Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) britishguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Who to listen to what to listen too, everyone contradicts everything

Hello guys.

Yes you may notice ive joined since 2005, yes you may notice i am the lowest scum of the forums ( red rep line) no idea how, i was in the green once upon a time lol.

But anyway 2005 is when i joined this forum and out of now and then, the time in between as consisted of not much lifting, due to money, life work all that, now im getting into the mix of things agaon, and im buzzing.

This topic isnt about me, but about what i hear around these forums, friends ( bigger then me ) in the gym, magazines, and after all this information is taken in, it all contradicts itself.

For example. 5-10 reps builds size not strength. well i thought you have to gain strength in order to build muscle.. see im confused lol

- protein is more important then calories, but i hear that calories is more important as testosterone is what builds your muscle and the calories are used to help the building process, hence why woman cant build muscle like men.

-only need a gram of protein for every kilo..not pound. protein gets wasted..

-prison guys are jacked out of their minds, they lack nutrients/ protein supplements..BCAAs..creatine..is protein just a money maker

Do you guys see what i mean, its like what do i follow, no one really knows do they

ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000) ajm133 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Follow your heart

mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mrmrbill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hmm ... I haven't had any problem just using the stickies and some common sense. Given the diverse range of opinions on subjects like these, the stickies provide a point of consensus for general knowledge, such as reps, cals and protein. One can then fine-tune that by filtering sensible through sensible points in threads. Oddly enough, the stickies are widely ignored, as if they were only put in these forums to keep threads from rolling up to the top of one's browser and damaging the chrome. They really are more than just electronic padding protection, and would answer most of the points in your post. Surely you've noticed them some time in these past seven years, between now and 2005?

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's because everyone has a different life experience. It's extremely hard to give definitive advice due to people's hormonal states (test levels), external stressors, schedules, underlying medical conditions, things outside of training, etc. But with that said, there are loose general guidelines that "should" work for most people (see stickies). Again, if you have underlying conditions etc they may not be optimal for you.

5-10 reps may build size but not strength for you, but not for me (for me, I have to train different body parts in different rep ranges). Not all dudes in prison are jacked out of their minds, but many times working out is mandatory for a large number of certain inmates (here in california) so certain groups may be less fat. People like Professional Athletes are Athletic because it's their job to be.

My best advice to keep an open mind and do trail and error of nutrition to find what works best for you.
    At the same time find someone (even if youtube videos) with the same or close to your genetic makeup, body frame, age-range, etc as yourself and follow their training routines/methodologies.

In time you should find which strategies are best for you and toss what doesn't. And that will be your truth for nutrition and fitness, not necessarily mine.

Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny2012 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    guys in jail lift every day and dont know what over training is or lifting routines are, so if they want big chest they hit it every day and a few shower rapes later they have huge chest.
    None of this "optimal" rest time and ****, more weight on that bar or i get raped in the shower.
    Last edited by Jonny2012; 08-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    *Check arms in every reflective surface Crew*

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    my comments are in the -----hyphens---- amigo
    Hello guys.

Yes you may notice ive joined since 2005, yes you may notice i am the lowest scum of the forums ( red rep line) no idea how, i was in the green once upon a time lol.
    ----- repped you ----

But anyway 2005 is when i joined this forum and out of now and then, the time in between as consisted of not much lifting, due to money, life work all that, now im getting into the mix of things agaon, and im buzzing.

This topic isnt about me, but about what i hear around these forums, friends ( bigger then me ) in the gym, magazines, and after all this information is taken in, it all contradicts itself.

For example. 5-10 reps builds size not strength. well i thought you have to gain strength in order to build muscle.. see im confused lol
    -------- lower reps= myofibrillar hypertrophy higher reps= sarcoplasmic hypertrophy , two different stresses causing 2 types of hypertrophy...They do start over lapping around 5-8 reps. I'll post a low rep/high myo vs sarco hypertrophy char when I find one in a few minutes and you'll see what I mean-------

protein is more important then calories, but i hear that calories is more important as testosterone is what builds your muscle and the calories are used to help the building process, hence why woman cant build muscle like men.
    -----protein is made of amino acids, they help rebuild muscle... muscles grow by increasing the muscle cells mass and cross section fibers that shorten and lengthen muscles ( eccentric and concentric respectively) the protein is used to cause the muscle to grow when there's a need, like when its used to rebuild a muscle after microtrauma (weightlifting) for example -----

only need a gram of protein for every kilo..not pound. protein gets wasted..
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html
    ------a gram per kilo is definately not enough protein you want 1-2 grams per pound ... If there is any excess it will likely be converted to glucose for energy or peed out.-----

prison guys are jacked out of their minds, they lack nutrients/ protein supplements..BCAAs..creatine..is protein just a money maker
    -----They eat a caloric surplus and get adequate protein in there diet ----
    Do you guys see what i mean, its like what do i follow, no one really knows do they
    ----- I totally agree... its very, VERY tricky to find out the truth----
    once again, My comments are in the hyphens
    Last edited by rancid_theclash; 08-13-2012 at 03:44 PM.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    red/10

THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THElabCHIMP is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your body
    There is no substitute for hard work

Stryckn9ne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stryckn9ne has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ajm133 View Post
    Follow your heart
    lmfao

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by britishguy View Post
    Hello guys.

- protein is more important then calories, but i hear that calories is more important as testosterone is what builds your muscle and the calories are used to help the building process, hence why woman cant build muscle like men.

-prison guys are jacked out of their minds, they lack nutrients/ protein supplements..BCAAs..creatine..is protein just a money maker

The truth is there is more then one correct way to do things. You need to pick a goal and try different methods. It doesn't matter which ones, pick one and stick with it for many moons, if its not working out move on to something else. There is always overlap in training. I don't train for looks but that doesn't mean I don't have a few muscle groups I can be proud of, and its just a happy coincidence for me. 1-20 reps builds size and strength, sometimes its more intelligent to avoid certain rep ranges but usually its good to incorporate most of them.

There will always be debate and flat out arguments over things like protein consumption but if you stick to a set of guidelines and are consistent you will see results. Try to get at least 1g/kg of protein, but more or less isn't the end of the world. You need to eat more total calories to gain size, a decent rule of thumb is the total amount of calories should be around 17x your body weight but if you had access to exercise testing you could have your personal resting metabolic rate ( the rate at which your body burns calories at rest) given to you and have a much more accurate way of knowing just how much you should be eating.

The prison thing is trickier. How long do they get to train, how much were they under eating,training before going to prison,how many calories do prison meals give you over the course of a week, how often do they train and for how long, what other physical labor do they do? These are things i can't personally answer but one thing is for sure, if you go from no training to regular training you get bigger and stronger, regardless of being in prison or not. When I started I was around 5'7" 115 lbs. Within a few months I was close to 130 and not exactly super strong, but people noticed.

The best thing you can do is read the stickies and focus your nutrition and training around people who share similar goals to you. You want to get big and strong? Check the powerliftng/strongman section. Do you want a good looking balanced bodybuilding style physique? Check out several of the natural bodybuilders that post in these forums all the time, I've always been partial to str8flexed and beast. Want to go from couch potato to generally fit? Check out the less then advocated for systems of training like p90x or crossfit. They are not for everyone as the goals are fairly specific but then again powerlifting and bodybuilding aren't for everyone either.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    see 80/20 rule sticky. End of rad thrad
    Stern Crew

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    -prison guys are jacked out of their minds
    O rly? Who told you this?

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rancid_theclash View Post

-------- lower reps= myofibrillar hypertrophy higher reps= sarcoplasmic hypertrophy , two different stresses causing 2 types of hypertrophy...They do start over lapping around 5-8 reps. I'll post a low rep/high myo vs sarco hypertrophy char when I find one in a few minutes and you'll see what I mean-------
    This is a misconception, there is always overlap. You can't simply do 1-3 reps all the time and never have any sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and only doing sets of 15 doesn't mean you will only the reverse. Stress is stress. The factors that are more important when speaking bodybuilding vs strength training is volume frequency rest nutrition and to a lesser extent exercise selection. The brunt of my training is and has been done in the 1-8 rep range, it didn't stop me from going from 115-190 and if it was 90% myofibrillar I would expect to be much stronger then I am.

TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Understand the basic facts written in the stickies.

In terms of the minor details, listen to your body.

Pretty much everything else is either an opinion or a personal experience.
    Tight lower back? Aching knees? Poor hip flexor mobility? Weak glutes?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130876763

-=[Misc Scotch Crew]=-
    ***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    O rly? Who told you this?
    He watches too many TV shows.

CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CountChocula92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

All you need to do is get stronger in that rep range to get bigger.

It's all important for various metabolic processes. You need protein, carbs, and fat. These make up your calories.

Let me ask this, how does one ONLY get a gram of protein per kilo of bodyweight? What kind of diet has this little protein in it?

A gram per pound is a good start. Even that isn't hard at all if you have a shake or two everyday.

Lulz. Not gonna even go there.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's pretty common knowledge that every prisoner gets a 3 month supply of celltech upon entering...

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on how long you've been lifting...but over time you develop an intuition for factual information versus BS.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carjack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rancid_theclash View Post
    This is exactly the kind of "scientific" nonsense that ruins bodybuilding and sets everyone who asks the bodybuilding forums for advice up to fail.

There's no such thing as sarcoplasmic hypertrophy and no clinical evidence for it. The bigger a muscle, the stronger the muscle.

You'll say "oh but what about powerlifters?" But low rep trained powerlifters are only stronger at low rep events where their nervous system is more efficient. They have the same muscles as a bodybuilder trained on sets of 10 and many powerlifters even swear by the 10 rep range.

Sets of 8-12 = strength by building muscle.
    Uber functional heavy powerlifting singles = max out what the muscle can do, plateau in a few months, stay at the same place forever or switch to muscle building.

As to the whole thread:

Bodybuilding is an art. You learn it by trying it out and the fundamentals were already figured out 50 years ago by actual bodybuilders in the gym. A Peary Rader course from the 60s is better direction for a beginner than some nerd who gives fake equations for how much protein you can use or how fast a muscle heals.

You make progress by adding weight or doing more reps and focusing on exercises that can be progressed a long way.
    Squats: go from 65 pounds to 400 pounds for five reps = lots of progress and huge thighs.
    Any leg exercise that can only go from 45 to 150 pounds or less = very limited value.

You only cut by getting in a calorie deficit but not a severe one or you'll lose muscle mass.

You gain weight by eating at a calorie surplus.

You make sure that weight is muscle and not fat by working hard in the gym, eating plenty of protein and getting other nutrients from veggies, fruits, eggs, etc.

You increase your test levels without a needle in your ass by sleeping on time at the same time every night, getting plenty of nutrients, keeping a positive attitude and avoiding stress.

The sets and reps and days of the week in your routine are not the most important things. Stop reading so much, fukkers.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
    Worthless post full of half truths and generalized misunderstanding of other's ideas
    I feel like your post should come with a punchline, but I'm afraid you don't even understand where you went wrong and you aren't telling a joke
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50) Goatny will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    see 80/20 rule sticky. End of rad thrad
    This. Obviously its not the end all be all, otherwise, as others have said, we would all be huge, but i do believe this is a very under applied rule.
    -Chasing The Pump-

Whether you take a doughnut hole as blank space or as an entity unto itself is purely a metaphysical question and does not affect the taste of the doughnut one bit - Murakami

Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Juan_Epstein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
    I feel like your post should come with a punchline, but I'm afraid you don't even understand where you went wrong and you aren't telling a joke

danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50) danamerican will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    who told you a 5-10 rep range doesnt build size. they are reh-tards. the upper end of that rep range is even OPTIMAL for building size.

why are you comparing testosterone to protein to calories? whats better, a tree or a car or a whale? is the world now more of a mystery? you cant just bring up 3 unsimilar things and ask which is more important. protein provide calories and help to rebuild muscle. however, you need other calories as well, like fats and carbs. testosterone is a synthetic or natural hormone that is very powerful and cannot be compared to eating a chicken.

how much more jacked are prison guys than when they got in? do you realize a lack of calories is...what gets people jacked? how many prisons have you been to and where are your statistics from? have you tried to push up and pull ups and sit ups and lifting an hour per day? on a calorie deficit diet? youd be jacked too.

what are your contradictory points, and i will try to answer them as best i can.
    B/S/D
    390/575/660
    The challenge is the diet. The lifting is all done in your head. Physically resist temptation; mentally, don't let yourself fail.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Juan_Epstein View Post
    I would like a magic bowl of food that never ran out so I could eat this way.

srs.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by danamerican View Post
    whats better, a tree or a car or a whale?
    A car because you can have sex in it.

Registered User StrengthTrainin's Avatar
    StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50) StrengthTrainin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    But how epic would it be to have sex ON a whale?
    ++ Positive Crew ++

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147026893

I rep back.

Spoken like someone that has never had sex in a whale.

Originally Posted by StrengthTrainin View Post
    But how epic would it be to have sex ON a whale?
    I'd love that, mainly because I'd have to restrain the woman so she doesn't fall off.

Originally Posted by CookAndrewB
    Spoken like someone that has never had sex in a whale.
    How hot was it inside? Did your partner thank you and tell you it was the best date she'd ever been on?

How hot was it inside? Did your partner thank you and tell you it was the best date she'd ever been on?
    I'm not one to kiss and tell, but...

proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000) proti3n is a complete loser! (-2000)
    everone is different and different things work for different people the only thing you can do is change it up and see what works for you. the internet is full and overloaded with b.s info and broscience