wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)

Cellulite.... does it get worse before it gets better?

As a result of my thyroid issues over the years (I believe) I've suffered with cellulite more than someone my age should. I've begun to notice recently that the appearance of my cellulite is worsening; is this common and just a result of some fat loss making it more pronounced? Or am I just going to be stuck with cellulite for longer than I could care for?

I know this gets posted about quite a bit but the cellulite is the only thing about my body that really gets to me!

TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwistedPandora will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I know cellulite is not really an age issue. It's more to do with just how your fat cells are distributed and the fluid between them etc.
    Even weight is not so much of a factor as some very slim women have cellulite - funnily enough those like Kate Moss, skinny fat with terrible diet and health habits!
    It seems to be 'the luck of the draw' as to who gets cellulite, but how you manage it, it what counts.

The main things which seem to have a positive affect on it is good diet and exercise, which you have more than covered
    Dry body brushing is one of those things which has a good reputation for improving the look of cellulite.
    Also massage with caffeine based products - or make your own caffeine exfoliate using ground coffee and almond oil, coconut oil or similar oil and just mix the two together to make a paste and rub on the affected area in the shower before your normal shower gel etc.
    *Just don't use so much you clog the drain!

It is likely that as your body changes etc that it could well get worse then better. I know that I went through, and still am experiencing weird and wonderful changes as a result of large weight loss. For example I never thought I would loose the loose skin and stretch marks on my belly from pregnancy and excess fat many years ago, but it is actually tightening and going away which I never thought possible.

You look amazing, really inspiring to see your progress, and I am sure you will find that firstly your cellulite will come into line, and secondly it will become such a small part of your over all accomplishment that hopefully you will be able to see it as a minor thing in comparison to all you have achieved

It's our imperfections which make us unique and unique things are much more interesting
    Lost over 65lbs, and got some of my life back! I may be disabled, but don't underestimate me :)

If it were easy everyone would do it!

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    As a result of my thyroid issues over the years (I believe) I've suffered with cellulite more than someone my age should. I've begun to notice recently that the appearance of my cellulite is worsening; is this common and just a result of some fat loss making it more pronounced? Or am I just going to be stuck with cellulite for longer than I could care for?

I know this gets posted about quite a bit but the cellulite is the only thing about my body that really gets to me!
    I doubt it has anything to do with your thyroid or what you eat/don't eat. Your genetics suck, as do mine. The only fix is increased muscle mass and possibly less body fat. I say possibly because it can be there on lean women too and losing more body fat is not an option. Skin does loosen up as we age. Collagen is lost and skin starts sagging. I really started noticing this in my mid to late 40's. Again, muscle gains is the answer.

If you are leaning out it's not unusual to see cellulite worsening. Once you go back to maintenance, up carbs, and pump back up it should look better.

JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do think mine got worse before it got better. Initially when I started loosing weight my skin was loose, as my skin tightened up and as I started gaining more muscle it got much better.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with your thyroid or what you eat/don't eat. Your genetics suck, as do mine. The only fix is increased muscle mass and possibly less body fat. I say possibly because it can be there on lean women too and losing more body fat is not an option. Skin does loosen up as we age. Collagen is lost and skin starts sagging. I really started noticing this in my mid to late 40's. Again, muscle gains is the answer.

If you are leaning out it's not unusual to see cellulite worsening. Once you go back to maintenance, up carbs, and pump back up it should look better.
    Some reasearch showed hypo sufferers were more prone to cellulite, especially whilst untreated.

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cellulite is fat. if you want to get rid of cellulite, you have to get rid of fat.

http://thinksteroids.com/articles/planet-estrogen-02/
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Some reasearch showed hypo sufferers were more prone to cellulite, especially whilst untreated.
    Meh. Untreated hypo's gain water and fat so no surprise there.

Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kricket09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel your pain! i feel like my lower body belongs to someone else, everywhere is tight and toned and its just that bit of lumpy cellulite under my butt that just doesnt match! Ive had some success with foam rolling that area, but I find the effect is temporary, if I stop for a week it looks just the same as it did before.

aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aragonmod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Kricket09 View Post
    I feel your pain! i feel like my lower body belongs to someone else, everywhere is tight and toned and its just that bit of lumpy cellulite under my butt that just doesnt match! Ive had some success with foam rolling that area, but I find the effect is temporary, if I stop for a week it looks just the same as it did before.
    ME TOO!!!!!! I hate it!! even my butt is tight and nice shaped but if I squeeze my cheeks BAM!!!!! There it is, and I have some right under my butt to mid thigh. =( no hope....lol
    MS V

Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ava30 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by aragonmod View Post
    ME TOO!!!!!! I hate it!! even my butt is tight and nice shaped but if I squeeze my cheeks BAM!!!!! There it is, and I have some right under my butt to mid thigh. =( no hope....lol
    I have this too my legs and ass are hard and tight, but the cellulite wont budge

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ava30 View Post
    I have this too my legs and ass are hard and tight, but the cellulite wont budge
    yep, me too. I have to be at an unhealthy level of leanness for it not to be visible.

mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mom1130 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sure would be nice to have a magic wand!!!!!! Do you notice more cellulite on women than men? Why do women get stuck with this s....? Lol

bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50) bakedNOTfried will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my working theory is that is a fraudulent misrepresentation made to sell creams and treatments to remove something that isn't what they say it is

you will notice on some male body-builders 'graini-ness' especially on their legs when they are at very low bodyfat %

it is a feature of the surface of the muscle tissue which seems particularly present in muscle adapted to producing explosive power

two reasons this shows up on women: more women tend to have high-level of muscular development on their lower bodies

and women have thinner and softer skin tissue so the surface appearance is more apt to reflect the underlying topography of the muscle tissue if it has these irregular features (adhesion)

my own skin (male) is atypical and so the granular surface of my outer quads and hamstrings (explosive power being almost the only kind i have, not being a strong squatter or long-distance runner but a streak on a sprint) has a bumpy 'cottage cheese' appearance at a relatively higher BF%

so, you can't exercise it away because developing the muscle makes the features more pronounced, and losing fat removes the padding that blurs it

it should be regarded as indicative of a particular degree of fitness and performance rather than as a 'flaw'

sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hello,
    Cellulite can be removed easily. Take a proper diet. Drink plenty of water. Do some exercise like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies

This all will help you to get rid of cellulite easily.

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mom1130 View Post
    Sure would be nice to have a magic wand!!!!!! Do you notice more cellulite on women than men? Why do women get stuck with this s....? Lol
    Magic wand? Where can I buy one?

anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anaerobic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sbiston View Post
    Hello,
    Cellulite can be removed easily. Take a proper diet. Drink plenty of water. Do some exercise like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies

This all will help you to get rid of cellulite easily.
    Lol

catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50) catskills will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a difference between "cellulite" which is fat deposits under the skin and "loose skin/stretch marks." Cellulite is fat and can be removed and most people notice a reduction in cellulite once they start dropping body fat. However if you are losing BF and the dimpling look gets worse, that isn't cellulite it is either loose skin or stretch marks. Dropping body fat too low doesn't really get rid of it. I think I only have about 7lbs of fat left on me and I have that look on the back of my legs. I can't really drop any more BF at this point because I am starting to get cold all the time and I need what fat I have left on me. That is when you know you have to start building muscle. Women with good muscle mass can hold a lot more body fat than a women with low muscle mass. This is because the fat underneath the skin can distribute itself nicely around the muscle that is there, so it looks good and the muscular body shape is retained. It is difficult to explain but that is basically what happens when you get to a low enough body fat and you can build some muscle to punch out the skin that is sagging and creating that look. Also like someone mentioned, it helps to not be glycogen/water depleted. Your stores won't come back until after you finish cutting.

Lorily22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think that it does! I'm training really hard with heavy weight, eating healthy, drinking a lot .....and now I notice that my cellulite its more evident 😣 I was wondering the same think. It is possible that cellulite gets worse before getting better??? But all the people replies are not about it. I'm really sorry about my cellulite now, because looks like working hard doesn't pay off.