wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I got a couple of questions please answerrrr!!!!!!

when doing squats it hurts on my neck even thoe I use pads why?

I kno u are suppose to give ur muscles a break but should I do like 30 pushups every morning or should I do it like every two mornings?

I'm 16 and can only bench press 95 ,I need to boost that I'm very embaressed.tips?

When I do deadlifts and such I can't keep my back straight why?
    New to weightlifting and trying to improve
    Squat 135 x12
    Bench 135 x12

CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CptnAwesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wiggahigga View Post
    when doing squats it hurts on my neck even thoe I use pads why?

I kno u are suppose to give ur muscles a break but should I do like 30 pushups every morning or should I do it like every two mornings?

I'm 16 and can only bench press 95 ,I need to boost that I'm very embaressed.tips?

When I do deadlifts and such I can't keep my back straight why?
    Don't use a pussy pad and don't put the bar on your neck directly; ideally it should go on your rear delts if you're doing low bar squats.

30 pushups isn't going to do anything. If you're lifting weights on a regular basis and following a plan, though, that should be enough; there's no need to do pushups.

Keep adding weight to the bar whenever you can. Eat a lot. Look into doing Starting Strength. Adding weight consistently is key; I was benching 135x3 2 months ago and now I'm up to 185x3.

You're using too much weight for deadlifts. Focus on form using a light weight and build up from there. Adding 30 lbs suddenly is going to mess up your form; add weight in small increments. Again, look into Starting Strength.

All in all, do Starting Strength. Check your ego at the door. Watch Rippetoe's form vids on YouTube if you're unsure on how to perform an exercise.

And if I wasn't clear, do Starting Strength. It helped me a ton, and if you eat enough it'll help you shoot your numbers up tremendously.

wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiggahigga has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anybody else?
    New to weightlifting and trying to improve
    Squat 135 x12
    Bench 135 x12

Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100) Shane30794 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Do some shrugs. Build up your traps

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CptnAwesome View Post
    Don't use a pussy pad and don't put the bar on your neck directly; ideally it should go on your rear delts if you're doing low bar squats.

30 pushups isn't going to do anything. If you're lifting weights on a regular basis and following a plan, though, that should be enough; there's no need to do pushups.

Keep adding weight to the bar whenever you can. Eat a lot. Look into doing Starting Strength. Adding weight consistently is key; I was benching 135x3 2 months ago and now I'm up to 185x3.

You're using too much weight for deadlifts. Focus on form using a light weight and build up from there. Adding 30 lbs suddenly is going to mess up your form; add weight in small increments. Again, look into Starting Strength.

All in all, do Starting Strength. Check your ego at the door. Watch Rippetoe's form vids on YouTube if you're unsure on how to perform an exercise.

And if I wasn't clear, do Starting Strength. It helped me a ton, and if you eat enough it'll help you shoot your numbers up tremendously.
    essentially this. stop asking for more advice its all here.

buy the starting strength book. read it. implement the program. and watch the gains come. the book is honestly the single best purchase i have made on a book.