kgecko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Broken, but motivated to do more

I'm 40 y.o. a triathlete, a cyclist, martial artist, ocr racer, and fitness enthusiast. Or at least I would be if I wasn't broken and in the habit of laziness. Back story: I have done triathlons for 6 years, ranging from super sprints to my attempt at a 70.3 last month (more on that later); in that time frame, I also have been doing obstacle races, including the three Spartan distances, and several others. I completed a marathon two years ago, and have been working out inconsistently for a long time.
    This year I was doing several triathlons and noticed a bit of knee pain during the run and occasionally while biking. When I took part in a half ironman in July, I made it 47 miles through the bike leg before I had to drop because my knee was over it. The next week I visited my doc and was told no more running or biking until further notice. I'm currently getting p.t. and have an MRI and orthopedic doc appointment later this month. So I'll see what happens then...
    Oh yeah, I'm NOT skinny. I am 5'4", around 194 lbs, with 30+% body fat. That being said, I'm not a weakling. I put muscle and hold it fairly well, in fact, I believe that if I really stuck to weight training, there would be significant improvement in a fairly quick fashion.
    The main issue is that I get super hyped about a workout plan, do it for a day or two, and then find excuses to not continue it. I'm kind of sick of doing that.
    I'm starting yet another round of training, and since I cant run or bike, I really have no excuse. Of course, I do have to be careful about how my knee is used, but beyond that, there is no reason to fail!
    I began the New Rules of Lifting For Women:Strong program today. I admit, the workouts seem a little less than what I would really consider for muscle building, but then again, I am not doing anything else!
    I will also include swimming on my recovery days, to add a bit of a cardio recovery.
    My food intake is being recorded on My Fitness Pal, and while I tend to eat decently healthy, i do need to tighten it up. Either way, I am aiming for just two weeks of sticking to my workouts--if I can do that timeframe, I can totally stick to it!
    Today's workout:

A warm up including various stretches, side lunges, hip raises, body weight squats, and resistance band side shuffles

Plank: 2 sets, 1 minute each; superset with
    Bird dog: 4 sets, 15 seconds each

Goblet Squat: 2 sets, 12 reps (15lbs); superset with
    3 point Dumbbell Row: 2 sets, 12 reps (15 lbs) each side

Push ups: 2 sets 12 reps; superset with
    Step ups: 2 sets 12 reps (30 lbs) each side

It's a start....
    What is the one thing I can change?
    Myself.

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    welcome, great start keep it up you can definitely stick to it!
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

kgecko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wasn't too thrilled with doing the NROLW Strong program, it just didn't feel right. Today I began the All-Pro workout found on this site. I liked it. I know I'm gonna feel it tomorrow, but it's worth it.
    Squats
    Chest Press
    Bent Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

Good stuff. I feel that this program fits.
    What is the one thing I can change?
    Myself.