Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Basic/popular exercises you don't do (or haven't done often).

I recently switched to chinups after nearly a decade of pullup/pull downs only and realized there are a handful of popular exercises that I just don't do, some if which are actually decent lifts. I know I'm not the only one, but my list is as follows:

Chinups
    Concentration curls
    Tricep kickbacks

Those are lifts that I didn't do for really superficial reasons, that they are not the greatest "mass gainers." However, I learned in my time that it's about hitting the muscle from all angles that makes them grow evenly. If you're stressing about your inner this or upper that, you probably aren't using enough angles in your routines (assuming you've been at it long enough to handle the volume).

What lifts have you guys done without for arbitrary reasons (pain during execution/injury doesn't count)?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't perform conventional flat BB press...but it's primarily due to shoulder discomfort. I've tried almost everything over the years though (except certain olympic movements).
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Shrugs.... I hate them.

Bad deal that I can not deadlift (back problems) so trap work is mainly from facepulls and farmer walks. Probably should do them... my traps suck
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    I don't perform conventional flat BB press.
    Same here, except I don't have any shoulder problems. It's just that the movement feels so unnatural to me that I've started loathing it again. Will be doing incline presses from now on. The other one is the conventional deadlift. I now prefer the stiff legged deadlift, despite the fact that I have to use less weight.

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Xuaxace View Post
    Shrugs.... I hate them.

Bad deal that I can not deadlift (back problems) so trap work is mainly from facepulls and farmer walks. Probably should do them... my traps suck
    Shrugs rate just below Squats/Deadlifts (tied) as my favourite exercises :P

Try 'em with a hex bar. I've known a few guys who hated shrugs until I converted them to these.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidpdorsey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't done regular barbell bench press in a very long time. Just enjoy dumbbells a lot more.
    "Prefer knowledge to wealth, for the one is transitory, the other perpetual." ~Socrates

( NSCA-CPT )

CL White Flood review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147483453

Beast Sports Nutrition- Beast Mode review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149076503&p=967425433#post967425433

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by davidpdorsey View Post
    I haven't done regular barbell bench press in a very long time. Just enjoy dumbbells a lot more.
    as with you and a couple other folks here, I am about to retire the flat BB bench press in favor of close grip at a slight incline. shoulder issues on and off since teenage years, but also agree with Lu it just doesn't feel right to me.
    Stern Crew

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    as with you and a couple other folks here, I am about to retire the flat BB bench press in favor of close grip at a slight incline. shoulder issues on and off since teenage years, but also agree with Lu it just doesn't feel right to me.
    Add me to this group. I'm probably not going to retire them completely, but...it'd be like a guilty pleasure every now and again.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50) jwagz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "arms" day

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squats.

Reasons: No squat rack, feel like I get the same benefits from deadlifting, it just works for me

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IDrinkBloodLOL View Post
    Squats.
    Reasons: No squat rack, feel like I get the same benefits from deadlifting, it just works for me
    Do you have a home gym? If so, you can do concentric squats by keeping the barbell on two strong chairs. I don't have access to a squat rack as well; I use the Captain's chair to load the bar.

ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArmstrongBrah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Only exercises I really care to do next to the olympic lifts are shoulder presses, power cleans, and maybe pull ups or rows.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Do you have a home gym? If so, you can do concentric squats by keeping the barbell on two strong chairs. I don't have access to a squat rack as well; I use the Captain's chair to load the bar.
    TBH, I don't really like squats that much even when I have a squat rack. I was decent at them, I got to 4 plates fairly easily, but I always felt it in my back and glutes more than my legs. I have legs of peace but I actually didn't get them from squatting, I got it from doing the kind of stuff that people on this forum say is a waste of time. Since squats really feel like a no-hands deadlift to me and don't really do a lot for my leg development, I just deadlift and stick to the training that gave me big legs in the first place.

I do like the idea of using home brew supports though, I figure sawhorses might work pretty well for that too. That's what I do weighted dips on. The only thing is that I only have 3 plates' worth of weight, which at my current level of conditioning isn't worth squatting unless it's for an assload of reps.

-rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Flat BB bench
    Squats
    Deadlifts

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -rEvolvEr- View Post
    Flat BB bench
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    But how will your biceps ever grow?

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Pump Freak 86 View Post
    The leg press. The hyoooooooooooooge testosterone release will make your arms grow.

Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10) Djaye is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Overhead dumbbell extensions for triceps...I get way more results from doing lying ez bar extensions

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Curl and pressdown...haven't done them since I got back in the game in Feb. and probably won't go back to doing them.

Benching, pressing, rowing, chin and pull ups have my arms looking better then when I had a dedicated arm day.
    OG

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    the only exercise i dont really do much any more is full deadlifts. i hurt my back a few years ago and strayed away from them for a long time. but then i saw David Henry doing quarter deadlifts and tried them out and man do i love this exercise. it puts all focus on the back and no pain at all on my lower back. i pull from just below the knee inside a power rack and that has really seemed to help my back development since i implemented those back a few years ago.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bench press.

I like dips a heck of a lot better.

jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't leg press and I don't use dumbbells for anything other than hammer curls.

PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PLJSocka has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Incline BB and flat DB presses. Dunno why really, just can't do them.

-rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -rEvolvEr- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just a genetic freak son. 18.5" biceps without ever even doing a curl nomsayin.

Originally Posted by -rEvolvEr- View Post
    Just a genetic freak son. 18.5" biceps without ever even doing a curl nomsayin.
    Does not compute. Powerlifting training is better than bodybuilding training for bodybuilding training. Look at how big (SOME) powerlifters are. Melting down...going back to t-nation.

Does not compute. Powerlifting training is better than bodybuilding training for bodybuilding training. Look at how big (SOME) powerlifters are. Melting down...going back to t-nation.
    Dude why do you think I don't do any of the big three. I was getting so huge so fast I just couldn't deal with it. I had to step back and just progress a little like everyone else.

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dead lifts and preacher curls. Neither have served me at all
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Flat BB Bench-No need when I do dumbbell incline press and pec deck

Shoulder press-Incline DB press works the front delts, face pulls/hang cleans work the rear delts, then I do lateral raises.

Typical rows-No need with hang cleans, chinups and pulldowns

Back squat-Had a pinched nerve in my neck, left shoulder area so putting a heavy bar on my traps hurts. I do front squats

Shrugs-No need with facepulls and hangcleans

Deadlifts-Hang cleans, squats, leg pres and reverse hypers are all in my routine so no need for the deadlift
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000) terman1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I haven't done seated rows in a really long time. Once I started doing them from the floor with the barbell I never went back to doing them seated.