Thread: Healthy fats

Lockley91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Healthy fats

I get around 80g of fats a day, and the majority being extra virgin olive oil.

My question is, is extra virgin olive oil the best oil to have? And does it matter that the majority of my fat in my diet comes from one source?

I don't like nuts, but i know they are a good source of nuts.

(p.s. im on a bulk atm hence my fats are at 80g)

Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aikidoka17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From the way I understand things, you want to get a mix of fats. About ⅓ (daily intake)from saturated fats, such as from animals and hydrogenated oils, ⅓ from unsaturated fats such as vegetable oil, and ⅓ from monosaturated, or natural fats, such as from fruits and veggies and canola oil. Not sure there's anything wrong per se with having one main source of fats intake, but would you want your only protein source to be chicken? Or your only Carb source spaghetti?

LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can really have any fats, and vary them so your body can get everything it needs. The only real restriction is on trans fats, the artificial ones that serve no purpose at all.
    If you think hiring a good tech is expensive, try hiring a cheap one.

Registered User & Abuser Magnumtripod's Avatar
    Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Magnumtripod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Lockley91 View Post
    I don't like nuts, but i know they are a good source of nuts.
    nuts are DEFINITELY a good source of nuts

rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rival8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Coconut oil, flaxseed oil, hempseed oil, olive oil are all healthy fats

tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000) tsk111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i get a good 75-85% of my fats from pb. srs. I love that stuff. I have the whole entire pb co line, kraft, jiffs.
    Instagram: _Tarnnn

Weight: 171 Lbs

@181lbs
    Squat: 455
    Deadlift: 565
    Bench: 365
    OHP: 250x1

Lockley91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Magnumtripod View Post
    LOL that's me not focusing on what im typing!

BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BobbyBadback has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Some people will argue that MUFAs and PUFAs are better because they reduce the risk of a heart attack but I feel that's a load of ****. I am for animal fat, I'm a meat eater. I'd like to bring up one valid point that must be considered. In the wild animals like lions or wolves tend to eat the organs, lips, and fatter areas of the animal. The reason I bring this up is because saturated fat has gotten a bad rap, and I feel animal fat should be the goal. There is however another factor with animal fat. Remember bio-magnification? The hormones and anti-biotics that are given to the animals in commercial food largely sits in their fat. You take on those when eating commercial animals. So if that worries you buying grass fed beef, free range chicken, or any animal that is raised on their natural diet will yield the best quality fat. In my eyes the top 3 are 1) coconut oil, 2) Palm kernel oil, 3) lard. Fish have really good quality fat as well.

Coconut oil is largely saturated fat even though it isn't associated with an animal (reason why I feel saturated fat isn't as bad as said). Coconuts have been known to carry many health benefits. It is also largely MCT versus LCT, which is like a simple carb in the aspect the body can make such quick use of it when ingested. With its high cooking temp and stability I consider it to be the BEST cooking oil, and the best source of fat overall. Unless you're buying cold press evoo, the evoo oil has already been damaged by the processing it went through to reach your shelf. Light, oxygen, and temperature are your enemies when discussing fat and the quality of it. Also, most nuts and seeds are pasteurized before hitting the shelves. In most extraction processes the heat used destroys or alters the fat. The same applies to being pasteurized. The fat will then become rancid becoming a bad idea. Hope that helps my man.

I'd like to clarify one thing, PUFAs and MUFAs are not limited to just plant and vegetable oils. They can be found in fish and animal fat and other sources in lower amounts. The more natural the animal is on their diet, the better the fat and more balanced it will be overall. One more thing, a lot of the plants and vegetables that these oils come from have been genetically modified and should be avoided.
    Last edited by BobbyBadback; 08-12-2012 at 12:41 PM.

nicholls63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nuts all the way. Dairy also offers a bit of fats too. Meat also. Just mix it up a bit, you should try to include a variety of different sources of fats in your diet. The key is moderation, such that even if one fat source is not that good, you aren't eating too much of it for it to be bad in any way.

RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10) RippednReady is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you can't get your fat requirements with just olive oil, try eating fattier cuts of meat instead of lean, as it will be easier to hit your fat total. Also avacado has alot of good healthy fats and some cheeses have alot of fats.

BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BWC101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This^

I like to get mine from red meat, egg yolks, bit of dairy and peanut butter mostly.

That said, avos and olive oil are good sources too.

Nuts, despite popular opinion are actually a pretty chitty fat source but I just love PB too much.
    I hate haters

PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PhineasGage24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BWC101 View Post
    This^

I like to get mine from red meat, egg yolks, bit of dairy and peanut butter mostly.

That said, avos and olive oil are good sources too.

Nuts, despite popular opinion are actually a pretty chitty fat source but I just love PB too much.
    Strong dietary omega-3 content

Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Steven951 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would say like the others mix up your fat sources a bit. I get most of my dietary fat from things like: egg, fatty fish, chia seed, hemp seed, peanut butter, avocado, olive oil, and coconut/coconut oil. Getting a correct balance between omega 3 and 6 fats is good to aim for too.

EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EmSea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Magnumtripod View Post
    LMAOO, this had me rolling.