Thread: Weigh yourself

punchy1420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weigh yourself

Ok what would be the ideal time to weigh urself on a cut, to b as accurate as possible, and to eliminate fluctuating weight I.e, water weight. Once a week same day, as soon as u wake up???? After workout,??? Just curious how everyone else does it so I can b accurate about my weight and adjust my calories properly. Thanks everyone !!!!!
    IF IT AINT HURTIN, U AINT WORKN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vismal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by punchy1420 View Post
    Ok what would be the ideal time to weigh urself on a cut, to b as accurate as possible, and to eliminate fluctuating weight I.e, water weight. Once a week same day, as soon as u wake up???? After workout,??? Just curious how everyone else does it so I can b accurate about my weight and adjust my calories properly. Thanks everyone !!!!!
    I weigh myself immediately upon waking after I pee. Do it a few times a week and take an average.
    -Former 300lb club

My Transformation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEs4py6FUs

My YouTube Page: http://www.youtube.com/feedingfitness

"Obsessed is a term lazy people use to describe the dedicated."

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I weigh myself every day in the morning. I log it and track a trendline.

Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000) Hummina is just really nice. (+1000)
    i weigh myself everyday, right after waking up and going pee pee. as long as i see a downward trend, im happy, but it fluctuates like a mutha!
    February 2009 - 295lbs - never again...
    May 2011 - 202lbs
    June 2011 - 199lbs
    July 2011 - 192lbs
    August 2011 - 190lbs
    September 2011 - 187lbs
    October 2011 - 185lbs

dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dapits is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no right time. The best you can do, as stated above and if you really wanna check your weight everyday, is to weigh yourself at the same time everyday and make an average. If not, weigh yourself once a week at the same time.

adizzle491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adizzle491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can weigh yourself every day if you want to, I do. Once you wake up and pee step on the scale. Over the course of a few weeks you'll start to see how your weight fluctuates day by day. Once you see how your body reacts to your workouts, diet, etc, you can figure out when the 'ideal' time to weigh in is. For me, after about 3 weeks I started noticing that my weight would be at its lowest on Friday and Saturday mornings. This makes sense since it's after a week full of workouts and my water retention is at its lowest by keeping my diet on point.

During the weekend I'll typically eat a little more carbs and/or sodium which I'll definitely notice come Monday morning. Usually on Monday morning I'm a good 4-5 lbs heavier than I was Saturday morning. But by mid-week (again, assuming diet is on point and workouts are consistent) I'm back to my Saturday mark or pretty close to it. Come Saturday morning I've dropped around a pound compared to last Saturday, if not more.

So for me, Saturday mornings are my 'official' weigh ins. I still find there to be value in weighing yourself whenever you want, however, as it simply teaches you how your body fluctuates. Just don't freak out and start changing things up if you see a number you don't expect (unless it stays consistent over a few weeks, then you may have plateaued).

punchy1420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by adizzle491 View Post
    You can weigh yourself every day if you want to, I do. Once you wake up and pee step on the scale. Over the course of a few weeks you'll start to see how your weight fluctuates day by day. Once you see how your body reacts to your workouts, diet, etc, you can figure out when the 'ideal' time to weigh in is. For me, after about 3 weeks I started noticing that my weight would be at its lowest on Friday and Saturday mornings. This makes sense since it's after a week full of workouts and my water retention is at its lowest by keeping my diet on point.

During the weekend I'll typically eat a little more carbs and/or sodium which I'll definitely notice come Monday morning. Usually on Monday morning I'm a good 4-5 lbs heavier than I was Saturday morning. But by mid-week (again, assuming diet is on point and workouts are consistent) I'm back to my Saturday mark or pretty close to it. Come Saturday morning I've dropped around a pound compared to last Saturday, if not more.

So for me, Saturday mornings are my 'official' weigh ins. I still find there to be value in weighing yourself whenever you want, however, as it simply teaches you how your body fluctuates. Just don't freak out and start changing things up if you see a number you don't expect (unless it stays consistent over a few weeks, then you may have plateaued).

Thank you that's the info I was looking for. My weight fluctuates also and I gotta admit it throws me into frustration and I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to determine consistency so I can really monitor my diet. Thanks again
    IF IT AINT HURTIN, U AINT WORKN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!