tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)

shoulders and back on the same day?

would it be a bad idea to do shoulders on back day?

here's my current split:

day 1 - chest, back
    day 2 - legs
    day 3 - off
    day 4 - bis, tris
    day 5 - shoulders, traps, abs
    day 6 - off
    day 7 - off

i'm thinking of making these changes:

day 1 - chest, abs
    day 5 - back, shoulders, traps

what do you think? i should probably give shoulders and back their own days, but i REALLY don't want to be in the gym 5 days a week.

Danielson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fatigued triceps from day 4 will have a negative effect on shoulders in day 5

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: shoulders and back on the same day?

Originally posted by tbomb

here's my current split:

day 1 - chest, back
    day 2 - legs
    day 3 - off
    day 4 - bis, tris
    day 5 - shoulders, traps, abs
    day 6 - off
    day 7 - off

day 1 - chest, abs
    day 5 - back, shoulders, traps

why don't do

day 1 -chest, abs, triceps
    day 2 - legs
    day 3 - shoulders, traps
    day 4 - off
    day 5 - back, biceps
    day 6 - off
    day 7 - off

there is no point in doing a seperate day for arms, they get hit enough with chest and back

tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000) tbomb is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive tried chest/tris and back/bis before and it doesnt work for me. i cant hit tris or bis as hard i want to if i do them like that - they dont even get sore the next day or 2. when i give arms their own day, they get worked much better.

i like to do 3 sets for each exercise and heres the reps i shoot for on each set:

set 1 - 10
    set 2 - 8
    set 3 - 6

sometimes i dont get that many reps, but those are what i shoot for.
    Last edited by tbomb; 07-17-2003 at 07:36 AM.

Originally posted by Danielson
    Fatigued triceps from day 4 will have a negative effect on shoulders in day 5
    what if i put one of my days off in between bi, tri day and back shoulder day?

...hrmm, i dont know if i like that either.

looks like i'm gonna need more help with this than i thought. i'm not gonna be happy if i have to do 5 days in the gym, but it looks like i might have to.

midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000) midian is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive tried chest/tris and back/bis before and it doesnt work for me. i cant hit tris or bis as hard i want to if i do them like that - they dont even get sore the next day or 2. when i give arms their own day, they get worked much better.

i like to do 3 sets for each exercise and heres the reps i shoot for on each set:

set 1 - 10
    set 2 - 8
    set 3 - 6

sometimes i dont get that many reps, but those are what i shoot for.
    soreness does not mean anything, maybe it's the exercises you choose, i would give it another try if i were you

you MUST do all the chest exercises first, then you do 2-6 sets for tri's, you stick with what works, skullcrushers, elbow extension, close grip bench press, dips

for bi's the same you MUSt do all back exercises first, you are doing pull ups for lat's what gets the bi's alot in the movement, then bent over rows same deal, then you do 2-6 sets, try doing just what works, chin ups (these are great) and i like to throw in a more isolation exercise, concentration curls, or preacher curl

my arms are growing like weed, i got stretch marks all over sadly
    Last edited by midian; 07-17-2003 at 07:44 AM.

Danielson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i'm not gonna be happy if i have to do 5 days in the gym, but it looks like i might have to.
    Or you could just weed out all the unproductive pussy exercises and do three days per week of muscle making compound movements.

Originally posted by midian
    soreness does not mean anything, maybe it's the exercises you choose, i would give it another try if i were you

you MUST do all the chest exercises first, then you do 2-6 sets for tri's, you stick with what works, skullcrushers, elbow extension, close grip bench press, dips

for bi's the same, you are doing pull ups for lat's what gets the bi's alot in the movement, then bent over rows same deal, then you do 2-6 sets, try doing just what works, chin ups (these are great) and i like to throw in a more isolation exercise, concentration curls, or preacher curl

my arms are growing like weed, i got stretch marks all over sadly
    alright, i'll try giving it another shot for the next couple weeks. heres my current chest and back workout. what would you suggest for tris and bis on these days?

chest:
    -3 sets incline db's
    -3 sets flat db's
    -3 sets dips
    -ill try to get in 2-3 sets of close grip bench and 2-3 sets of skullcrushers on this day. i also really like one armed cable pulldowns, but what do you think?

back:
    -pulls or chins or lat pulldowns? (which should i do?)
    -db rows
    -weighted back extensions (these will be replaced soon when i start doing DL's. will doing SLDL's on leg day be enough to work my lower back in repalce of an exercise on back day, as well?)
    -i'll try to get in 2-3 sets of standing ez-curl's and 2-3 sets of seated db curls. i also like hammer curls - what do you think about that?

thanks
    Last edited by tbomb; 07-17-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Originally posted by Danielson
    do three days per week of muscle making compound movements.
    that's fine for some people, but its not for me.

alright, i'll try giving it another shot for the next couple weeks. heres my current chest and back workout. what would you suggest for tris and bis on these days?

chest:
    -3 sets incline db's
    -3 sets flat db's
    -3 sets dips
    -ill try to get in 3 sets of close grip bench and 3 sets of skullcrushers on this day. i also really like one armed cable pulldowns, but what do you think?

back:
    -pulls or chins or lat pulldowns? (which should i do?)
    -db rows
    -weighted back extensions (these will be replaced soon when i start doing DL's. will doing SLDL's on leg day be enough to work my lower back in repalce of an exercise on back day, as well?)
    -i'll try to get in 3 sets of standing ez-curl's and 3 sets of seated db curls. i also like hammer curls - what do you think about that?

thanks
    if you could do 3 sets of each what i think is a bit much but i would surtainly give it a try, close grip bench press and skull crushers would be fine IMO do the close grip bench first and remember of doing it at the end of all chest exercises

i think pull ups if your doing it for lats, chins are more direct bi training
    and you should do dl on back day , DL's already work the lower back, so give sufficient rest time between those two if you are doing SLDL on leg day
    and i also like hammer curls, maybe do them instead of the seated db curls, i like alternating standing EZ curls with chin ups (palms facing you) on a weekly base, but six sets would be more then enough

give it a try and let me know what you think

thanks a lot for all the help. i cant wait to try this stuff next week. maybe i'll actually get sleep tonight - i was up all last night obsessing over this

LenWilson88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do what works for you bro, everyones different. but if you want to grow your gonna need to be in the gym atleast 4 times a week.

carfreak716 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LenWilson88 View Post
    do what works for you bro, everyones different. but if you want to grow your gonna need to be in the gym atleast 4 times a week.
    this.