TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Back in the gym after 2 years out. Need advice please.

So, moved to Indiana for 2 years. HUGE mistake. Hated ever single second I was stuck in that state with it's crappy gyms and my horrible job that I am now out of thank God.

New career. Right back to my home town with my great gym just 5 minutes away. But, problem number 1, the new career makes it a little difficult to get into the gym regularly but I am working it. I can do that.

Problem 2, it has been 2 years since I went regularly to the gym and it shows. I have put on about 20-30 pounds, lost most if not all the definition I had and my energy is at rock bottom.

I am asking for any and all members to advise me. I need ideas on a diet that will get me revved up. Energy and fat cutting. I need advice on a good protein supplement and any other supplements to help boost fat loss and give my metabolism a boost. I'm almost 45 now and I want to get back to where I was in my photos I have on here when I was 42. But I also want to go beyond that.

I'm getting my cardio in. Haven't hit the weights too hard as of yet. I was trying to see if cardio might boost my energy levels and it has a little but not as much as I was hoping. Maybe I haven't given it enough time.

I look forward to hearing the ideas. Thanks in advance.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500) sargeek1975 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I dunno.......call me crazy but I'm of a different mind from most on here.

Hit the weights man. Hit the weights. I was at 250 and I'm down to 205/211 with hitting the weights alone, haven't changed my diet in the least. Diet time will be when I want to compete. There's too much to work on before that.

I would work on getting into a rhythm of hitting the gym regularly before I concentrated on anything else. I can't see how a 'diet' would motivate me to hit the weights more than actually hitting the weights would!!!
    http://blog.bodybuilding.com/sargeek1975/

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sargeek1975 View Post
    i dunno.......call me crazy but i'm of a different mind from most on here.

Hit the weights man. Hit the weights. I was at 250 and i'm down to 205/211 with hitting the weights alone, haven't changed my diet in the least. Diet time will be when i want to compete. There's too much to work on before that.

I would work on getting into a rhythm of hitting the gym regularly before i concentrated on anything else. I can't see how a 'diet' would motivate me to hit the weights more than actually hitting the weights would!!!

I agree with this 100 percent!!!!!!!!
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10) RobjConnor is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hit the weights man. Hit the weights. I was at 250 and I'm down to 205/211 with hitting the weights alone, haven't changed my diet in the least. Diet time will be when I want to compete. There's too much to work on before that.

I would work on getting into a rhythm of hitting the gym regularly before I concentrated on anything else. I can't see how a 'diet' would motivate me to hit the weights more than actually hitting the weights would!!!
    WHS

There are no ‘fat loss’ or ‘metolism’ boosters other than exercise.

Any supplement is only ever going to make a very marginal difference. They are, at best, the icing on the cake, but to add icing, you first need a cake.

Get to the gym, train hard, eat healthy and get a good night’s sleep. A solid gym session is gonna boost your energy levels like nothing else providing you don’t overtrain and you ensure the right environment for recovery.

Your progress in the gym will be all the motivation you need.

6 months down the line then it’s time to start looking at ‘squeezing’ a little more return on your workouts with supplements.
    Train hard, eat well, get plenty sleep - repeat

tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000) tobymax123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've done low carb, and it can get you to lose weight, but over the past year or so I've come to realize the eliminating sugar, refined white flour, and alcohol is probably the best diet out there, and the best way to "eat healthy". Go lift some weights.

bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000) bigvin73 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I can't belive I'm gonna say this but agree with sarge 100%
    Excuses are like A-holes everyone's got 1...............

TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TN_Mike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OK, I apologize. I didn't phrase what I was asking correctly. When I said "diet" I didn't mean a diet to loose weight. I meant a healthy eating diet. I'd like to hear what you guys suggest for eating breakfast and lunch and dinner. Any snacks between meals. How best to eat healthy. That kind of thing.

I'm through with weight loss diets. I know that's all BS. Thanks!
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

Drinks Well With Others RedXray's Avatar
    RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RedXray has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    OK, I apologize. I didn't phrase what I was asking correctly. When I said "diet" I didn't mean a diet to loose weight. I meant a healthy eating diet. I'd like to hear what you guys suggest for eating breakfast and lunch and dinner. Any snacks between meals. How best to eat healthy. That kind of thing.

I'm through with weight loss diets. I know that's all BS. Thanks!
    Mike you need to get your macros figured out (in the nutrition forum sticky's) I'd also buy a cheap food scale and start weighing everything you you eat. It will take out the guessing and help you dial everything in... nutrition wise.

Is this the same TN_Mike from the DC forums

Originally Posted by RedXray View Post
    Mike you need to get your macros figured out (in the nutrition forum sticky's) I'd also buy a cheap food scale and start weighing everything you you eat. It will take out the guessing and help you dial everything in... nutrition wise.

Is this the same TN_Mike from the DC forums
    Yes it is, one and the same! Holy Cow, small world.

Still hoping fr some good ideas. I'll give it one more shot.

ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000) ulsak is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah, one good idea to adapt is to measure your portions of food; typically , the meat, fish or poultry should be at the size of your palm ( not the palm of The Incredible Hulk unless you are the one), veggies should be at size of two fists and your brown rice, potatoes or full grain bulgur or what ever should remain one fist of size. That made me lose about 40 pounds in just 7 months. And as said above, choose wisely what to put in your mounth..else Sargeek1975 said it best. Start lifting!

egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000) egoatdoor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you need to spend a couple of months getting into a regular routine of training before we can offer any advice on "diet" and supplements. Without this initial show of discipline and dedication, any other advice will be wasted as I get the sense that you look for excuses rather than solutions.
    "People listen to rich folks. People they pray for poor folks"- John Thompson, long time head basketball coach at Georgetown University.

Passion doesn't pay the bills. G4P does.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    its a new place and a new you. 30 lbs more of you.

dont do the same old routine you did in the past.

make it new too.

its like meeting a new lady. something new and different. or so i have been told but thats for another thread.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThatGalZoey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Indiana's not that bad.
    Seriously though, I think if you just start on any program/diet, you can get yourself going until you hit something you're comfortable with. You've got experience already so you'll easily recognize if you find the best program for you. Just hit your fave exercise before. If you loved lifting weights, then you should lift weights. If you loved running, then you should go running.
    -=*That Gal Zoey*=-