Potential123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is this effective workout to get six pack abs?

Including a good diet and cardio, does "8 Min Abs Workout, how to have six pack (HD Version)" on Youtube work? I do it for around ten minutes everyday. Will this be effective way with good cardio and a good diet?

mazzalc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Potential123 View Post
    Including a good diet and cardio, does "8 Min Abs Workout, how to have six pack (HD Version)" on Youtube work? I do it for around ten minutes everyday. Will this be effective way with good cardio and a good diet?
    I didnt look up the youtube vid. But ever see Ab ripper X from p90x? thats a pretty effective way to get abs. Do a lot of crunches, scissors, climb the legs, side planks, mason twists with a medicine ball or just ur hands, do in and outs, bicycles (with legs no machine), wide leg sit ups, crunch frog, pulse ups, oblique sit ups..ect. check it out ab ripper x. hope it helps bro

Originally Posted by mazzalc View Post
    I didnt look up the youtube vid. But ever see Ab ripper X from p90x? thats a pretty effective way to get abs. Do a lot of crunches, scissors, climb the legs, side planks, mason twists with a medicine ball or just ur hands, do in and outs, bicycles (with legs no machine), wide leg sit ups, crunch frog, pulse ups, oblique sit ups..ect. check it out ab ripper x. hope it helps bro
    How long is it and how many times a week should I do it?

RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RussWheeler is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lowering your body fat percentage is how you get abs. You could do a thousand situps a day for 10 years and you still won't see a single ab if you have 20% body fat.

svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) svenolen2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It should be approximately 20 minutes and I think that 2-3 times a week should be enough to train and also give your muscles some rest.

axjv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) axjv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want people to see your abs, you need to eat right. Muscle definition is built in the kitchen. If you don't have abs, cut some fat by eating at a caloric deficit. However, if you don't even have muscle yet, you'll look ridiculous. Get on a weight training program, stop with the bull**** 8 minutes to fitness crap you see advertised on TV. If it was that easy, everyone would look like Arnold. Consistency in training, consistency in diet, consistency in recovery. Do that for a few years and you'll know what to do by then.

RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50) RodSmooth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RussWheeler View Post
    Lowering your body fat percentage is how you get abs. You could do a thousand situps a day for 10 years and you still won't see a single ab if you have 20% body fat.
    This

mazzalc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do it every other day, ex: mon, wed, fri, then rest for sat and sun, than start again.
    you gotta eat right and have low body fat to maximize your abs and work hard bro.

Originally Posted by mazzalc View Post
    Do it every other day, ex: mon, wed, fri, then rest for sat and sun, than start again.
    you gotta eat right and have low body fat to maximize your abs and work hard bro.
    Yeah I have started eating right cause my body fat was a little higher than 20%. I do cardio four days a week roughly 30 minutes.

user1134241 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I have started eating right cause my body fat was a little higher than 20%. I do cardio four days a week roughly 30 minutes.
    In my experience as being a road cyclist for 10 years, you don't start to drop fat until after the hour mark of doing cardio. I've been at 20% bf and 30 mins per day isn't going to cut it (pun intended).
    Do the abs workout, that's great but you'll need at least 1hr cardio be it running, rowing, cycling or swimming per day. Doesn't have to be warp speed high intensity either. In fact I recommend against it for fat loss.

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go down to 10% bf and you'll get your abs.

Originally Posted by MikeKK View Post
    Go down to 10% bf and you'll get your abs.
    I see, does weightlifting burn calories?

thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thomas1977 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my suggestion, do both, weight lifting and cardio for maximum fat burning and a clean diet and you should see some good results.

Registered User Fitnessguru1995's Avatar
    Fitnessguru1995 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly you should focus on building muscle for at least 3 years. Each pound of muscle burns about 50 cals a day. Caloric deficit is the key to getting abs. Building muscle will also make you appear leaner.

iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10) iham32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Or you can do no cardio and just make sure you are at a deficit.

Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000) MikeKK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any activity burns calories, depending how intense it is. Lifting is one of the best ways of doing it as you increase your metabolic rate from exercising and you gain more muscle and muscle burns more energy usually. But diet is your main player here. You need to eat below your TDEE. Also, depends on how you look, if you're skinny then I wouldn't advise cutting as you'll look funny with no fat or muscle. But upto you how you wanna look.

Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000) Kentisc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Eat at a caloric deficit with decent macros and the abs will come

Mightymez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with lots that's been said here. For abs definition it couldn't be more simple; Eat less & move around more.

To digress on this, abs are 70% diet / 30% gym made.

I would suggest having your body fat % measured, and abs tend to appear for most people between 8% to 10% body fat.

The only thing to consider first though is if you are skinny, by this I mean not a lot of lean muscle mass, but currently have a body fat % over 15% it would be sensible to bulk up first and then cut.

It is likely you will increase your base metabolic rate and therefore burn more cals when you start to cut.

Remember though, there is no such thing as spot fat removal, your body decides where the fat is going to come off, so if it's around your belly, cardio everyday for approx 45-60 mins at a heart rate of no more than 160bpm (invest in a heart rate monitor) 140bpm would be ideal.

Circuit training is also a little bit more involved and less mundane than spending 45 mins on a treadmill.

Hope this helps dude! Keep us updated on this thread with some progress pics and routines etc... Good luck!