Thread: My insanity!

dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My insanity!

Ok so I'm on day 3 of the insanity workouts now. I already do Monday, Wednesday, Friday lifting, Tuesday and Thursday running and now from this week is the extra! I must say I'm in absolute agony!

The reason I'm writing this is so I don't give up - I can't give up now as I am telling everyone and can't loose face ha!

I have regularly done Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels workouts before and found them tiring but they seem like a walk in the park compared to insanity!

Hope to hear from anyone else doing this or who have done it - did you get to the end, battle through? Any words of advice for me much appreciated but in the meantime I will update and check in here as much as I can to inform of my progress and if you don't mind - moan about my aching body lol!

Chiao for now...
    Sometimes I feel like giving up....

Then I remember I have a lot of mother****ers to prove wrong!

dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50) dalkristel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 4

Cardio recovery day - was a lovely break from the usual intense workouts. Mainly stretching and core balance today no cardio at all a real treat! However I'm not good at balancing I kept falling over! I didn't run as planned this morning as I could barely move lol. Gym tomorrow morning before my next insane workout!

Week 1 complete!

Yeah! I've completed the first six days I am really chuffed with myself and getting to the stage where I am looking forward to the workouts now. The aching is getting easier and I know the pace is gonna step up! Only managed 1 run this week and 2 sessions of lifting but they were 2 full body sessions and I feel great for all I've done.

I am loving insanity I love the way he uses sports techniques to train like boxing and basket ball etc as well as some really intense and hard balancing stretching. I feel stronger and fitter after just one week. The proof is in the pudding right?!

Having tomorrow (Sunday) off training completely and back on it Monday. If you don't hear from me till Tuesday it's because it's a bank holiday here in England and after my weights and insanity workouts monday I shall be having a BBQ in the garden with friends so drink wise it's a cheat day - I am going to enjoy myself and enjoy a few glasses of wine which is extremely rare for me but I don't feel bad (yet!) as I have not had a cheat meal for over a week. My nutrition has been spot in and Monday is MINE.... !

Have a good one folks x
    Last edited by dalkristel; 05-04-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Typo error!

After starting week 2 yesterday I enjoyed a few glasses of wine but back on track nutrition wise today. Can't wait to get back in the gym tomorrow for some lifting before coming home to Wednesdays insanity. Loving every minute!

Awesome day!

I enjoyed my lifting session this morning and just completed todays insanity I am feeling sooo good and am looking forward to getting ripped for my holiday in June.

I am so enjoying insanity - anyone else doing this? You have to do it its so intense and I love a good sweat!

Tomorrow morning I am running and insanity later so complete cardio day.

I have found that doing insanity a little later in the day helps as I have nutrition in my body from eating but I like to run fasted. They do say that interval training is not good on a fast though so hopefully I am doing it right!

Loving every minute.

Signing off for now

Ciao!

Didn't manage a run this morning however, cardio recovery day today on insanity off to do it NOW!

Just finished cardio power and resistance I'm shattered. Didn't make gym as planned this morning was so stiff after all the stretching yesterday. I fear that insanity is affecting my weight training but I'm not going to stop as I wish to shred. Tomorrow is another day but at the moment with work and everything I'm struggling to get enough hours in the day to do everything and trying not to let it get me down. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

On the plus side my arms are looking lovely and toned at the moment as I'm nearing the end of week two I think I am starting to see results...

Plus my nutrition has been good these last few weeks with only one evening falling into a sweet binge... Just had my shake with a banana added and a lovely cold piece of salmon with sweet chilli sauce for lunch. I have taken to turkey mince too making it into a sausage shape adding chillies and cooking it then wrapping in a wholemeal tortilla - was a delicious yummy meal that makes!

I believe it's two sessions tomorrow pure cardio and cardio abs - that's a first. Will let you know how I get on!

Laters

Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gary0155 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Insanity is just what it is! I completed the first two weeks about three months ago then injured my leg doing something else so I was waiting for that to heal. All i can remember from the worlouts in almost puking every workout!!' I think Monday I am going to start again. I'm already lifting weights as well so hopefully I can fit it all in.

Good luck Gary hope you manage it it does take dedication I'm sure you will be great. Saying that I'm now half way through week three and golly it's hard going...

Finding it tough but getting through it. Having upped my cals to 1600 I'm finding it a little hard to eat all that but I also know without enough food this is pure struggle.

Cardio recovery day tomorrow - which will be a breeze yeh!

Nearly at the end of week three just one more session tomorrow then Sunday off! Really finding it hard but enjoying it.

Pushed myself at the gym this morning doing upper body training, lifted as heavy as I could and then did insanity this afternoon. I am dripping in sweat right now lol!

Won't have a problem with calories over the weekend, I always tend to eat more at weekends anyway... just had some after workout cottage cheese and pineapple.

Week four to go then its the hard stuff as if its not hard already...

There is a week in between where its core and balance recovery week discs - I was thinking of leaving this out so I could fit all of the course in before I go on holiday otherwise I will miss the last week - any one done this and it is imperative to do the recovery week? I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a tip on this thanks.

Week 4

Ok started week four today was pure cardio and cardio abs I am whacked. I didn't get up early enough for the gym today so will go tomorrow and do insanity in the evening.

I must be mad... !

After a hard lifting session in the gym this morning I managed cardio power tonight phew I'm exhausted! Back in the gym for legs tomorrow lets hope I can manage my squats after today's insanity! Fingers crossed.....

Slightly over eaten on my cals today I ate breakfast early. I always over eat when I eat breakfast too early which is why I usually train after a banana or something small. Eek I hate that!

I have to rest today my body is tired and aches so so much. Hubby insisted and I didn't argue... Will continue tomorrow

Sometimes you just have to concede to a rest.

Ok back on track today was cardio recovery day so an easy one although worked the body nicely with all the squats and stretches! I don't feel bad about missing yesterday I've been lifting hard too and my body just needed the rest for which I feel I trained better today. I am still aching however tomorrow is the hard one again.... Pure cardio and cardio abs and that's after a good workout in the gym hey ho - not long till Sunday lol!

flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flyfreefit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I did insanity for a week or two, but didn't follow a strict lifting program... maybe 2-3 lifts/wk? But I really enjoyed the workout. Gets you dripping with sweat, YES!

Had to stop because of space limitations (w/o partner flaked on me), but if I had the room to do it, I'd be ON that. Shaun T really gets me going

There he is with his hubby... so HAWT! haha!

Good luck with your program!!
    Follow my journey! -->
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152755803

Thank you! Yes he is pretty fit at least it's a nice bit if eye candy whilst training lol - I find the stretches the hardest as I'm not very supple but getting better and sweating for England! I'm only lifting 3 times a week while I'm doing this I usually like to lift at least 4 or 5 times a week but I've had to scale it down a bit for my own sanity (excuse the pun!).

Wow am feeling it big time! Decided to do an all body session in the gym this morning and pushed myself then had to come back and do insanity good job I left it for a few hours so I could get something solid in to eat as it gave me the stamina I needed!

Really enjoyed my training today - tomorrow is plyometric and last day of first month.... Cardio recovery week next week which I will do and if I get bored ill jump into week one of second month can't wait!

Having said that I can't wait to finish too as I'm missing my extra lifting sessions and running as I have cut these down during insanity.

Second month now...

I had a tough weekend and dilemma yesterday do I start max or do recovery week. As I was a little under the weather I decided just to do the fit test which mostly I had improved on but there were a couple that remained the same which disappointed me.

Anyway today I jumped straight into Tuesdays workout max plyo - oh my god I can't believe I did it its totally insane! Some moves were hard like the balancing plyo one leg squats I can't balance to save my life but other things I found easy like moving jump squats and power push ups loved those! Anything to do with balancing though and I fall over!

I feel invigorated and its lovely doing the new ones especially fun first time I think when you don't know what's coming!

I havn't made it to the gym since last week but my motivation is back now so can't wait to get to the weights too!

Wow I feel good!

Well its TIME FOR A RE-THINK! I had a mega workout at the gym this morning, enjoyed it sooooo much and do not want to let my lifting sessions go backward so I have decided (I have had several people telling me to do this and I make them right) now that I am on month two and its harder and longer, I am going to do insanity on the days I don't go to the gym - how on earth do I expect to put my all into one or the other if I am over training and doing both on the same day? It was a good piece of advice given to me. My next session in the gym is Friday so tomorrow I will continue with Insanity and report on the days I do it which will be every day barring three days a week however, I am taking Sundays off defo! Got to have one day a week off.

I don't think this is a bad thing, I want to put my all into everything and if it means I don't finish Insanity completely (owing to going on holiday) then so be it, I can do it again another time. I plan to do it once a year anyway.

Think I am doing the right thing? I am not cheating myself as I want to get the best out of everything I do and if I over train I won't do this.

Anyway till tomorrow...

Wowser! Max cardio today and I'm feeling great now I've done it but it was mega hard! I'm still feeling sore hamstrings from yesterday's weight lifting but I got through it. Had to stop on a number of occasions but strived to carry on. Finding these new plank jumps hard they are like plank ski jumps I can only do them slow

Anyway I will feel it tomorrow... !

Been a bit lapse in posting, still battling on though albeit I am behind on insanity now as I am alternating it with my lifting but its still KILLING me! Just joined twitter too so its all going mad on the networking...

I know I won't finish the course probably be minus a week by the time I go on holiday but I am going to start insanity earlier next year - think I can only muster it once a year as I love my running and miss it sooo much!

Anyway over and out