ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50)

UK Personal Trainers...

What qualifications do I need to have to get me started in the health and fitness industry. I'm looking to become a fully qualified personal trainer, with the hope of eventually being freelance - am I correct in thinking I need to do a Level 2 in Gym Instructing and then a Level 3 in personal training?

If this is the case, does it matter where I get these qualifications whether it be a course like YMCA or just a local college? I live in London and have a college local to me that are offering a course in 'Fitness Instruction Level 2 Certificate' and then offer 'Certificate in Personal Training Level 3' so would I receive the necessary qualifications if I went for that?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ovahdryve; 08-15-2012 at 10:53 AM.

ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50) ovahdryve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Bump

ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes most places look for reps level 2 for fitness instructor and level 3 for personal training. I don't know of any colleges that do it but if you have found one that is reps registered then go for it. Just remember a lot of the time, and obviously depending who is doing the course many reps courses are limited but a necessity to get into most gym possiitions in the first place. So use these as base qualifications and then look to get further qualifications.
    10% MYPROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: 007PT56

Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear is an illusion of the mind!

**workout log**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153595921&p=1062447931#post1062447931

RickyIB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi mate have a look at the PT academy. They r the cheapest around. U can get deals that have enhanced CPD courses on there as well. Good luck with ur future

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ovahdryve View Post
    What qualifications do I need to have to get me started in the health and fitness industry. I'm looking to become a fully qualified personal trainer, with the hope of eventually being freelance - am I correct in thinking I need to do a Level 2 in Gym Instructing and then a Level 3 in personal training?

If this is the case, does it matter where I get these qualifications whether it be a course like YMCA or just a local college? I live in London and have a college local to me that are offering a course in 'Fitness Instruction Level 2 Certificate' and then offer 'Certificate in Personal Training Level 3' so would I receive the necessary qualifications if I went for that?

Thanks in advance.
    Pretty much I'd check that the courses your college are offering are recognised by REPS. There are a few different bodies around offering you these qualifacations like YMCA, Active IQ etc.

Thanks a lot guys for your help.

Are all Level 2 Fitness Instructor courses and Level 3 Person Trainer courses approved by REPS? Or are there some that aren't? Why is a course recognised REPS so important?

RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10) RevolutionFF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I should hope that all Level 2 F.I's and Level 3 PT's are REPS accredited.

They will say REPs accredited and have the REPs logo if they are. If unsure ring REPs themselves to be 100%.

The REPs course will set you up for the basics to become a decent personal trainer. A lot of reading, training and personal experience will be required after accreditation to ensure you become a successful PT.
    Tired of boring cardio? Want to add a challenge to your workouts?
    New book available on the Amazon store
    "Cardio Revolution: 54 Fat Loss Finishers - Pack of Cards Workout"

www.revolutionlifestyles.com

Online fitness, nutrition and lifestyle coaching.

Personal training - Wimbledon, SW19.

Fat Loss | Strength Training

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RevolutionFF View Post
    I should hope that all Level 2 F.I's and Level 3 PT's are REPS accredited.

They will say REPs accredited and have the REPs logo if they are. If unsure ring REPs themselves to be 100%.

The REPs course will set you up for the basics to become a decent personal trainer. A lot of reading, training and personal experience will be required after accreditation to ensure you become a successful PT.
    ^^Agree with this^^

The one thing I would say is that there are courses & companies that give you your qualifications but thats about it. There are some very poor PT's around unfortunately and I hate to call them colleagues.

I completely agree that it's the individuals responsibility to become a really good trainer, through lots of reading (we never stop learning), practice and learning from our mistakes(we all make them from time to time.

ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ice_man89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by keys_10 View Post
    ^^Agree with this^^

The one thing I would say is that there are courses & companies that give you your qualifications but thats about it. There are some very poor PT's around unfortunately and I hate to call them colleagues.

I completely agree that it's the individuals responsibility to become a really good trainer, through lots of reading (we never stop learning), practice and learning from our mistakes(we all make them from time to time.
    Well said. I know of far too many people that have somehow become reps registered with very little knowledge and then suddenly think they know it all and stop learning. No one knows everything about everything so the more reading from a wide range of sources and practical workshops the better.
    10% MYPROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: 007PT56

Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear is an illusion of the mind!

**workout log**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153595921&p=1062447931#post1062447931

RickyIB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All the info above is spot on.

The practical side of the course as u would expect is relatively simple.
    The theory side on the other hand needs u to b able absorb the info.

Pt academy r quite good and relatively cheap compared to some that r really expensive and yet offer the same end product.
    When I took my course I got level 2 gym, level 3 pt plus enhanced CPD's in kettlebells, functional trainer, business plan and circuit training all for £1495. They have different offers all the time. Not so long ago they were offering all mine plus level 4 plus boxing for the same price. For u this would b ideal as the cost is low. It's run thru active IQ and they r reps accredited.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Check out http://www.fited.co.uk for online fitness education and training, topped up with practical and lecture days.

They are competitively priced and the teaching is excellent

They offer both L2 and L3 courses which are REPS accredited.

(I have no commercial connection)
    because fitness isn't coincidence