and be well prepared for the season. Oh, and if it is relevant, I have practice on the ice 6 days a week for 2-3 hours every morning, and hit the gym 6 times a week in the afternoon, though 2-3 of those days involve sprints and plyo. (Also what should I be taking on my one off day?) And thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by av71; 08-17-2012 at 01:30 PM.

I was also wondering if I should up the whey protein in the post-workout- there is about 24g of protein per scoop.

Bump!

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    LETS GO RANGERS

jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay8899 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you eat food? or just drink protein shakes all day?
    Originally Posted by av71 View Post
    My Stack:
    ON 100% Whey Gold Standard
    Universal Animal Pak
    Fish Oil (2 Pills is 2000mg Fish Oil Concentrate, 500mg Omega Fatty Acids)
    N.O. Xplode 2.0
    Creatine Monohydrate
    Green Tea Extract (160mg Caffeine in 2 pills)
    Casein Protein

Schedule:
    Wake up: 1 scoop of Whey - 2 Green Tea pills
    30-60 min later with Breakfast: 2 Fish Oil pills - Animal Pak
    With Lunch: 2 Fish Oil Pills
    45-60 min Pre-Workout: 1 scoop N.O. Xplode - 2 Green Tea Pills
    15-30 min Pre-Workout: 1 scoop of Whey - 2.5g of Creatine
    Post Workout: 1 scoop of Whey - 2.5g of Creatine
    Before Bed: 2 Fish Oil Pills - 20g or so of Casein Protein

Hi, I'd like to start of saying that I'm a D1 Hockey Athlete trying to bulk up a bit and improve my overall fitness- I was wondering if I could get some criticism/help on my supplement stack. I'm not looking for the best-possible bodybuilding stack, I've researched plenty and tried to pick out which supplements would be the most critical to reaching my goals. So I guess I'm looking for a more of an intermediate stack.

I was hoping you guys could help me decide if there was anything I should add/or take off to improve my stack.

I was reading that while taking Creatine it would be best to avoid caffeine, as Creatine retains water while the caffeine makes you urinate more making it rather obsolete. Opinions? (This isn't my opinion I just read this online while researching my stack)

Also should I be taking the green tea extract as I'm trying to bulk up? It assists in thermogenisis, so should I be waiting till I'm in a more of a cutting phase rather than bulking till I add that into my stack? But keep in my mind I'm not really trying to add huge mass, mainly just get in better shape and put on a few more pounds.

Any other suggestions would be great! I'd love to hear all your opinions- any criticism is well invited as I'm trying to get the most of my work outs and be well prepared for the season. Oh, and if it is relevant, I have practice on the ice 6 days a week for 2-3 hours every morning, and hit the gym 6 times a week in the afternoon, though 2-3 of those days involve sprints and plyo. (Also what should I be taking on my one off day?) And thanks in advance guys!

Oh ahaha sorry man if I didn't clarify- that schedule is purely supplements not including any of the food I eat, I've got a solid diet not really worried about that!

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by av71 View Post
    Oh ahaha sorry man if I didn't clarify- that schedule is purely supplements not including any of the food I eat, I've got a solid diet not really worried about that!
    Your stack is totally fine. I was a hockey player as well, played in the NAHL for 2 years before hangin the skates up unfortunately. As for the stack, green tea is def not needed. I know when I skated It was near impossible for me to keep my weight during the season so I would def try to get a mass gainer just to add the calories back in after your workouts. As for everything else I would just recommend a multi-vitamin and of course a good fish oil. Look for high concentrations of EPA and DHA when looking at a fish oil not just the overall total amounts in a proprietary blend. Also it's good to know where the fishes were taken from. Carlson Labs and Source Naturals are great reputable companies. For mass gainer's MuscleTech's MASS TECH, Allmax Nutrition's QuickMass and also ON's Serious Mass are all great mass gainers. Hope this helps a little bit but don't get too carried away with supplements just remember to eat to replace all the calories burned in your 6 day a week workouts.

LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LiftToLive19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Food, brother. Focus on your food.

Good to see another fellow D1 athlete. Former baseballer here.
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    - bulldog

JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JOKERXX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    Your stack is totally fine. I was a hockey player as well, played in the NAHL for 2 years before hangin the skates up unfortunately. As for the stack, green tea is def not needed. I know when I skated It was near impossible for me to keep my weight during the season so I would def try to get a mass gainer just to add the calories back in after your workouts. As for everything else I would just recommend a multi-vitamin and of course a good fish oil. Look for high concentrations of EPA and DHA when looking at a fish oil not just the overall total amounts in a proprietary blend. Also it's good to know where the fishes were taken from. Carlson Labs and Source Naturals are great reputable companies. For mass gainer's MuscleTech's MASS TECH, Allmax Nutrition's QuickMass and also ON's Serious Mass are all great mass gainers. Hope this helps a little bit but don't get too carried away with supplements just remember to eat to replace all the calories burned in your 6 day a week workouts.
    Who'd you play for?

konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50) konyy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where you playing? Try beta-alanine helps with cardio/endruance helps delay lactic acid. Also a hockey player here. Find that it helps. Try getting some electrolytes during practice/games.

All weights were lifted gallagnm's Avatar
    gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gallagnm has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fellow hockey player here man. Head to the nutrition section and check out how many macros you need a day to bulk. Your stack is pretty good. If money isnt an issue then your fine. The only thing i wanna add is you may not want to take some protein so close to no xplode because it may hinder the effects of the pre workout. Oh and another thing id stay away from pre workouts before hitting the ice. I have tried many times and i either had a huge crash while on the ice or my legs had too much of a pump that it was hard to move quickly.. but again everyone is different and i hope the best. Where are you playing D1?
    Personal Journal (ISSA-SSC, AFAA-CGFI, SPT)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175995851

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would disagree with some of the other posters I think your stack could use a lot of work. Drop the casein and ON and pick up a blend like Trutein or Protean.

Drop the Animal Pak and pick up some Orange Triad. With as much as you're training and stuff I think the joint support would serve you well. Always remember prevention is better than treatment.

Also, I'd drop the N.O. Explode and pick up something better. It is a pretty light pre work out so if you're tolerance isn't high I'd pick up something like SuperPUMP MAX, White Flood, SAN Fierce Domination or OG version.

I don't get the taking your NO Explode 45-60 mins out, and then taking a protein shake after that? It should be the other way around IMO. Also, if you're already saturated just throw your 5g of mono in at one time, because breaking it up isn't going to give you any other better effect.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000) Amoral is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LiftToLive19 View Post
    Food, brother. Focus on your food.

Good to see another fellow D1 athlete. Former baseballer here.
    D-1 Baseball....lul

On a serious note OP all professional athletes are using anything and everything to get ahead of the others, the contracts are too lucrative not to, I would try to find someone who is a good person thats been in the game a while that you can trust to give you the right advices on the dope needed to go above and beyond mediocrity.
    Business As Usual

Annapurna II

Anyone can look big standing alone

furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) furyhockey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amoral View Post
    D-1 Baseball....lul

On a serious note OP all professional athletes are using anything and everything to get ahead of the others, the contracts are too lucrative not to, I would try to find someone who is a good person thats been in the game a while that you can trust to give you the right advices on the dope needed to go above and beyond mediocrity.
    notsureifserious?

OP, first and foremost focus on food. However you posted wanting advice on your stack so there is some pretty good advice here. If your gonna take a pre-workout no need for the protein after before you workout. When I was skating I just focused on eating as much as I could and always had a pre-workout product to help in the weight room and a mass gainer for post-workouts. During I just used Accelerade and it did the job and helped me save money instead of buying dozens of powerades or gatorades.

Originally Posted by JOKERXX View Post
    Who'd you play for?
    Albert Lea Thunder and Kenai River in Alaska.

kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000) kenny878 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by furyhockey View Post
    notsureifserious?

OP, first and foremost focus on food. However you posted wanting advice on your stack so there is some pretty good advice here. If your gonna take a pre-workout no need for the protein after before you workout. When I was skating I just focused on eating as much as I could and always had a pre-workout product to help in the weight room and a mass gainer for post-workouts. During I just used Accelerade and it did the job and helped me save money instead of buying dozens of powerades or gatorades.
    like he said, diet diet diet. I've found NO supplements that gave me any decent effects whatsoever until my diet was 100% in check. Even then i keep my supplement stash vry small
    Im not a bodybuilder
    Im a hockey player

U of S Kinesiology Student

success grows exponentially