Thread: Endurox R4

BigRed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Endurox R$

Has any ever tried this? If it does half of what it claims it would be a worthy try. It restores electrolytes, replenishes glycogen stores, has antioxidants, and has BCAA's. Just curious is anyone has tried it and what their success may have been.

Sorry the product is Endurox R4.

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nope, but it sounds promising, ive seen it advertised for years in running magazines and catalogs
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court

apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

Check this out:

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/...ch/endurox.htm

I took Endurox Excel for a couple of months a while ago.. absolutely no results of any kind, I might have been taking sugar pills for all I could tell..

A=

Were you taking Endurox or Endurox R4? The Endurox R4 has the 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio. What the company (and some research) claims to be the optimum post workout combination.

Thanks for the link - I really like the website!

apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apessino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

My bad.. I didn't even realize they were different products.. I was talking about Endurox/Endurox Excel. I read the information about R4 and it looks like it's a completely different thing.

I don't know.. given the ludicrous claims they made for their other products, I would have a hard time trusting any other supplements made by this company, but as far as the info on the site goes, it does seem that R4 is a better post-exercise drink than Gatorade (that's not saying much, of course..). Personally, I'll stick with water, protein and BCAAs.

The Christian Finn site is really good, I agree. It's a pay site (something like 70 bucks a year) even if some sections of it are free. It has been absolutely great for a beginner like me; lots of scientific data, very well presented and made super-easy to follow. Virtually no marketing drivel or supplement voodoo.. I like it a lot.

Sorry I could not help with the Endurox R4.. if you do decide to try it let us know what you think of it!

Cheers,

A-

NamssoB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Endurox R4

Originally Posted by apessino
    Personally, I'll stick with water, protein and BCAAs.

Sorry I could not help with the Endurox R4.. if you do decide to try it let us know what you think of it!

Cheers,

A-
    Keep in mind we all have different goals - I'm a triathlete so my recovery goals are a little different from someone who is doing heavy weights or bodyubuilding (my focus is on electrolyte replacement, aerobic capacity, heart rate, Vo2 max, etc).

I've been using this for about 6 months now, and love it. In fact, I made a total switch to the Endurox products (Excel, R4, and accelerade). I actually found them a little cheaper at a local health store, but then their prices went up and Bodybuilding.com is now where I buy it. My review on R4 follows...

- R4 is the first "true" post-training recovery drink I've used, other than for strength training.

- Great flavor - and it tastes delicious with recommended amount of water (doesn't taste diluted at all). I DO like to mix it with a Minute Maid LIGHT (Raspberry Passion) just to give it extra sweetness because I have a sweet tooth). It mixes well and doesn't glob up at all. Some powders seems "grainy", and this is more powedery.

- Compared to when I wasn't using anything other than more gatorade and a good whey protein, this works better for me. I feel recovered and fresh much sooner than without it. I actually found my heartrate and perceived exertion levels to be lower the following day/morning on days after a hard/race-pace training session.

- The quantity seems to be nice - it lasts a long time, and it's easy to use.

As for Accelerade - love it. I will use this instead of gatorade, however be cautious that many races that supply drinks to athletes during the race DO use gatorade, and it's smart to train with what you use in a race. However, I notice a huge difference...more endurance and less muscle cramping with accelerade than I had with Gatorade.

Bottom line for me - I will keep buying them, and for you they're worth trying.

mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjs78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about endurox plus whey PWO for a bodybuilder?

snotnose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snotnose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snotnose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snotnose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snotnose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Two years ago a friend and I were training for the Texas Trails ultra-marathon. On one of our long runs(18\20 miles) it was really humid even though we started before sunrise. It was particularly gruelling and after the run he whips out this Endurox stuf and says drink this and try not to puke it out, it cost too much. So I say "What's it do?" he says,"Shut-up and drink!" Well I did and I swear by the afternoon I was feeling great. No stiffness, or dehydration. I called my bud and said that that stuff is so good it ought to be illegal! I believe it was just plain Endurox. If you're training for a marathon or some kind of distance event that stuff is gold IMO.

MotoForce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if anyone took Endurox Excel? The only thing thats in it is Ciwujia 1,200 mg extract and alittle VitC and E.
    Has anyone had any benifit from taking Ciwujia?

Seen the article on the top but its alittle outdated now, but anyway just wanted to hear some personal experiences. Thanks.
    Last edited by MotoForce; 02-06-2006 at 06:04 PM.

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    MAN's Body octane is top of the line for endurance/recovery products. Search/Google some reviews and you will see what I mean.
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance

MotoForce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, ive heard alot of great things about it.
    It has alot of L carnitine in it. This seems to really help ALOT with endurance. Or so I read. Ill either buy a bottle of that or Body Octane.

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MotoForce
    Yeah, ive heard alot of great things about it.
    It has alot of L carnitine in it. This seems to really help ALOT with endurance. Or so I read. Ill either buy a bottle of that or Body Octane.
    Also bulk citrulline malate, do some research and you will hear nothing but great things by supplementing with 3-6g 2x per day.
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance