Closed Thread
Page 1 of 276 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Post Body fat estimate thread (here only)

Please post your height, weight and any other pertinent measurements that you can (but not required) for a more accurate guess.

Posting your pictures inside of the thread rather then telling someone to "look at my avi" makes it a lot easier for those of us who are trying to estimate.

For a really fair assessment, I would suggest you post a pic from the front, back and side UNFLEXED.

Thanks.
    Last edited by krete77; 08-13-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    www.grazethesky.com

shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Height: 156cm
    Weight: 51kg / 112lbs
    Waist: 29-30in
    Abdomen / Naval circ: UMS.

What measurements do you want? Waist, abdomen?

OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    18-19%. It becomes much easier to estimate when pics of back are posted in addition.

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OneTo7 View Post
    18-19%. It becomes much easier to estimate when pics of back are posted in addition.
    For Sham: I agree that is where you are. There is no muscle definition showing.

shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamilcub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Trying to get the back pic is getting annoying, I tried for half an hour this morning. Might need someone to help.

Originally Posted by ScaleAndSteel View Post
    For Sham: I agree that is where you are. There is no muscle definition showing.
    ok - here's one thing, I think my BF% has stalled then, because it was 18.5% in June, but I've continued to lose weight. Maybe it's just not showing yet. I do need to build more muscle mass though

ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScaleAndSteel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shamilcub View Post
    Trying to get the back pic is getting annoying, I tried for half an hour this morning. Might need someone to help.

ok - here's one thing, I think my BF% has stalled then, because it was 18.5% in June, but I've continued to lose weight. Maybe it's just not showing yet. I do need to build more muscle mass though
    BF% estimations are almost always based on muscle definition. That is why it is always skewed higher for people who don't have any muscle to show. That also leads to people cutting into "way to skinny" zone, not understanding why they still have manboobs or a pot-gut and posting in here. You have to build some muscle to cut too.

A common thought here is to cut into single BF% digits then bulk. I am not saying it is right or wrong. The problem I have with it is though you are always mentally not feeling good about yourself because you can cut until you fall over dead and without muscle definition...you will just keep looking skinnier-fat.

Edit: to me you look like an average weight-healthy person. That is usually around 18% hence my agreement.

OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OneTo7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by shamilcub View Post
    ok just one semi-fact, if your back waist roll is wider than your broadest back muscle so there can be even 20%+ bf as practice shows.

Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Height:6'0
    Weight: 190 (down from 250)

One from the front and two flexing from the side
    Attached Images

Odeh, the waist is annoying isn't? 17% BF, many of which upon the waist...

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Odeh View Post
    Height:6'0
    Weight: 190 (down from 250)

One from the front and two flexing from the side
    ~17-19%..
    www.grazethesky.com

BF% estimations are almost always based on muscle definition. That is why it is always skewed higher for people who don't have any muscle to show. That also leads to people cutting into "way to skinny" zone, not understanding why they still have manboobs or a pot-gut and posting in here. You have to build some muscle to cut too.

A common thought here is to cut into single BF% digits then bulk. I am not saying it is right or wrong. The problem I have with it is though you are always mentally not feeling good about yourself because you can cut until you fall over dead and without muscle definition...you will just keep looking skinnier-fat.

Edit: to me you look like an average weight-healthy person. That is usually around 18% hence my agreement.
    I really need to build better muscle mass then. And yes, I was going to cut until I was at an acceptable region, around 12%, but reading this again, I missed the fundamental point - it's based on muscle definition.

I could be healthy, my BMI is healthy, but I ignore that.

ok just one semi-fact, if your back waist roll is wider than your broadest back muscle so there can be even 20%+ bf as practice shows.
    I don't think it is wider, but when I'm finally able to take pics :P

Odeh, you look handsome.

Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odeh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Odeh, the waist is annoying isn't? 17% BF, many of which upon the waist...
    Yes it does, I've been cutting for a long time (15 months) I've been stick at 190 for a good while and I just want to bulk now

Originally Posted by Odeh View Post
    Yes it does, I've been cutting for a long time (15 months) I've been stick at 190 for a good while and I just want to bulk now
    I am not saying it's bad idea the bulking you're planning but the problem with your waist still isn't solved. So your bulking may turn out to aggravation all the more after so long and crushing fat diet. The usual reaction in that case is like a bomb puffing waist and hips off. You got quite enough real muscles under skin so you are absolutely able to accomplish with cutting to 8-9% left. Just a little advice cause you really can fulfil it
    PS you said the progress stalled so 2 week bulking gradually adding carbs and cut again, if stalls - take a refeed day and burn it through. There's no more than 5 weeks left to 9% anyhow
    Last edited by OneTo7; 08-13-2012 at 09:15 AM.

dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weight:182.2 height:5'9 waist:31
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by dominicanx View Post
    weight:182.2 height:5'9 waist:31
    Well done mate.

When it gets lower I start to get iffy..but from different angles it can vary a little bit it seems..

Gonna put you in the ball park of: ~10.5-13.5%
    www.grazethesky.com

dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dominicanx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    Well done mate.

When it gets lower I start to get iffy..but from different angles it can vary a little bit it seems..

Gonna put you in the ball park of: ~10.5-13.5%
    Thx bro Repped. Im trying to Get to 8% this time around 13.5%seems reasonable enough give or take anyone else feel free to estimate

theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10) theassman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mind if I get an estimate?

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 152
    Waist: 29-30"
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by theassman View Post
    Mind if I get an estimate?

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 152
    Waist: 29-30"
    11%. (I would be more inclined to go towards 10 then I would to go higher than 11)

Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been lurking around for awhile and decided to sign up and create a bodyspace. During the creation of my account it asked for weight along with bodyfat percentage. I have no clue since I have never had it measured. I judged off the pictures and I am guessing I am between 25-30%.

I am hoping someone here can give me a better estimate.
    My waist and hips are about 38"
    My arms (biceps) are about 13"
    my thighs are about 24"

and here are pics of the front, side, and back, please don't laugh at my pudgeyness. I have never done weight training and only did one season of cross country running in high school and some assorted little league sports. I am now 25 and have been fairly inactive since I was 17 and have been vegetarian (but a junkfood one)..

My goal is to turn things around and get in the shape I want to be in by doing it right, no cheating, no shortcuts, just good old fashioned hard work, diet, and exercise.

Thank you everyone. I have read a lot of great advice in the various stickies and I love the motivation here.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Etharian View Post
    I've been lurking around for awhile and decided to sign up and create a bodyspace. During the creation of my account it asked for weight along with bodyfat percentage. I have no clue since I have never had it measured. I judged off the pictures and I am guessing I am between 25-30%.

I am hoping someone here can give me a better estimate.
    My waist and hips are about 38"
    My arms (biceps) are about 13"
    my thighs are about 24"

and here are pics of the front, side, and back, please don't laugh at my pudgeyness. I have never done weight training and only did one season of cross country running in high school and some assorted little league sports. I am now 25 and have been fairly inactive since I was 17 and have been vegetarian (but a junkfood one)..

My goal is to turn things around and get in the shape I want to be in by doing it right, no cheating, no shortcuts, just good old fashioned hard work, diet, and exercise.

Thank you everyone. I have read a lot of great advice in the various stickies and I love the motivation here.
    You're not to bad off man. A BMI number isn't perfect but you are just into the overweight catagory. Not that bad. You are fat sure but not really really fat. If you had muscle mass you wouldn't be in to bad of shape.

Plan a cut to get rid of the extra fat you got. I have no idea...I would guess like 20ish pounds? Hard to say. You will eventually look skinny fat and have either man boobs or a skinny fat gut and feel compelled to post, "why do I have moobs and/or gut" and we will tell you it is because you don't have muscle definition. So when your done with your cut, bulk for muscle mass. It helps to be lifting right through your cut too.

BF% is about 25% give or take. Your not to bad. You are fat like alot of people are fat. Now do something about it.

Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Etharian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're not to bad off man. A BMI number isn't perfect but you are just into the overweight catagory. Not that bad. You are fat sure but not really really fat. If you had muscle mass you wouldn't be in to bad of shape.

Plan a cut to get rid of the extra fat you got. I have no idea...I would guess like 20ish pounds? Hard to say. You will eventually look skinny fat and have either man boobs or a skinny fat gut and feel compelled to post, "why do I have moobs and/or gut" and we will tell you it is because you don't have muscle definition. So when your done with your cut, bulk for muscle mass. It helps to be lifting right through your cut too.

BF% is about 25% give or take. Your not to bad. You are fat like alot of people are fat. Now do something about it.
    Thanks for the feedback. I was up to 205 a few months ago and have been doing most cardio and restricting calories and I am down to 185 now. I started lifting about 3 times a week a few weeks ago. I am not that strong, but I figure lifting through this cut can only help things, and better to go slow than try to overdo it with the weights.

Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jason155 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the feedback. I was up to 205 a few months ago and have been doing most cardio and restricting calories and I am down to 185 now. I started lifting about 3 times a week a few weeks ago. I am not that strong, but I figure lifting through this cut can only help things, and better to go slow than try to overdo it with the weights.
    Yeah going slow at the start with the weights is most likely the best idea.

Congrats on the weight loss though - just stick to your cardio and diet plan!

RunKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Really afraid to post this here. I hope that my own estimation of my body fat isn't too far off. Guess better late than never though...

Thanks for this thread. :]

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 168 (220-->168)
    Waist: 30'

I took a couple different poses, but I couldn't get the back since I have no help. Hopefully I can still get a somewhat good estimation....

All current pics. I took them all this morning and did the measurements Saturday.

Excuse the love handles. They just don't want to go away.
    Attached Images

ZezimaMirin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haven't lifted in 5 weeks, dislocated my shoulder so still recovering,
    wondering what bf% im at, im thinking around 13%
    thoughts?
    im 5'11 and 160lbs

all unflexed..
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ZezimaMirin; 08-14-2012 at 03:19 AM.

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 133

Photo 1 has my stomach flexed, I couldn't find a decent non-flexed photo. But relaxed in photos 2 and 3.

Thanks guys!!
    Attached Images
    If you change nothing, nothing will change.

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153752941

www.rachelelizabethknits.com

My goal is to turn things around and get in the shape I want to be in by doing it right, no cheating, no shortcuts, just good old fashioned hard work, diet, and exercise. Thank you everyone. I have read a lot of great advice in the various stickies and I love the motivation here.
    ~25+%...

Originally Posted by RunKing View Post
    Really afraid to post this here. I hope that my own estimation of my body fat isn't too far off. Guess better late than ever though...Thanks for this thread. :] Age: 17 Height: 5'9 Weight: 168 (220-->168) Waist: 30'
    I took a couple different poses, but I couldn't get the back since I have no help. Hopefully I can still get a somewhat good estimation....
    All current pics. I took them all this morning and did the measurements Saturday.
    ~13-14%..

Originally Posted by ZezimaMirin View Post
    haven't lifted in 5 weeks, dislocated my shoulder so still recovering, wondering what bf% im at, im thinking around 13% thoughts?im 5'11 and 160lbsall unflexed..
    ~13% is a pretty good guess..

Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 133 Photo 1 has my stomach flexed, I couldn't find a decent non-flexed photo. But relaxed in photos 2 and 3. Thanks guys!!
    ~13-15%..
    www.grazethesky.com

rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rachelily is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ~25+%...

~13-14%..

~13% is a pretty good guess..

~13-15%..
    Oh great! Thank you! I don't know why I was thinking I was more around 20% haha, that makes me feel much better.

Originally Posted by rachelily View Post
    Oh great! Thank you! I don't know why I was thinking I was more around 20% haha, that makes me feel much better.
    Don't take my word on it. Just a guess.. sometimes I can be way off..
    www.grazethesky.com

Don't take my word on it. Just a guess.. sometimes I can be way off..
    Haha ok I need to do a caliper test at some point anyway, I don't think I can afford a DEXA scan.

Originally Posted by RunKing View Post
    Really afraid to post this here. I hope that my own estimation of my body fat isn't too far off. Guess better late than never though...

Thanks for this thread. :]

Height: 5'9
    Weight: 168 (220-->168)
    Waist: 30'

14/15%