RobinK101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How bad is pizza for your diet?

Okay
    So I just wanted to know how bad pizza is/can be for your diet (I do know that it is bad but not sure how bad).
    My goals for going to the gym include, bodybuilding (not getting big, just ripped) and staying fit.
    The main problem is that when I eat lots of carbs my stomach gets massive, (so I'm kind of like an average guy with a gut) which is why I'm asking this.
    Any advice guys?

axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Which of the ingredients in pizza do you think are bad? If a lot of carbs bloat your stomach eat less carbs its pretty simple.If you want to lose your gut eat less calories than your body needs (which you can do by allowing pizza in your diet btw).It is not the kind of foods you eat that make you fat just how much of them you eat.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS FUK YEA MAGnitude's Avatar
    MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000) MAGnitude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RobinK101 View Post
    Okay
    So I just wanted to know how bad pizza is/can be for your diet (I do know that it is bad but not sure how bad).
    My goals for going to the gym include, bodybuilding (not getting big, just ripped) and staying fit.
    The main problem is that when I eat lots of carbs my stomach gets massive, (so I'm kind of like an average guy with a gut) which is why I'm asking this.
    Any advice guys?
    carbs dont make you fat. excess cals do.

your bloating will subside when you continously eat reasonable amounts of carbs on a consistent basis as your body will get use to it. i myself eat 500-650g carbs each day, when i first started i had bloating issues but the subsided just as quick when your body adapts.
    RIP- LUC BOURDON

GO THE CANUCKS, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain0ats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captain0ats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captain0ats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captain0ats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Captain0ats has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its rwlly bad, if you eat it you DIE

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meat, cheese, bread and vegetables are micronutrient rich foods loaded with high quality protein, carbs and fat and have been consumed in large amounts by larged and ripped men for decades. Unfortunately when you combine these foods together the synergistic reaction turns the finished product into a micronutrient void toxic "food" source that will literally convert muscle into fat, give you diabetus, cancer and possibly even aids.

A friend of mine ate pizza once and literally 15 lbs of his muscle turned into fat around his waistline and he died of cancer 2 weeks later. Please do not combine meat, cheese, bread and vegetables into the same meal... pizza not even once.

ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pizza isn't bad in moderation, as long as you are eating 90% clean allow yourself a treat once in while. If you have a few slices of pizza, don't add any other junk that day like Doritos, cookies, etc.

JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Pizza isn't bad in moderation, as long as you are eating 90% clean allow yourself a treat once in while. If you have a few slices of pizza, don't add any other junk that day like Doritos, cookies, etc.
    Pizza is micronutrient rich, so meets most people's aribitrary definitions of "clean". It is caloricly dense and has a high percentage of calories from fat, but this same criticism can be leveled against natural peanut butter and almonds. Please explain how one couldn't fill 40 or 50% of their calories with pizza and still reach their target macronutrient and micronutrient ratios? Why 90% "clean"?

ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ponchsox has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    Pizza is micronutrient rich, so meets most people's aribitrary definitions of "clean". It is caloricly dense and has a high percentage of calories from fat, but this same criticism can be leveled against natural peanut butter and almonds. Please explain how one couldn't fill 40 or 50% of their calories with pizza and still reach their target macronutrient and micronutrient ratios? Why 90% "clean"?
    If I ate pizza 50% of the time I would be eating too many grams of fat over my daily goal. I like sausage pizza which has even more fat. And this is assuming you are eating very little fat from other foods throughout the day. It can be done, but I find it to be difficult to plan out my daily macros that way.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I ate pizza 50% of the time I would be eating too many grams of fat over my daily goal. I like sausage pizza which has even more fat. And this is assuming you are eating very little fat from other foods throughout the day. It can be done, but I find it to be difficult to plan out my daily macros that way.
    Fat targets are minimums. It's Ok to eat more
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    So I can eat more pizza? Winning! I'm about to cut soon so I better get sick of pizza for a while.

I just get slightly lower fat pizzas (there are some nice chicken and pepper ones without a lot of cheese I can get just down the street with only 700-800 calories per pizza and 35g of fat) Cutting right now and frequently eat 30 or 40% of my calories from pizza or ice cream and do not have difficulty hitting my target macros and getting all of my micronutrients without having to rely on a multi.

Granted it is harder to do with as you said a sausace pizza with extra cheese, one could struggle to hit macros if too much pizza is eaten due to, as you said, too much deitary fat and if they are like me I would rather get a lot more carbs than fat, to fuel my lifting.

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    ^^^ Ryan here prefers a lot more fat than I do on the same caloric intake a an example. We are both cutting, competing against each other in the Nutrition Misc Transformation Challenge and eating similar calories, but I eat more carbs and protein than him, and he eats more fat than me.

Originally Posted by JasonDB View Post
    (there are some nice chicken and pepper ones without a lot of cheese I can get just down the street with only 700-800 calories per pizza and 35g of fat)
    Do you get this from a pizza joint or is it frozen?

Do you get this from a pizza joint or is it frozen?
    Frozen. Iceland foods just at the end of my block has a wide selection of frozen pizzas so I have no trouble finding ones with different macros and topings to get nutrient diversity and hit target macros for the day if I eat a fair amount of pizza. Plus that gives me tighter control over calories and macros than "an average slice" at a pizza place.

Good to know. I feel guilty as fuk when I eat pizza (but enjoy it). My taste buds get pissed at me for eating steak, salmon, tuna, chicken, and egg whites every day

Good to know. I feel guilty as fuk when I eat pizza (but enjoy it). My taste buds get pissed at me for eating steak, salmon, tuna, chicken, and egg whites every day
    Total opposite when I do pizza on a cut and know I am only going to get an 800 calorie pizza I cut it once slice at a time and put that on my plate, come to the computer take a bite savour it, put it down do something online, take another bite... and eat it slowly so I can enjoy every bite of it and draw out the experience. It ends up taking me 30 or 40 minutes to eat the whole pizza this way, but I feel like I got "a cheat meal" while fitting it into my macros and micros.

paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) paulscott1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pizza is best saved for a cheat day

Originally Posted by paulscott1 View Post
    Pizza is best saved for a cheat day
    Cheat days for me turn into massive binges that mess up my cut. I find just working treats into my daily macros allows for better cutting and never taking a cheat day.

esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RobinK101 View Post
    Okay
    Any advice guys?
    you're gonna hear a bunch of diff opinions on here about this but i personally won't eat pizza if i'm tryin to get ripped. just seems like wasted calories to me..just my 2 cents...naturally..i'm prolly wrong

theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theculture is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think some people go off the deep end, especially guys who compete and such, and refuse to eat anything with fat like pizza or burgers. Also some guys are skinny and cut, but almost have the problem anorexic chicks do and just won't freaking eat. They say this food is bad.

I love Papa john's thin crust larges.. I prefer thin crust lately because it has 15g less carbs per slice and I dont get gobs of bread each bite, more cheese/sauce.
    Large pepperoni thin crust slice: 270cal, 16g fat, 22g carb, 10g protein

I will eat 2-3 slices and add a whey protein shake to pump the protein up. That's doesn't seem unhealthy at all to me...
    Now if you eat a WHOLE pizza? yes.. bad... too much fat to protein ratio

Or if you want slightly healthier, get a chicken option. papajohn's BBQ chicken and bacon thin crust is 13g fat and 13g protein per slice.
    Misc jawbrah appreciation crew
    Amanda Todd was pretty cute crew
    Friendzon'd by my own aunt crew
    Eats fast as fuk crew

PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PjzBoozer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good to hear Pizza isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Just gotta work at keeping it at moderation and not eat the stuff almost everyday.

dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dakidztownboi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    just make it fit your macros bra and your good to go! simple as that
    iifym ftw

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by esgibson View Post
    you're gonna hear a bunch of diff opinions on here about this but i personally won't eat pizza if i'm tryin to get ripped. just seems like wasted calories to me..just my 2 cents...naturally..i'm prolly wrong
    You are not wrong, you are pro bodybuilder, most people that post here are the average person, not competitive bodybuilders.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50) LaMartian will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    You are not wrong, you are pro bodybuilder, most people that post here are the average person, not competitive bodybuilders.
    Some day, maybe... :-)
    If you think hiring a good tech is expensive, try hiring a cheap one.