Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keto diets

ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Keto diets

Hi guys,

Tried x amount of pills in the past and some fad diets but all ended up not working.

Just recently back in the gym after a recent bereavement so keen to get back on track.

Has anyone had much success with keto? I think it might be ideal as I'm a complete carb craver.

If you have any useful sites with information please let me know

Cheers
    PSN:RuggerIrish
    Xbox1: RuggerIrish

Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Aggressive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only if you wanna lose a tonne of mass too. Just use a regular cal deficit diet

Also if you're a "carb craver" you'll hate keto anyway
    We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.

~ William Ralph Inge

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had good success with keto but I was morbidly, morbidly obese.

Pick a plan that you'll stick to and any of the major ones will work just fine.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can have great success with keto as you can with a "regular" diet. You won't lose more mass with either as long as you do them correctly. If you crave carbs that much I wouldn't advise trying a keto diet at all, it'll feel like torture. Create a deficit with a regular diet and you'll be golden.

Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post

Why would he lose a ton of mass on keto?

ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ruggerirish is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Doesnt work, doing that right now. Mass doesnt matter.

Originally Posted by MoldyGopher View Post
    I had good success with keto but I was morbidly, morbidly obese.

Pick a plan that you'll stick to and any of the major ones will work just fine.
    I'm not morbid but at least 30-40lbs more than I need to be

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    You can have great success with keto as you can with a "regular" diet. You won't lose more mass with either as long as you do them correctly. If you crave carbs that much I wouldn't advise trying a keto diet at all, it'll feel like torture. Create a deficit with a regular diet and you'll be golden.

Why would he lose a ton of mass on keto?
    Any one in particular you'd recommend or are they all similar? (never looked into them before)

I crave carbs but I'm going to break it. Always been my downfall

Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Faust24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need protien for muscle so that means you need to limit either fat or carbs to lose weight

So if you like carbs limit fat, if you like fat limit carbs. I have lost weight using keto, but I have also lost weight on a low fat diet. The real question is what food would your rather eat.

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ruggerirish View Post
    Any one in particular you'd recommend or are they all similar? (never looked into them before)

I crave carbs but I'm going to break it. Always been my downfall
    It all comes down to how you want to approach it. I wouldn't suggest limiting your carb intake too much if it'll make you crave them all the time, it'll ultimately backfire if you try to do it that way, and dieting doesn't need to be slavery. Ensure you have the appropriate protein and fat intake and fill the majority of your leftover calories with carbs. That should give you room to still have a few treats that in turn will allow you to continue the diet until your desired weight best of luck bro!

Dingodoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys,

Tried x amount of pills in the past and some fad diets but all ended up not working.

Just recently back in the gym after a recent bereavement so keen to get back on track.

Has anyone had much success with keto? I think it might be ideal as I'm a complete carb craver.

If you have any useful sites with information please let me know

Cheers
    I also really like carbs, and while keto worked well for me, it wasn't sustainable long term. I was always craving carbs and eventually would cheat if I was out to dinner or something. I still stay pretty low carb, but eat a banana with my post workout shake. It's a small addition but makes a world of difference for me day to day.

Registered User TheChrisasaurus's Avatar
    TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheChrisasaurus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    its really loose loose alot of the carb food that you will crave like potato chips or fast food are high in fats too so which ever diet you choose you can't eat the junk food too often.

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Doesnt work, doing that right now. Mass doesnt matter.
    If you think you're in a deficit and you're finding it's not working, you just suck at counting calories.

Please never say that mass doesn't matter on this board again.

madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madhattermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dingodoo View Post
    I also really like carbs, and while keto worked well for me, it wasn't sustainable long term. I was always craving carbs and eventually would cheat if I was out to dinner or something. I still stay pretty low carb, but eat a banana with my post workout shake. It's a small addition but makes a world of difference for me day to day.
    Diets don't work long term, period. While some see short term success going on any variety of fad diet, they are not sustainable. If you do something like a low carb diet it will only work short term and you'll be piling the weight back on once you get your goals and relax. Not healthy long term either even if you wanted to maintain that sort of lifestyle forever. You already said you've tried fad diets in the past and they don't work. So don't try another one.

Just learn to eat within your macro nutrients and have a reasonable caloric deficit for 1-2lbs of weight loss a week. You have to want to change and you have to be willing to do things differently then you maybe have ever done them before. Don't try to find a diet or a shortcut, learn how to eat for life.

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    It all comes down to how you want to approach it. I wouldn't suggest limiting your carb intake too much if it'll make you crave them all the time, it'll ultimately backfire if you try to do it that way, and dieting doesn't need to be slavery. Ensure you have the appropriate protein and fat intake and fill the majority of your leftover calories with carbs. That should give you room to still have a few treats that in turn will allow you to continue the diet until your desired weight best of luck bro!
    Thanks

Originally Posted by Dingodoo View Post
    I'm slowly tapering down the carbs I'm eating right now. Mostly just increasing my water intake (currently about 4L)

Originally Posted by TheChrisasaurus View Post
    its really loose loose alot of the carb food that you will crave like potato chips or fast food are high in fats too so which ever diet you choose you can't eat the junk food too often.
    I never crave crisps

Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    If you think you're in a deficit and you're finding it's not working, you just suck at counting calories.

Please never say that mass doesn't matter on this board again.
    GTFO tool

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I find keto works extremely well, but then my diet is mostly meat based, so it is just a more disciplined extension of my bulking diet. Also, by nearly removing carbs you all but elliminate 1/3 of your food options, so easier to keep the calories down.

MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50) MetalBoard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like Keto as well, working for me. There are quite a few keto diets out there, Straight Keto, Cyclical Keto, Targeted Keto, Polumbo (short term), PSMF (short term). I found that keto completely took carb cravings away and helped with energy levels over the day. Carb up are always something nice to look forward to!

Doesn't really matter what diet you choose, got to keep track of what ur eating for anything to work.
    Trust me.....I build race cars for a living
    *Turbo Everything Crew*
    *No FAP*

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ketosis - low-fat, high-protein diets - caused deaths from heart failure because protein from the heart muscle was used for blood sugar.

'nuff said.
    www.grazethesky.com

DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    Ketosis - low-fat, high-protein diets - caused deaths from heart failure because protein from the heart muscle was used for blood sugar.

'nuff said.
    You make that up yourself? Why would it use your heart tissue instead of the high amounts of protein you're ingesting? Use some common ****ing sense. What do you think human beings ate before agriculture hit mankind? What do you think an Eskimos diet is like?

DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DennisR1977 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only if you wanna lose a tonne of mass too.
    Stop spreading bull****.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DennisR1977 View Post
    You make that up yourself? Why would it use your heart tissue instead of the high amounts of protein you're ingesting? Use some common ****ing sense. What do you think human beings ate before agriculture hit mankind? What do you think an Eskimos diet is like?
    I used google.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9350168

Why so harsh on the messenger?
    www.grazethesky.com

Stop spreading bull****.
    A little more reading...

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...97.00187.x/pdf
    www.grazethesky.com

Too many people on these boards jump on the keto bandwagon IMO.

Carbs = source of energy. Why deplete them if you can eat them and still lose fat?

PLUS they taste dam good anyway. Why limit what you can eat?
    www.grazethesky.com

Originally Posted by dom996 View Post
    I find keto works extremely well, but then my diet is mostly meat based, so it is just a more disciplined extension of my bulking diet. Also, by nearly removing carbs you all but elliminate 1/3 of your food options, so easier to keep the calories down.
    Jaysus Dom I sea what ya did thar long time no speak!

I hate "filler" foods, my carbs have always been simple. Bread is gone already, milk is getting there. The whey Im using (PhD Slim) seems to have a fair bit of complex ones but it's just a temp one for now.

Fruit is a major downfall, but I guess I could replace with water?

Originally Posted by MetalBoard View Post
    I like Keto as well, working for me. There are quite a few keto diets out there, Straight Keto, Cyclical Keto, Targeted Keto, Polumbo (short term), PSMF (short term). I found that keto completely took carb cravings away and helped with energy levels over the day. Carb up are always something nice to look forward to!

Doesn't really matter what diet you choose, got to keep track of what ur eating for anything to work.
    Wow man, you're well clued in! Can you link me up with somewhere I can find them online? Food diary is starting this week, need to.

'nuff said.
    I am aware

Too many people on these boards jump on the keto bandwagon IMO.

Carbs = source of energy. Why deplete them if you can eat them and still lose fat?

PLUS they taste dam good anyway. Why limit what you can eat?
    30% + BF disagrees with you lol

dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dom996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Losing mass or even getting heart failure on a keto diet would only occur if you didn't consume enough protein and fat. If you don't then ur doinitrong.

30% + BF disagrees with you lol
    Hey to each their own. I don't care what you personally do.
    Good luck in your fat loss goals.
    www.grazethesky.com

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Such a retarded and misguided argument---we've been eating processed grains for 10,000 or more, years now.

BRB, eating like a monkey because it's "natural."

If you want to do keto, do keto, do not, however, give stupid, yes stupid rationales for it.
    Don't Drink, Don't Smoke, Watdo you do?
    -----CUT STACK---
    GROUND BEEF
    WHITE BREAD
    CHICKEN
    2% MILK
    BROCCOLI
    LOW FAT ICE CREAM
    THOSE YOGURTS WITH THE CANDY THING ON TOP
    SUGAR FREE JELL-O
    FIBER ONE GRANOLA BARS
    APPLES
    ORANGES
    PICKLES
    COFFEE
    MARLBORO 100's
    MORE COFFEE
    ------------------------------

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    theres a keto subforum. go on there.

keto diets don't give you heart attacks. low carb AND low fat is not healthy. you need energy from somewhere. keto is low carb and moderate/high fat any kind of fasting diet borders on a ketogenic diet.

I have never been able to really lose weight on anything other than a straight starvation diet or keto. keto is much more pleasant. I am on one now and already seeing the positive impacts. Its kinda like the whole "no fap" thing. once you eliminate the carbs, after a short period of intense cravings you get over that craving. I used to find myself literally fantasizing about cake, cookies, sugar etc. That all goes away after a little while on keto... i'm personally trying for one final push here to lose the weight and get below 200 lbs by 2013 - using keto from here on out.

I used to be a member of c-k-d.com back when it was in full swing in 2005... unfortunately the low-carb diet/lifestyle has kinda dwindled in recent years.

sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportsguy740 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let me first say I am not one to be giving out advice but I will let you know that IF has taken my cravings for carbs away I do not know how but it works for me. I do a 16-8 (1-9) hour fast. I first started doing keto and it was hell all it did was make me crave carbs even more then ever. Since I started IF a month ago doing only 20-50 a day is nothing to me.
    Last edited by sportsguy740; 08-16-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    6-1: 286.4 | 6-8: xxx | 6-15: xxx | 6-22: xxx | 6-29: xxx | Month Total: xxx

Originally Posted by sportsguy740 View Post
    Let me first say I am not one to be giving out advice but I will let you know that IF has taken my cravings for carbs away I do not know how but it works for me. I do a 16-8 (1-9) hour fast. I first started doing keto and it was hell all it did was make me crave carbs even more then ever. Since I started IF a month ago doing only 20-50 a day is nothing to me.
    Originally Posted by fatinNYC View Post
    theres a keto subforum. go on there.

keto diets don't give you heart attacks. low carb AND low fat is not healthy. you need energy from somewhere. keto is low carb and moderate/high fat any kind of fasting diet borders on a ketogenic diet.

I have never been able to really lose weight on anything other than a straight starvation diet or keto. keto is much more pleasant. I am on one now and already seeing the positive impacts. Its kinda like the whole "no fap" thing. once you eliminate the carbs, after a short period of intense cravings you get over that craving. I used to find myself literally fantasizing about cake, cookies, sugar etc. That all goes away after a little while on keto... i'm personally trying for one final push here to lose the weight and get below 200 lbs by 2013 - using keto from here on out.

I used to be a member of c-k-d.com back when it was in full swing in 2005... unfortunately the low-carb diet/lifestyle has kinda dwindled in recent years.
    Thought about fasting, but to be honest I'd end up like the dudes on the snickers ad lol.

Cheers
    This is such a contradictory statement it kills me!

You crave carbs, but yet want to totally take them out of your diet? See the logic there?

OP; what is your overall goal in doing keto? Maybe I can educate you a little differently and still get you to your goal.

What would you like to accomplish?
    www.grazethesky.com

bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bane349 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a couple of questions for those of you that are more experienced with the cyclical ketogenic diet, and rather than make another thread, hopefully they can be answered here and others will benefit from it as well.

To get a little background out of the way, I started the diet 5 days ago at 217lbs and approximately 15% bodyfat.

My calorie intake has been right at 2750 per day, with 185-195 grams of protein, 200-223 grams of fat, and no more than 15 grams of carbs. (ketostix shows me in ketosis right now, with ketones @ 80mg/dl)

Tomorrow evening I will begin my carb-up period.

The outline I've been using says to keep fat intake during the 'carb fest' below my bodyweight in kg. That would end up being 98 grams of fat... BUT, does that mean I can have 98 grams of fat during the carb fest in addition to the fat I've already taken in before starting to carb up? Or should I keep my total fat intake for the day (including during my carb up period) below 98 grams?

It says to have 2-3 pieces of fruit about 2 hours before my last workout of the week. I usually have 1 or 2 meals before my workouts right now. Would it be foolish for me to skip out on the fat before my workout?

This is what I've got in mind. Around 8-9am I could have chicken and peaches, no fat, hoping the body will be using what I've got on me instead of dietary fat. Then two hours later hit the gym up, afterwards chug protein shake with a lot of carbs, then a few hours later start my carb up. Is this foolish? Someone let me know if this looks okay, or how to fix it if not.

Thanks in advance!
    "The brave man inattentive to his duty, is worth little more to his country than the coward who deserts her in the hour of danger." -President Andrew Jackson

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies" -Dr. Ron Paul

^ If you don't get an answer here, there is a sub-forum for Keto diets. You'll get a more experienced answer in there I'm sure.

here is the link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61
    www.grazethesky.com