Page 1 of 107 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)

Tamara's Journal

Simple title I know - but really need to just jump in a do it.

I have been lurking for a while watching, reading deciding if I really needed to do a journal and have decided that I do. I need some extra accountability, infomation and support. I am a mother of two (7 year old son, 5 year old daughter) and have lost over 60 pounds in the last three years most recently taking another 20 pounds off in around Oct 2011. I have been going to the gym relatively regularly since Jan 2012 (this time round, has been a bit of a merry go round) and now my husband has decided that he would like to do a physique competition and I have decided that I want to be his sexy partner in crime. I have no desire to step on stage at this point in my life but do desire a body that I have in my head but not sure how it will flesh out.

I want to be tight, muscular but not overly hard but not soft - see what my problem is I don't think I know what I want. I look at pictures and respect the effort these ladies put in and some I go man I wanna look like that then go to myself is that an everyday look or a competition look or ......

I don't trust the BF % I was given by the one gym (they used calipers but I think I have a higher BF than what they came up with) I am a very typical women and carry alot of weight around my lower mid section and thighs. I have extra skin that doesn't seem to want to tighten up and I hate it. They gave me around 16%, I think I am around 21-23%.

I was just getting work done on my tattoo (which was my reward to myself for losing the weight) and my artist has asked if he could enter it into a competition which would require me to be there in a bikini so that the judges and people can view it - holy **** balls! I need to really get rid of some soft stuff in the next two months to make myself comfortable with my body. I have been wearing a bikini to certain things (holidays where no one knows me) to try and get my confidence up but isn't there yet.

I started working with my husband's trainer in his home gym at the moment twice a week but he wants to change to a three day split. I know that I need his help to push myself harder as I wouldn't do it. I did a solo gym jaunt from Jan-Jun and didn't see a huge improvement - some minor gains but didn't that person loading the weights so that I didn't think about it. What you don't worry about/see it is amazing what you can lift. I have accomplished body weight squats and deads so that was huge for me now just need to get that moving upwards as well.

I have had a hard time with food - all the dieting warped my sense of what is good and bad for me and it has been a struggle to add the carbs back in. My first photo of my tat was when I was 129 pds but now I am sitting around 140 and not happy at all. This is a hard limit for me mentally because 140 turns to 150 which turns to becoming fat again. I have brought my calories up to 1900 with a split of 120g protein/60g fats/ 215g carb or there abouts. I am not exact as but aim for that every day. If I am short calories it is usually in the carbs because I still have a hard time eating them and especially now creeping up 10 pounds since end of May it is mentally scary to me.

I am also going to find the gym/home life a bit hard to juggle once hockey season starts (Sept for us) as both my kids are in hockey and that will gobble three days a week for practice times so unless Garry (my trainer) is willing to work later in the evenings I am going to have to figure out at a way to push myself either in our home gym or at the gym gym.

I have been diagnosed with FAI in my right hip and have knee issues in both knees (not sure what because as soon as I had the FAI diagnosis my sports med said that was my problem) but have had my reg family doc say it is patella fermoral in the knees. I am on a waiting list to see a surgeon but it is 12-18 months just for the first appt.

Yesterday was a leg/back day:

Squat:
    W/U bar - tried to go as deep as possible and ended up having knee issues - went to leg press

Leg Press:
    90pds x20, 140pds x 20, 180pds x 15, 180pds x 15, 180 pds x 15

Stiff Deads:
    (tried something new with smith machine - not sure if I like but easier on lower back)
    50pds x 12, 90pds x 12, 90pds x 12, 110pds x 12, 110pds x 12

Went back to squat - wide leg stance only going to comfort depth (usually not quite 90 to just past 90 degrees)
    95pds x 12, 95pds x 12, 95pds x 12

Curl Grip Pulldown:
    60pds x 12, 70 pds x 12, 70 pds x 12, 70 pds x 8

Bent over Row:
    (more issues wasn't targeting my lats properly so tried a couple different variations)
    15pds DB x 12, then did 10 pds single handed on cable about 60 times or so by the time we played around with it but no actual count for my traing journal

Food: 117g protein, 68g fat, 162g carb = 1693 cals

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey there - congrats on your overall weight loss and determination. I know exactly what you mean - for me 140 quickly turns to 150 and then I hit the panic button again. I am hoping I can find a good balance for myself to keep that under control and stay in a good comfortable place.

And speaking of balance - I hear you on wondering how balanced you can keep things once the school year starts and kids get their own activities going again. Being a mom is one heck of a job - it's an incredible balancing act to take care of others and take care of yourself.

Good on you for starting a journal - I just did a few days ago and I'm so glad I did. It puts it out there so that whatever I do/eat needs to be honest and it is what it is (good or bad). You've got this!

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks MM.

Disappointed tonite - made my trainer do weights and measurements because I feel fluffy well there was some bad news (one bright spot). I already knew my weight was up but when i started with G I was really low carb/low cal dieting so we added back carbs and we were hoping for around 5 pounds gain or so once my body adjusted to having carbs regularly again.

So I am up 10 pounds since Jun, the only good thing was I have gained 4 pounds of lean body mass but I also have gone up 3% BF. No wonder I am feeling squishy. I guess the good thing is that we know what has happened and we can refocus and I have set a new goal.

My tattoo artist wants to enter my tattoo he has freehanded into a competition that is in mid-oct so my goal is to drop those 10 pounds again by then. G and I don't want to sacrifice the 4 new bodys of LBM so he is going to formulate a diet plan and we will alter the exercises as he sees fit. I trust him - he has put many ladies on stage so this should be childs play for him.

Anyways need to just shake my head and let it go and now move on to work harder.

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Incline Smith Press
    20pds x 20, 30pds x 15, 30 pds x 12, 20 pds x 20

Flat DB Press
    20pds x 12, 15pds x 20, 15pds x 20, 15 pds x 20

Incline Push up on smith
    1 x 20

Smith Press behind Head
    20pds x , 25pds x 15, 20pds x 20

Lateral Raise
    12 x 20, 12 x 20, 12 x 20

Tricep Rope
    20pds x 12, 10pds x 20, 10 pds x 20

Ab twist with ball
    3 x 30

Bar twist
    1 x 30

Food: 90g protein/ 47g fat/ 199 g carb = 1592

May try to get another protein shake in but really not feeling it.

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's good that you are working with someone that should be able to help you meet your goals without too much frustrating trial and error. You have the right attitude about taking things for what it is at the moment and moving forward - you're going to make it happen

Alright was a busy weekend again. The joys of life. We had two extra kids all weekend then a baby shower on Sunday. Was super cute my kids were wondering why we were going to see Baby Cohen get bathed!! HAHA love the things kids come up with.

I receieved my new diet from G. It is pretty simple but also really hard in a way. He is basically from my understanding (and I could be wrong) starting a cutting diet to loss these 10 pounds but not the muscle gained. I am at 1700 cals where he wants 50% to come from protein and 50% to come from energy sources. That's alot of frickin protein - PP is going to become my best friend!

I managed to do a 5k run on Saturday even with our little guests but my mastiff Athena is starting to slow down and isn't a big fan of running with me anymore - that sucks it was nice to have the company but we will see how the rest of the summer/fall goes maybe she is out of shape like me . My ultimate goal is to only do workouts 5 days a week (weights 2 to 3 days and cardio on off days) since I would like to have my downtime on weekends and maybe do a run or just somehting I would like to do but not forced exercise. This weekend we are free camping and quading so that gets rid of those two days in a hurry.

Yesterday I did HIIT for 25 min on the treadmill since I couldn't get out of the house - felt good but I think I need to tighten the belt on my treadmill or something it was slipping a bit when I was landing which made me feel unstable.

Food: 192g protein, 135g carb, 38g fat = 1706 cal.

So yesterday was a bit of a crapshoot - ended up messing my calories/macros up by getting into the nuts. I mindlessly ate 3/4 of a cup before I even realized what I was doing.

It was another cardio day yesterday so I did a 6km run with Athena again this time she picked up her pace a bit so that was good as I didn't feel like I was draggin her behind me. Then took both Athena and Diesel (american bulldog) for a walk in the field so he could get out too. He has bad hips so no running for him. Not much to report other than I didn't really want to run last night but thankfully my hubby got me out and made me do it. Accountability does wonders and he fixed the treadmill belt so that will become a safe option again.

Food: 176g P, 108g C, 80g F = 1783 cals
    Weight: 138.2 (down from 142 on Monday)

I think those macros look good! You have plenty of protein and who cares that you were a little higher than usual on fats - you hit what you needed and just chose to get more of your daily cals from fats than carbs. And for some mindless eating you were still pretty much on track with the total cals so I say job well done!

I love that you can run with your dog - I used to do 2 miles solo and then 2 miles with my pit/lab mix every day while he was younger - then he started getting hip problems and I could only take him for walks under a mile. He was a good running buddy while it lasted. Now that he has passed we have a boxer - she is less than a year old though and the hubs won't let me run with her until she hits a year. I think she'll be a great short distance running buddy so I'm excited to get her out next spring!

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    Food: 176g P, 108g C, 80g F = 1783 cals
    Weight: 138.2 (down from 142 on Monday)
    Wow that is a sizeable weight change. I know some folks do experience fluctuations like that - are you used to that size of swing? Or do you think you were holding a lot of water on Monday?

Just interested - we each know our own body best. I am used to really flat movement on my scale but have intentionally been uping the cals in the last two months - have seen a four pound move in total but very slow, and I am pleased with that.

Welcome to the boards - cheering you on - cool re: tattoo going in a competition - that is a good motivator!

Have a great day

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

I would say I was holding some water on Monday as we had a snack night on sunday so probably a change of 2 pounds so far this week. It is hard to say my body is horrible at swinging violently up and down that is why these 10 pounds got away from me cause it swung up a few times without the down.

I had low carbed for so long that in June the gains were mostly just from adding carbs back into the mix and my PT told me to expect weight gain - he figures I may have made myself carb sensitive. It does affect me mentally and 140 is a number I don't ever want to see again unless it is all muscle LOL. This is why the diet change but still making sure I am having carbs so that I don't react so badly when I move back to different macros. I am not changing my weight on my profile until it stablizes cause I am sure I will see an up swing too (what comes up must come down and vice versa) and trying to see on a week by week or month by month average change.

My life goal is to be able to eat sensible without having to count every calorie that enters my mouth - I don't want my kids to have any body image problems because of their mom's neurosis. I have already caught my son (who is almost 7) telling my daughter that she will get fat if she eats that! I keep trying to say that everything in moderation - yes you can have mcD's but not every night, etc. It is a tough balance.

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    I think those macros look good! You have plenty of protein and who cares that you were a little higher than usual on fats - you hit what you needed and just chose to get more of your daily cals from fats than carbs. And for some mindless eating you were still pretty much on track with the total cals so I say job well done!

I love that you can run with your dog - I used to do 2 miles solo and then 2 miles with my pit/lab mix every day while he was younger - then he started getting hip problems and I could only take him for walks under a mile. He was a good running buddy while it lasted. Now that he has passed we have a boxer - she is less than a year old though and the hubs won't let me run with her until she hits a year. I think she'll be a great short distance running buddy so I'm excited to get her out next spring!
    Definately be careful with the boxer and add miles on slowly once you start as you can damage their joints by doing too much too soon but I do enjoy the running partner takes some of the loneliness out of doing it as my hubby and I hardly ever get out together with the kids being so young.

Well yesterday was a good day, I am always happy when it is a lifting day. I am not a big cardio fan but have found that it is something that needs to be done to slim down. Hubby ended up being called out to do a service call so was just me and the kids after supper but everything worked out okay.

I have a hard time seeing progression but know that I am getting stronger but somedays it doesn't feel like it. I am glad I leave it up to Garry to decide on weights/sets etc cause it takes all the thought process out of it for me and I can just focus on lifting.

Yesterday's workout was Legs/Back/Bi

Squat
    95pds x 12, 105pds x 12, 115pds x 12, 125pds x 12, 125pds x 12

Stiff Deads
    95pds x 12, 115pds x 12, 135pds x 12, 95pds x 12

Leg Press (almost forgot to do so slipped three quick sets in)
    90pds x 12, 140pds x 12, 180pds x 12

Curl Grip Pulldown
    60pds x 12, 70pds x 12, 80 pds x 8, 60pds x 12

Bent DB Row
    25pds x 12/12 x 3 sets

EZ Curl
    30pds x 12, 30pds x 12, 30pds x 12

Calf Raises (did it at home on stairs)
    1 x 100

Food: 157g P, 148g C, 60g F = 1827cals

Calories were a bit high but slipped a protein shake in at end of day to up the protein macro so jumped over my 1700 but that is fine.

Weight: 138.8

Nice work DM! I'd love to get my squat and DL volume up to where you are - hoping to get there in another couple of months. Looking strong!

Totally forgot my journal for my workout yesterday so we just wung it. G wants to move to a three day split so we will do it the first week of Sept. I will do two weeks of working with him three days and then the kids hockey starts so I am not sure how I am going to fit things in. We have a home gym in the basement (Powertec) and it is pretty good but I just don't have the mojo to do it usually if I have to come home make supper, eat etc that I have no desire to work out after and I am horrible about getting up earlier so I guess I am going to have to figure something out come mid Sept, Oct or I will be putting myself on the back burner again and that isn't an option anymore. I need to find that balance that we all strive for but I am giving my hubby priority for the gym time as he wants to try and hit the stage next year and that isn't my goal (however I think G wants to try and make me - he is subtle about it but I think he would like a husband/wife team up there lol) I know he won't force me but he is working me to "peak" around the same time hubby will.

So anyways yesterday we did Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Incline Fly
    17pds x 12, 17pds x 12, 20pds x 12, 20pds x 12

Incline Smith Press - bar plus
    +50pds x 8 x 4sets

Smith Pushup
    1 x 15

Side/Bent/Front Raises (done one after the other)
    8pds x 20, 8pds x 20, 8pds x 20

Bar Pressdown
    30pds x 20, 30pds x 20, 30pds x 15

Food: 185g P, 152g C, 45g F = 1739 Cals

I am a bit frustrated with my scale as we are back to 140.2 pounds but I guess I am down 2 pounds since last monday but not sure how true that weight was in the first place because I think I was retaining some water. oh well, need to focus on staying strong and not sabatoging myself when I see the scale not do its thing. My weekend was good - a bit low on the protein content but not surprised since weekends are always less structured so I find it hard to eat properly. I really enjoyed my cheat meal on Saturday we had chinese which I haven't had in a long time! I started drinking Molson 67's sublimes as they have only 67 cals and only 4grams of carbs no sugars. That way I usually only have 2 anyways it is like only having one Got really frustrated watching football (CFL) so decided I needed a dessert as well which was a couple of chocolate chip cookies - how divine something so simple can be.

Sunday we spent the day quadding in the mountians so my food was off - I was low but really not hungry so decided not to force feed myself and just get back on track today. I did absolutely no working out this weekend (cardio or otherwise) and am feeling a bit guilty about that but I told G that my ultimate plan is only a 5 day/week schedule. Quadding was great - love it so much and the kids have a blast other than when we got lost and took a couple of questionable trails that scared the pants off me but I don't have the option of getting off and walking (like my GF did with her hubby) as I am a driver. We were stuck a bunch of times and got really really muddy. My ideal day.

Friday Food: 1565 cals 122P, 179C, 49F

Saturday Food (guestimate cause of the chinese): 1904Cal 110g P, 143g C, 94g F

Sunday Food: 1339 cals 134g P, 80g C, 51g F

Annoyed with myself today I got cocky last night and ordered the Garlic Chicken Pizza that is on Boston Pizza's healty choice menu - sure it fit into my remaining calories but wayyyyy to many carbs the last few days I need to focus on getting more protein in my body and making sure that I am not just hitting my calorie count by hitting my macro's the way my trainer wants me to.

He is old school in the sense that there weren't all the calorie counting sites that you could use and everything was either a protein calorie or an energy calorie and I am having a hard time making sure I hit my grams of Protein to match the 50% of calories piece as the counters include the carb counts etc that wouldn't have been in the "old school" method.

My goal this week is to be 180-200g of protein daily and the rest will fall out from there - guess I need to buy more PP cause that seems to be my best way of getting protein without the other junk. FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS

I had my daughter's kindergarten orientation last night and that was a happy/sad moment. I am excited they are growing up but now my baby is starting school....weird feelings all around. She is pumped as she has been going to drop her brother and dayhome friends off for the last couple of years so she is ready to join the group. First day for Xavier is tomorrow and Lexi is on Thursday (kindergarten is full days twice per week) so it is an emotional week for mom.

I did get out and do a 5km run with Athena again because my husband made sure he took Diesel while I was out and I would feel guilty if Athena didn't get out so that was good cause the way I am feeling about the lack of movement on the scale is dragging me down. I am a person who needs to see results fast and I am not good at sitting and waiting. Think I will hit the gym and bike today for my cardio for a breakup of routine and see if that helps. My busy time is coming so I want to be more scheduled as hockey practices start Sept 11 and that means it is all about my kids for the next 8 months.

Food: 1548cals 132g P, 193g C, 32g F
    Last edited by DieselsMom; 08-28-2012 at 08:48 AM.

A bit of an emotional day dropping my son off for his first day of Grade 2 and then do it all over again tomorrow for Lexi for her first day of Kindergarten. Hard on mommas but held it together until I started walking away from his classroom and I had a few tears in my eyes. He will be fine - he loves school so I am sure it will be a blast for him to see all his friends again that he hasn't seen all summer as we send the kids to a Catholic school so it isn't in our town.

Last night was a bit of a gong show as my hubby arranged a last minute twilight round of golf - did okay shot at 49 but would have liked to be better. Bought a new driver so just getting used to it and being about to direct it to where I think it should go. Didn't eat a proper supper or snacks either yesterday so the calorie count was low but still tried to make sure I got lots of protein in (took a protein bar for supper on the course and stayed away from the beer).

Food: 1366cals 132g P, 131g C, 41g F
    Weight: 138.6 this morning - not sure if this is because of the lower cals the last couple of days or if it will jump up again.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First day of middle school for our youngest. A mixture of excited and scared!

And we are in the same boat trying to get a good schedule together. Soccer and Cross Country for the kiddos, lifting for me, running for wife, with some cycling/mtn biking, a bit of crossfit and somewhere some yoga for us!
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

Yah BSG - trying to organize around the family life gets harder once winter starts as hockey will be 4 days a week for sure between the two kids and then trying to fit our lives in there.... I guess we will find a way I just know that I will sacrifice my time first which is normal for me but even more important as my hubby does want to try and compete next year so he needs to make sure he is hitting the gym consistantly.

I was big time tummy upset/lightheaded after my lifting session yesterday but figured out when I got home it was because I only had about 500 cals all day to that point so really didn't help things. Wednesdays are meeting days at work and it is hard to find time to fit lunch in let alone a couple of snacks - going to have to bring stuff that is easier to fit in on those days. I still had a good workout and was happy for the most part with my numbers.

Legs/Back
    Leg Press
    90pds x 20, 180pds x 20, 180pds x 20, 180pds x 20, 180pds x 20

Squats
    95pds x 12, 135pds x 12, 135pds x 12

SDL
    95pds x 12, 115pds x 12, 135pds x 12

Leg Press Calf Raises
    90pds x 20, 90pds x 20, 90pds x 20, 90pds x 20

Curl Grip Pulldown
    60pds x 12, 70pds x 12, 70pds x 12, 70pds x 10

Neutral Grip Pulldown
    60pds x 12, 50pds x 10, 40pds x 12 (was really running out of gas)

I still can't get very low in my squats close to 90 but that is it. I have FAI (hip impingment on surgery wait list) and my knees not sure if I should keep pushing to go lower practicing with just bodyweight or not worry about it as I am still getting muscle soreness and muscle failure during lifts. I do a widelegged squat and just feel like everything pinches up tight when I get to around 90 degrees.

Food: 1228 cals 130g P, 129g C, 26g F
    Weight: 137.8 this morning

I have been really low calories without trying to the last three days so not sure if my weight is going to bump up when I get back to 1700. Also have had four servings of home made bean soup in two days which is causing me some tummy issues (TMI) so not feeling 100% today still.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Still trying to get rid of the tummy gurgles - way too much fibre in two short days LOL who woulda known. I do now! Froze the rest of my soup and won't be touching it for a while.

Keep talking about nutrition and how my body is being affected. I am in a rock and a hard place - I want to trim down but since I became so sensitive to carbs I don't want to be carb free/low again and then have a bloat/spike and continue on that yo-yo but I do want to see my body change back to what it was before the squishy. I have been a bad girl before with my dieting plan and have done HCG but also don't regret doing it - that is what got a good chunk of my weight off but need to make sure I am doing things in a healthy manner that can sustained going forward for life and that is the discussion I have with G. What is a "good lifelong" plan? I want results by the tattoo show but don't want a rebound again so not sure what to do. If we are going to change that will be a 60/40 protein/energy food split and I already have a tough time eating that much protein that I average between 2-4 scoops of protein powder to get the numbers up.

Because the tat show is in Oct I don't have a lot of time to nitpick and personalize so do I go for gusto then relearn proper again after slowly adding calories back?? Soo much to figure out and that is just the nutrition side. I want to find a healthy balance where one day I don't have to count every day what I am putting in my mouth I want my kids to understand healthy eating but don't want my daughter to have my nerosis about foods. The only that has probably kept me from having an ED is that I hate puking and like my food...

Chest/Shoulders/Tris

Pushup on Smith machine
    #7 slot 1 x 20, #2 slot 1 x 15, #2 slot 1x 15

Flat DB Press
    20pds x 12, 20pds x 12, 20pds x 8 + 2

Incline Smith Press
    30pds x 10, 30pds x 10, 30pds x 10

Smith Press behind Head
    +10pds x 12, 20pds x 11 + 1, 20pds x 12

1 Arm Lateral Raise
    10pds x 12/12, 16pds x 12/12, 16pds x 12/12

Curl Bar Press down
    30pds x 15, 40pds x 8, 40pds x 8

Ball Crunch
    1 x 20, 1 x 10 (belly issues made this a no-no today)

Food: 1546cals 130g P, 168g C, 42g F
    Fell asleep on the couch before I could have my last PS before bed sure affected my numbers
    Weigh: 138 this morning - steady for a few days I might have to say I have had a some consistancy but will see after the weekend (tonight is probably cheat meal night but not sure yet)

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was big time tummy upset/lightheaded after my lifting session yesterday but figured out when I got home it was because I only had about 500 cals all day to that point so really didn't help things.
    Hey~ Looks like you are getting in some nice lifting - just please watch the lightheadedness. I may not have 1/16th of the experience of some of the ladies around here but have had my fair share of fainting due to low / insufficient food intake (my sister suffers from the same) - you don't want to end up with some of the scars I have

Take care and looking forward to reading about your prep for the tat show (I still think that is so cool )

CC

yah the lightheadedness was not cool and I need to preplan those meeting days to ensure enough food or have a protein shake as I drive home to make sure I have adequate energy for my lifting otherwise kind of a waste of time. My trainer made sure I had a glass of apple juice and made me sit for a bit before we left so that I didn't pass out driving home LOL

Had a great long weekend with lots of things completed. We had our trainer and his wife over for supper on Friday so he could check out our home system and give us some workouts that will revolve around our machine (powertec multi) then Saturday we did some shopping and looked at some smith machines which we are debating switching over to and maybe selling the powertec. Then Sunday we took the kids for 9 holes of golf and watched the football game (CFL) and finally yesterday we had a day of quadding and friends over for supper. I was good all weekend until supper last night and I just could refrain from having a second helping of garlic toast - shot my %'s to **** as I already was high in fat because we did a wiener roast for lunch while quadding in the mountians. I knew I shouldn't and I did. Darn it. Scale reflected my stupidity as I was 137 yesterday and 138.8 today so hoping some is the sodium contents of the food (a couple shots of ACV should help with that) and back on track today.

I always find eating the hardest part of the plan - I can workout easily but making sure I am getting enough protein in the day is hard. I just need to buckle down and do it.

Aug 31
    Food: 1918cals 114g P, 185g C, 56g F - cheat meal

Sept 1
    1756 cals 165g P, 104g C, 62g F

Sept 2
    1762cals 172g P, 125g C, 54g F

Sept 3
    1728cals 124g P, 104g C, 90g F

I did get a 5km run in on Sun and will do some cardio in some shape today either a run with the pooch or maybe will stop at the gym and do something there not sure yet. I need to find a way to get myself moving in the evenings as I find after supper I have no desire to lift/do cardio anything so need to find that right combo that makes sure I get it all done.

I switch to a three day split this week and will be training 3 days with G. Looking forward to the new routine.

Then Sunday we took the kids for 9 holes of golf and watched the football game (CFL)

I always find eating the hardest part of the plan - I can workout easily but making sure I am getting enough protein in the day is hard. I just need to buckle down and do it.
    Hey - I think we another set of kindred spirits - CFL eh? Do you mind me asking where you live in Canada (cool if you don't want to post that) - we live near Hamilton and my hubby is a long time Ticat fan (though in recent years, his support even has me questioning his sanity )

I agree re: diet - I find it the hardest component to manage also - that is why I resorted to planning my meals a day in advance - I can't tell you how many times I 'd reach the end of a day with my protein and (usually) my fats too low - breaking out a chicken breast and avacado at 9pm doesn't make sleeping a pleasure

Take care - looking forward to reading out the new routine.

CC

CC - orginally from Sask so that is who I still cheer for as all Canadians know we bleed green Now live just out side of Calgary so still cheer for the Roughriders and to many of my friends chagrin the Oilers haha

Ya - usually protein powder is my go to cause otherwise I just can't stomach that much meat in a sitting. Seems like such a bad thing when your eating to fill your ratios right before bed lol, goes against all my old principles.

CC - orginally from Sask so that is who I still cheer for as all Canadians know we bleed green Now live just out side of Calgary so still cheer for the Roughriders and to many of my friends chagrin the Oilers haha
    Ahh, Roughrider fans - have partied with many a Roughrider fan at Grey Cups - you guys know how to party! Besides having the most merchandise of any team in the league, you guys bring a crazy number of fans to the games when we host in the Hammer - neat to see a lot of green those days

My bff lives in Calgary but her hubby is an even bigger 'Cats fan than mine - it kills him to go to Stamps games (but that is a great stadium - I went last time I went to see her).

CC

Yah we Rider fans are a bit crazy but lots of fun LOL seems wherever the Riders play the stadium's are half green.

A little pissy this morning as I was perfect yesterday and the scale went up not down - hoping that means if I am good today it will go down extra far. (Who am I kidding) I manange to hit my macros perfectly right down to the evening protein shake but I guess today is another day which is already starting out crappy. Totally forgot my breakfast PS which is my major boost to my days macros as I have two scoops in almond milk or water so usually have 50g under my belt before i drop the kids at daycare. So I hopefully did the next best thing and ordered an egg white breakfast sandwich with my morning coffee to get something into me and I need to really watch my breakdowns as that means my carbs are half way complete with that. Tonite we are suppose to go for suishi with my bro-in-law as he is in town but not sure what food choice I am going to make as I don't like suishi and usually get the terriyaki chicken or beef so I guess if I see if they can stir fry the meat and veggies with no sauce instead....

I am trying a preworkout drink today to see if it helps give me a boost in my lift #'s and energy to see if I can start making some new personal bests. I am not sure if it will do anything for me as I am a caffeine junkie and it is hard to rev up my system.

I did 21 min intervals 1 min spring, 2 min recovery with 4 min warm/up cool down last night for my cardio. I didn't want to do anything but felt guilty as I haven't done any cardio since Sun.

Food: 1663 cals 199g P, 102g C, 51g F
    Weight: 139.2

Alright another day in the books. I managed to hit my macros perfectly again today so that was happy news. I started my new split which when I read it gave my trainer the evil eye so to me that means it is going ot kick my ass. I was good last night as well and had my hubby order me beef terriyaki with no sauce (so really stir fried beef) and managed to fit a small piece of homemade blueberry pie in. (Tiny slice but was worth every bite)

G has decided to change it up a bit and we are doing some endurance work this round so higher reps, 15's, and only 60sec rests between sets. Manage to get through a ton of exercises still in that one hour slot and he wants to me to up my cardio to 6 days a week, 30mins just until my Oct goal to see if we can get the scale moving without changing food too much. I am okay with that but he also knows that I will not commit to this long term just not enough hours in the day.

Chest/Triceps/Abs

Push ups
    2 x 15, 1 x 10 - so proud of myself as I know that this is a huge improvement as I wouldnt have hardly gotten 10 out before

Incline DB Fly
    22pds x 15, 17pds x 15, 17pds x 15

Incline Smith Press
    30pds x 10, 20pds x 15, 20pds x 15

Close Grip Smith Pushup #8 slot
    3 x 15

Overhead DB Extension
    17pds x 15, 22pds x 15, 22pds x 15

Rope Pressdown
    20pds x 15, 16pds x 15, 16pds x 15

Hanging Leg Raise
    2 x 15
    Then did hanging pelvic tilts - felt like engaged abs more 1x 15

Cross Reach Crunch
    3 x 15

Those pushups sure gassed out my muscles to do the rest of my workout but that is okay as I know I am getting stronger now if I could just convince my bottom half to lean out like my top half has it would be game/set/match!

I have my final tattoo appointment booked for next week then I am officially done! The hubby's was finished on Tuesday and between the two of us WAYYYY to much money was spent on ink.

Food: 17532 cals 193g P, 126g C, 54g F
    Weight Today: 138pds

lesliev523 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey great job on the workouts!

I recently started a journal, too.... I am finding that it is helping me.

I am a hockey mom, as well. Although, my son is a bit older. He is 16... he is starting "Pre-season" or developmental league tonight, actually. High school hockey starts in November. He will probably move away next year to play juniors or AAA. His dad lives in Vancouver, so he may go there.... hockey is a crazy life!

Alright another day in the books. I managed to hit my macros perfectly again today so that was happy news.

Those pushups sure gassed out my muscles to do the rest of my workout but that is okay as I know I am getting stronger now if I could just convince my bottom half to lean out like my top half has it would be game/set/match!

I have my final tattoo appointment booked for next week then I am officially done! The hubby's was finished on Tuesday and between the two of us WAYYYY to much money was spent on ink.
    Hiya

Awesome work hitting the macros - and nice workout Sounds like you have a great love/hate relationship w/ G - I miss having someone kicking my ass around the gym. Get a bit tired of having to always give myself the 'speech' - but come the new year, I may say otherwise about ass-kicking

Glad to hear that the tattoo is done - that is probably a welcome relief for you.
    CC

LL523 - Thanks the journalling really helps keep me in line accoutability is key. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to drive themselves to hockey lol, right now it is looking like 4-5 days a week once it all starts up.

CC - thanks. I do have love/hate relationship with G - he pushes me way past my comfort zone and makes me do things and weights that I would never attempt on my own. I know I should ween myself from him but do enjoy getting my ass handed to me a couple times a week. Sometimes the trainer figuring it all out is worth the $$, less time to think about it and doubt yourself. I would have never attempted to do that many pushups on my own.

Hey DM - looks like you are getting some great workouts in! And I know you had some disappointing days in there with the scale but it looks like a downward trend from what I saw - that is awesome. I'm super jealous!

How are you doing with school starting and working with a somewhat new schedule? I feel like it is going to actually be easier for me to get to the gym than it has been over the summer now that my daughter is in Kindergarten and my little guy is back in pre-school 2x a week.

Keep up the great work!!