Cornix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to fix a torn meniscus with knee fluid in it?

I can't do surgery, so I don't know what else to do.

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cornix View Post
    I can't do surgery, so I don't know what else to do.
    How did you manage to tear a meniscus at 15?

A torn meniscus won't heal without surgical intervention. The torn part in some cases can be surgically reattached, if not, it will be removed.

Why can't you do surgery?
    Strength without endurance, is as useless as, endurance without strength

*Eternal Virgin Crew*

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should see an orthopedist. A torn meniscus won't heal on it's own. What's worse, the longer you wait, the more likely the body is to erode the tissue, which will further complicate the surgery in the future...and make it more likely you'll need some tissue replacement.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

I saw the orthopedist and he said that I didn't need surgery so I guess it isn't that bad. My parents think they already spend enough money on fixing my leg and won't pay surgery. Nor will they pay for physical therapy :/

Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pluto1998 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Cornix View Post
    I saw the orthopedist and he said that I didn't need surgery so I guess it isn't that bad. My parents think they already spend enough money on fixing my leg and won't pay surgery. Nor will they pay for physical therapy :/
    What was the surgeons rationale that you don't need any surgery?, did he say it will heal on it's own?, What tests did the the orthopedic surgeon do to determine the severity of your injury?

Do you know how much surgery or physical therapy would cost?

Not very parent like, what your parents did. This is not money for smokes, drugs, but your health and future well being.
    Strength without endurance, is as useless as, endurance without strength

*Eternal Virgin Crew*

I know it cost a lot but my mom probably spends more than what the surgery cost buying handbags and stuff like that. The orthopedist looked through my MRI, I was in the same room with him.