Thread: 5x5 Workout

RenegadeJT has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

5x5 Workout

I have been doing a 5x5 workout where i do deadlift, incline BP and seated rows one day & i do back squat, bench press, pull ups another day for a total of three workouts a week where i alternate each workout day. I heard these workout were suppose to make me stronger but i want to stay lean and get my abs to show. Is this the right plan for me? and when doing this plan am i suppose to bulk up and eat a lot and not worry about my diet?

Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000) Alyion is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on goals really.

What is your height/weight and basic strength level?

ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ktj4l is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It can work, but you need to add weight to the bar regularly obviously. You might also want to look into something like Reg Park's 5x5 for beginners. Read the nutrition forum sticky threads for solid diet advice. Good luck.
    Lifting Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147159883

Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bodyflip has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ktj4l View Post
    It can work, but you need to add weight to the bar regularly obviously. You might also want to look into something like Reg Park's 5x5 for beginners. Read the nutrition forum sticky threads for solid diet advice. Good luck.
    You need to add weight to the bar like Ktj4l said.

You want to get lean and show abs well that is diet combined with a weight lifting program and some cardio. So you'll need to diet and do cardio as well. Also if you have no muscle and are jsut starting leaning out isn't going to be that ideal build up a little size otherwise you'll just look like a lanky guy with no muscle and abs

Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frankiestein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not a good training routine for getting cut. The goal is to eat a lot and put on mass so you can develop size and strength. If you are watching your weight, find a different routine.

My personal recommendation. Run the SL 5x5 routine like you are doing for 3-4 months and get your size/ strength.

Then switch to a different routine for 2 month that breaks down into working 1 major muscle paired with a minor muscle/ per day and includes a bigger assortment of isolation movements. Keep the main compound corelift for your major muscle.

Good luck.