sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are the best foods to eat before a rugby match?

Pre-season for rugby has just started again and it is unbelievably tough, mainly doing sprint training, hill sprints etc mixed in with long distance running, a good mixture for vomitting and exhaustion lol.

If i eat too much i end up throwing up, if i eat too little i struggle to do the sprints and jogs, so i need to know the best foods to eat before training, i know protein is good for weight workouts but i dont think it would help that much pre-training when it comes to sprints right?

Should i focus on energy rich foods with lots of glucose like white rice and high gi foods? or eat high fiber a few hours before training?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sethanda View Post
    Pre-season for rugby has just started again and it is unbelievably tough, mainly doing sprint training, hill sprints etc mixed in with long distance running, a good mixture for vomitting and exhaustion lol.

If i eat too much i end up throwing up, if i eat too little i struggle to do the sprints and jogs, so i need to know the best foods to eat before training, i know protein is good for weight workouts but i dont think it would help that much pre-training when it comes to sprints right?

Should i focus on energy rich foods with lots of glucose like white rice and high gi foods? or eat high fiber a few hours before training?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
    Can't speak for rugby, but I always eat oranges when I play soccer or basketball. They give you energy but don't fill you up.
    Borussia Dortmund back-2-back Bundesliga champs

sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sethanda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MNTiburon View Post
    Can't speak for rugby, but I always eat oranges when I play soccer or basketball. They give you energy but don't fill you up.
    Yeah i know a lot of people who snack on oranges just before a match, but that can't be my only food source for training? id run out of energy in minutes if all i ate was a couple of oranges for breakfast :P

naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000) naturalKnox4 is just really nice. (+1000)
    all of em

Originally Posted by naturalKnox4 View Post
    all of em
    all of what?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    If you have been eating well in the days leading up to the match, you don't need to worry about what you have immediately beforehand... digestion speed is much slower and energy reserves are much larger than most people seem to think.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    If you have been eating well in the days leading up to the match, you don't need to worry about what you have immediately beforehand... digestion speed is much slower and energy reserves are much larger than most people seem to think.
    I suppose your right, but im just looking for an edge since pre-season really doesn't suit me well, and i don't want to look bad by finishing last or even worse, not being able to finish and throwing up
    I need to know how to avoid feeling bloated etc since thats a recipe for disaster

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What you eat and when you eat it can greatly affect your performance.

You have to figure out what foods you digest well/easily and how long before you play to eat them. Everyone is different so you have to experiment.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50) benburger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This^

Just make sure you have a good meal a few days and especially the night before. The day of just eat something your comfortable with 3-4 hours before competition so your stomach can settle.
    How's your burger, bro?

BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did not read. repped for rugby

Flanker fur life
    For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle

Cheers!

Originally Posted by benburger View Post
    This^

Just make sure you have a good meal a few days and especially the night before. The day of just eat something your comfortable with 3-4 hours before competition so your stomach can settle.
    My training starts at 9am, should i get up to 5am to eat? im dedicated but thats a bit much lol

BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) BumbleBuzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sethanda View Post
    My training starts at 9am, should i get up to 5am to eat? im dedicated but thats a bit much lol
    Eat a huge meal the night before with fat/carbs. Wake up eat some proteenz, just a light snack adn you should be ready to rock. recommend like two hours before. Once you start your workout all of your blood goes to the muscles and slows digestion tremendously so yeah
    For he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle

Cheers!