sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sivethan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working chest and back together?

I was wondering if chest and back go good together in a workout split. For the past 4 years my routine was chest and tris, back and bi's, legs, then shoulders now im thinking of changing my routine to work opposing muscles:
    Monday: Chest and Back
    Tuesday: Cardio, abs
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Cardio, abs
    Friday: arms and shoulders

Has anyone used a routine similar to this? Would it be a good split or is it overtraining?

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is overtraining?.......

----\

anyhow, yes I do chest and back, twice a week. Has worked fairly well. However if you only work your chest and back once a week, it will be pretty messy IMO as there are many big exercises that need to be performed and it will drain you out quick. Hence why I think a power chest day/ hyperthrophy back and heavy back / hyperthrophy chest is a better alternative.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

Traae has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sivethan View Post
    I was wondering if chest and back go good together in a workout split. For the past 4 years my routine was chest and tris, back and bi's, legs, then shoulders now im thinking of changing my routine to work opposing muscles:
    Monday: Chest and Back
    Tuesday: Cardio, abs
    Wednesday: Legs
    Thursday: Cardio, abs
    Friday: arms and shoulders

Has anyone used a routine similar to this? Would it be a good split or is it overtraining?
    My split is some what similar,
    Mon:chest and back
    Tue: legs and abs
    Wed: arms and shoulders
    Thurs:chest and back
    Friday: legs

Everything relatively gets worked twice, you just need to be able to handle big workouts, other than that, has given great results!