stephcarrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stephcarrin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

question about weight loss and supplements

I had a q bout weight loss n supplements my husband wanted me to post hes a, truck driver n wants to lose weight hes gone m-f n there is not many food option on rd n he ness, energy but most everything hes tried has lots caffeine n is causing him chest pains headaches etc he hates the taste on most bars n shakes ( just might have to get use to that lol ) but was wondering if anyone knew a way to lose, weight over rd workout n something that will give him energy with no caffeine it really help out a lot thanx

magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) magic15 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i mean i know most of these truck drivers have a bed setup in the back of their trucks, if he has some sort of cooler he could keep some protein shakes in there, maybe try to stop at subway once a day and get a few sandwiches instead of whatever else he's eating, green tea pill or just green tea is knowm to give you energy, it is tough to have good nutritoon while constantly on the road, i don't know what else besides cut out the garbage foods and soft drinks and replace them with more grilled foods, cut down on carbs, increase water and always start a meal with salad because it will help fill you up faster

gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000) gashcader is just really nice. (+1000)
    don't drink calories, soft drinks are just a waste and have a surprisingly large amount of cals in them. there are diet drinks for a reason.

a cooler and protein shakes is a fine idea.

rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10) rmaini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read the stickies in the nutrition forum. Calculate your cals/macros ande eat less than that.

KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KBoss302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your husband is probably extremely sedentary from being on the road, and get's little time for any exercise.

He should forget about the supplements for now. If he's overweight, more than likely they'll do more harm than good (ie, the chest pains he's feeling)

Truth of the matter is this. You are what you eat. The best place for him to start is by making smarter food choices while traveling. Magic15 mentioned Subway, and that in my opinion is the BEST place to eat when you're on the go. They have a large menu, so he shouldn't run out of options anytime soon. But have him avoid going heavy on any of the sauces. That crap is loaded in fats and sugars, and probably has high fructose corn syrup in there too, which actually improves your body's ability to store fat.

Second, for a sedentary individual, he'll need to know how many calories his body needs to maintain his current weight, and to lose weight. Google the Harris-Benedict Equation. He'll need to crunch a few numbers, but it will guaranteed put him on the right track. Without knowing how many calories his body needs to lose weight, he might as well forget about it.

Third, he should make exercise a priority on his days off. It doesn't take long. 30 minutes is plenty. Over and done with.

Sorry, I know it's not the easy answer you were looking for, but I hope this helps.