Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OMG..that soup looks amazing..i will be trying this..thank you for posting i am always looking for something new to try..my diet gets so dull after awhile..

Great workout too..95# good morning..girl you are kicking my butt
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi guys!!!

Sorry for being a bit MIA over the weekend. I wrote down my workouts but didn't log in here and then when I had three to put in it seemed like a big ordeal, haha. So I'm just going to say that Saturday I did Horizontal Push/Pull, Sunday we just did some biking outside and Monday I took completely off (got a 90-minute massage)! Yesterday I did Quads & Biceps. Both of them were great workouts. My legs are already feeling sore today.

I haven't had much to do outside of work this week in the evenings, which has been nice. Tonight I'm meeting a friend for coffee and tomorrow night going to an event after work, so I need to figure out how to get some packing done before camping on Friday :/ Also, my workouts will pretty much have to all be in the mornings (yuck!) I'll hit the gym Friday before we go, but take Saturday and Sunday off.

The weather here is HOT and I loooove it! We have such short summers - I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can!

Hope everyone's having a great week so far!

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Strong deadlifting with the DBs! Great looking workout!

Saying hi from the other end of AB!
    Thanks!! Hi to you too! I'm going to check out your journal as well!

Originally Posted by vlazo View Post
    Awesome job with the workout!! Especially with those single-legged deads

Also wow, that dish looks delicious. Never thought of making soup with coconut milk but that must be what makes it look so thick and creamy. Yum!
    Thanks girl! Yes the soup was delicious - you should definitely try it and see if you like it!

Originally Posted by serinebean View Post
    Happy 5 year anniversary! Time flies when you are in love. <3

Standing military presses are tough. I remember hitting a wall for what seemed like years.

Ps. you are not old. Because if you are old, then so am I

Pss. OMG that soup is going down asap. Thank you for sharing. I get in such food ruts..and this is up my ally!
    Awww, haha. Yes it does! You're right, I'm not old, but as you said the other day, I remember when it SEEMED so. old. I find every age is like that - when you get there, you're surprised and how you feel 'unprepared' for that age to arrive.

Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    Thanks for the info on the military press. Will have to look it up! Awesome workout!! I'm hoping to start a bulk in the fall as well. Still not sure tho.

That soup sounds amazing! Will definitely have to try it. Shrimp, spicy and coconut....some of my favorite things Oh and I love your bowl too!
    Thanks! Yes that would be cool if we're both doing a bulk at the same time!! Hehe. Have you given any thought to which program you'd be following?

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    I like the color of your nails!
    [yes, I like spotting the insignificant factors of pictures ]

Soup looks good too - cooler than you made it ..

And agree with Beans .. you are NOT old yet. That would mean the rest of us are up there too .. and, well, no

Happy Monday VB
    Thanks Megs!! That's funny, you're very observant! I don't think I even noticed that!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    OMG..that soup looks amazing..i will be trying this..thank you for posting i am always looking for something new to try..my diet gets so dull after awhile..

Great workout too..95# good morning..girl you are kicking my butt
    Thanks V! Try it and let me know what you think! If you guys want more food ideas, I have lots!! I cook different stuff every single day
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hear you on the wanting to take advantage of the weather! It's been so nice lately it's hard to sit down and log a workout instead of going outside
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vanillabn View Post
    Thanks! Yes that would be cool if we're both doing a bulk at the same time!! Hehe. Have you given any thought to which program you'd be following?
    I'm doing AllPros right now and probably will continue with it for a while. I like the progression of it and that it is a full body workout 3x a week. Most of the time I can get in all 3, but if I can't then I can do 2 heavy days instead of the normal heavy-medium-light. What program are you considering? I still don't know for sure if I will do it. I know that is what I need to do, but the thought still kind of scares me

Glad you are out and enjoying your nice weather. Take it while you can get it!! What are your temps? July is St. Louis is usually miserably hot....like in the 90s-100s. But it has been cooler here lately. We even had our windows open last night because it got down into the upper 50s. I'm loving it for now, but I know it won't last.

Enjoy the rest of your week and have fun camping
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Camping, did I read camping.....have a great time!

This weather rocks, I hate the whiners complaining it is too hot before we know it, it will be winter again.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post

This weather rocks, I hate the whiners complaining it is too hot before we know it, it will be winter again.
    lol This.
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I read "camping" "coffee" and "massage" haha!

I love your work/life balance.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thats as far as I can get - thats bliss right there!
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your strength is really getting up there!!!!

Happy anniversary!

Have fun camping!!!!!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000) vanessa40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Happy Anniversary
    Hope you have a fun time camping...I only camp in hotels
    Daily Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172687201
    Food Journal
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive is Canine

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear you on the wanting to take advantage of the weather! It's been so nice lately it's hard to sit down and log a workout instead of going outside
    I agree!!! It's been SUPER nice. I love it!

Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    I'm doing AllPros right now and probably will continue with it for a while. I like the progression of it and that it is a full body workout 3x a week. Most of the time I can get in all 3, but if I can't then I can do 2 heavy days instead of the normal heavy-medium-light. What program are you considering? I still don't know for sure if I will do it. I know that is what I need to do, but the thought still kind of scares me

Glad you are out and enjoying your nice weather. Take it while you can get it!! What are your temps? July is St. Louis is usually miserably hot....like in the 90s-100s. But it has been cooler here lately. We even had our windows open last night because it got down into the upper 50s. I'm loving it for now, but I know it won't last.

Enjoy the rest of your week and have fun camping
    Awesome! Oh, don't let it scare you! I feel like I'm SO ready now because I held back for so long... same reason as you basically... I was really nervous to do it... but I know it will pay off! So I'm determined this time!

The temps here are like ~32C right now, so maybe for you guys it's not that hot, but it's awesome to us, hahaha....

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post

Agreed! That drives me crazy when people whine about the weather! Yes we love camping... I'll post some pics in here after!

lol This.
    Yup!

I love your work/life balance.
    Aw, thanks Serine! I try!! Yes the massage was heavenly!!

Originally Posted by Megin View Post
    Thats as far as I can get - thats bliss right there!
    Haha, yes yes yes...

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Your strength is really getting up there!!!!

Happy anniversary!

Have fun camping!!!!!
    Thanks so much Lori! Hope you have a great weekend as well!

Originally Posted by vanessa40 View Post
    Happy Anniversary
    Hope you have a fun time camping...I only camp in hotels
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

So I have two workouts to post and then I'm outta here for the weekend!! These were both in the MORNING, which I'm not used to, so I'm lucky I have any recollection of them at all...haha. Vertical Push/Pull on Thursday A.M. and Hamstrings & Triceps this morning. Thursday's workout especially I was in a bit of a daze so I think my strength kind of suffered. Didn't do as well on WG Pullups and I was struggling on some of my usual weights. Oh well. Today went well but I supersetted a couple things because I was rushed for time. I went to a patio party at an art gallery here last night and stayed a bit longer than I planned, so didn't get to bed until pretty late last night :/

This morning I made breakfast with the intention to clean out my fridge before camping, so I had an egg white/shredded turkey/avocado wrap and it was awesome! I think I'll have that in the mornings more often

I had to laugh because among our 'healthier options' of camping food, I have the ingredients for this waffle cone, marshmallow & chocolate s'more concoction that I'm determined to try. Stephen was like, 'Oh, you can TOTALLY fit this in your macros!' It's funny because none of the friends we're going with would have a clue what he's talking about!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll update again on Monday night when I'm back.

----------

Thursday, July 31 - Vertical Push/Pull, Calves & Abs

WG Pullups
    5, 5, 5, 4, 4 <-- What happened to 9?! I don't know.

Lat Pulldowns
    8 x 90#
    8 x 90#
    8 x 80#
    8 x 80#

Standing Military Press
    6 x 30s
    6 x 30s
    6 x 30s
    6 x 30s <-- Def. a struggle on the last set!

Bent Over Rear Delt DB Flies
    6 x 20s
    6 x 20s
    6 x 20s
    6 x 20s

DB Front Raises
    8 x 15s x 4

supersetted w/

DB Lateral Raises
    8 x 15s x 4

DB Calf Raises
    15 x 120#
    15 x 100#
    15 x 100#

Weighted Crunches
    3 x 12 @ 10lbs

-----

Friday, August 1 - Hamstring Dominant, Quad Accessory + Triceps

DB Deadlifts
    8 x 50s
    8 x 50s
    8 x 50s
    8 x 50s

supersetted w/

1-Legged DB Deadlifts
    8 x 40s
    8 x 40s
    8 x 40s
    8 x 40s

OMG this superset was actually brutal... hahaha!!! I was sweating buckets!

Good Mornings
    8 x 95#
    8 x 95#
    8 x 95#
    8 x 95#
    8 x 95# <-- Still loving these. My new fav!

Sumo Squats
    8 x 50#
    8 x 50#
    8 x 50#
    8 x 50#

supersetted w/

Static DB Lunges
    8 per leg x 4 sets w/ 80#

Overhead Tricep Extensions
    6 x 30#
    6 x 30#
    6 x 30#
    6 x 30#

supersetted w/

Bench Dips
    12, 12, 12, 12 @ 20#

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How was the weekend?
    "Choice is ours whether

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Excellent workouts! Hope you had fun camping! I am loving the warm weather too, but dying to wear a pair of jeans lately! lol! Haven't been able to do that in quite some time, or wear socks. It's starting to drive me
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

How was the weekend?
    Hey you!! It was awesome, thanks for asking! I'll probably update on everything once we get back from Kelowna

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Excellent workouts! Hope you had fun camping! I am loving the warm weather too, but dying to wear a pair of jeans lately! lol! Haven't been able to do that in quite some time, or wear socks. It's starting to drive me
    Hi Lori! Thank you! I did have fun, and that's so funny about the jeans! I wear jeans sometimes in the heat anyway

Hola!!

So I thought I'd just update quickly in here even though I only have a day and I'm off again... camping was great. We stayed at an awesome place near the mountains that isn't super tourist-y so it was great to have more space to ourselves... a highlight was spending a HOT afternoon beside a beautiful lake with almost no people! It was sweet...I got a bit of a sunburn but I'm glad we got some good weather.

Tomorrow morning we leave super early for B.C. - we're heading to Kelowna for a few days and then a day trip to Osoyoos, which is a bit further south. I'm really excited...I LOVE roadtrips and I can't wait for beautiful weather, driving and vineyards!

I made a big move at my job today. As some of you know, I work for a very small company - there's just my boss, and I'm the first employee. We have graphic designers and writers as well, but we contract work to them, so they're not considered 'staff'. Well, I told him this morning that I want to be a partner in the company. It's a big decision for him obviously, so it's good that I'm going away for a few days and he'll have some time to think. It's a big decision for me too, but I've been considering this for a while and had more time to weigh all the pros and cons! I'm REALLY ready to take things to the next level and I hope this works out. I've been 'wanting more' for a while so I needed to know if this was a possibility.

I was exhausted yesterday and didn't work out at all... so my last workout was Friday before leaving. I'm going to do upper body tonight and lower body tomorrow before we leave, because I won't be back in the gym until Tuesday. I hate missing so many workouts, but this trip is totally worth it and I think I needed some downtime anyway!

Hope everyone's having a great week so far!!

Bold moves = results. At least you will know where you stand, and go from there. I love it.

Are the places you are traveling to named by natives? Or where did those names come from?

I am glad you had a great camping trip, despite the burn. Carry on and report back when you can.
    "Choice is ours whether

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great job, lady! That's an awesome move on your part and I'm sure it'll pay off I'm glad camping was great and I hope the workouts were good!
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bold moves = results. At least you will know where you stand, and go from there. I love it.

Are the places you are traveling to named by natives? Or where did those names come from?

I am glad you had a great camping trip, despite the burn. Carry on and report back when you can.
    Yep pretty much.

Have fun on your BC trip the weather has been fantastic! I agree bold move = results can't wait to hear what the boss says.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hope you had a great trip! Good job on wanting to take your career to the next level...that's awesome. Excited to hear what your boss has to say. Hope it all works out for you!

I had to miss 6 workouts for vacation too, but like you said, it is worth it for an amazing trip (even though I am super sore today!).
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

Wow that's a huge step for you! I hope it all worked out!

Kelowna is a pretty good hike for you up there ... how long is that??

*Canadian Crew*