Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi CBRob good post , good review and great transformation. You deserve to be pleased with what you achieved. Its satisfying when you follow a programme stick it out to the end and see the rewards. You will always find the few who want to knock your achievements probably because theyve not achieved themselves.
    I had the opposite goals to you and needed to loose weight so i followed the Gethin 12 week transformation and that worked for me and there is plenty on here who will knock that programme . Well done again

massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FutureMiscKing View Post
    nice avi.. do you even lift? negged. op did an amazing job not sure if he said whether or not hes on trt but im literally amazed. ive been doing allpros for a few months and am going to jump on this once im done with this cycle. looks like a solid plan. good job op and good work on the pics

that neg really hurt, i'm sorry for trying to help clueless newbies who are obsessed with the bodybuilding.com section where they post bull**** workouts designed by idiots

I had been doing a 3 day split, but strength gains slowed and then mass gains. So I started All Pros at lower weights and have tried to practive perfect form (will post videos eventually), with the intent on sticking with it a few cycles to break through my plateau in strength. I am also trying to gain as much mass as possible without injuring myself in the meantine so All Pros seems to be the best bet for me right now.
    1st Cycle #'s
    Squat: 185
    Bench: 130
    Bent Row: 110
    lol at asking people if they lift though, especially with those #'s and avi

and you want to switch from AllPros to an inferior routine, thats funny. Do you think you will magically get size when you are only benching 130 lbs? tard

maybe you should just head back to misc where all the other ****s who don't even lift are

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by massivegiraffe1 View Post
    that neg really hurt, i'm sorry for trying to help clueless newbies who are obsessed with the bodybuilding.com section where they post bull**** workouts designed by idiots

and you want to switch from AllPros to an inferior routine, thats funny. Do you think you will magically get size when you are only benching 130 lbs? tard

maybe you should just head back to misc where all the other ****s who don't even lift are
    Girraffe, you seem so stuck on insisting that any routine in the commercial section has to suck. Please share some links that back up your opinion on 12-15 reps being of no benefit, and that 12 sets of assorted reps for a body part is of no benefit. These are pretty common for body building.

I'm still trying to find the hard facts surrounding routines and muscle mass, but I'm of the opinion right now that most popular routines will work fine if the person gives 100%. The criticism I've gotten so far include things like, you would have gotten the same results with a full body, anything works for 12 weeks, and my favorite "those gains are mostly water and stored nutrients".

I can handle that kind of criticism Can you admit that this routine did give me more size in 12 weeks? That's what Jim said it would do and it delivered. i've decided to give this routine another 12 weeks, and if I stall out on it I'll switch to something else. I'll let my results speak for themselves. Good luck with your leaf eating goals for 2012.
    Last edited by CBRob; 08-14-2012 at 05:02 PM.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i don't think beginners would benefit from the program really

i don't know who would benefit from it either

its too much volume, too low frequency and too low intensity

decent gains but you would've had similar results doing fullbody 3x a week and only 1 set per muscle group

all the programs posted there and the ones called "shortcut" tend to be bull****
    Great last point, which is typically true.
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Great last point, which is typically true.
    But wouldn't bother you if you had people tell you that any program with a name like Growth Stimulus Training has to be bull****?

Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sinaku5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Girraffe, you seem so stuck on insisting that any routine in the commercial section has to suck. Please share some links that back up your opinion on 12-15 reps being of no benefit, and that 12 sets of assorted reps for a body part is of no benefit. These are pretty common for body building.

I'm still trying to find the hard facts surrounding routines and muscle mass, but I'm of the opinion right now that most popular routines will work fine if the person gives 100%. The criticism I've gotten so far include things like, you would have gotten the same results with a full body, anything works for 12 weeks, and my favorite "those gains are mostly water and stored nutrients".

I can handle that kind of criticism Can you admit that this routine did give me more size in 12 weeks? That's what Jim said it would do and it delivered. i've decided to give this routine another 12 weeks, and if I stall out on it I'll switch to something else. I'll let my results speak for themselves. Good luck with your leaf eating goals for 2012.
    yes it appears you have gained mass from being in the gym more while working out with this program.

what you appear to be failing to understand is that people are telling you that it was less of the program and more of your beginner status that accounts for your mass gains.

u seem to think this routine is optimal for your level of training which i think is where a lot of the animosity is coming from.

good progress nonetheless

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But wouldn't bother you if you had people tell you that any program with a name like Growth Stimulus Training has to be bull****?
    No, because they wouldn't have an evidence backed claim. There are no shortcuts in this game, and programs named so are committing false advertising.

Growth Stimulus Training actually provides growth stimulus. No false advertising.

I'm willing to cut Jim some slack for using the word shortcut in his program. He's been writing workouts for a long time, and there are only so many ways to say Hypertrophy Specific Workout. I checked out the GST program in your link. From what I saw you have a 4 day split, up to 12 sets for a body part, and variable reps going as high as the 15-20 range. I bet that program works just fine. I've bookmarked it and will read the rest later.

I'm willing to cut Jim some slack for using the word shortcut in his program. He's been writing workouts for a long time, and there are only so many ways to say Hypertrophy Specific Workout. I checked out the GST program in your link. From what I saw you have a 4 day split, up to 12 sets for a body part, and variable reps going as high as the 15-20 range. I bet that program works just fine. I've bookmarked it and will read the rest later.
    Fair enough. It's just not within my morals to name a program something it's not.

If you decide to try GST, let me know. I supply a personal program design for every single eBook reader and you can count on me responding to your follow up q&a within 24 hours. You support me, I support you.

Website is in my sig sir.

Ryan

massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    all his routines have bull**** names

6 weeks to sick arms

if the routines were any good they wouldn't have time periods on them. Maybe he would feel sorry for anyone who stayed on his routines for more than that long since they are poorly designed

maybe he should name his routine 5 years to sick arms because thats how long its gonna take
    Last edited by massivegiraffe1; 08-14-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Registered Ectomorph FutureMiscKing's Avatar
    FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lol haters gonna hate i guess. btw those were my numbers from my first cycle, which i finished a while ago. also, bench is low but if you read im recovering from a rotator cuff injury and deloaded. bodybuilding isnt about lifting the heaviest weight, its about hypertrophy. but im sure you know that with all the lifting you do. post up a pic ******* i bet my life your fat. post avi or go back where you came from
    Last edited by FutureMiscKing; 08-14-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    ****all pro beginner routine crew****
    ****fade haircut crew****

i rape back

gh15 approved

6 weeks to massive giraffes. hmmmmm sounds pretty ****gy

you wish it took 6 weeks to build massive giraffes

FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FutureMiscKing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    total ******* but im pretty sure hes just a troll. i mean, anyone whos on a bodybuilding website giving other people advice and doesnt post any pics of themself is a joke to me. lololol on his bodyspace his lifts are over 400lb squat and deadlift and like a 250lb bench press. this idiot says he has a 300 barbell row?!?!?!?! seems legit. troll on *******

good work cbrob!

i rape back

gh15 approved

total ******* but im pretty sure hes just a troll. i mean, anyone whos on a bodybuilding website giving other people advice and doesnt post any pics of themself is a joke to me. lololol on his bodyspace his lifts are over 400lb squat and deadlift and like a 250lb bench press. this idiot says he has a 300 barbell row?!?!?!?! seems legit. troll on *******

good work cbrob!
    just because you are stuck at .5x bodyweight bench, and 1x bodyweight deadlift/squat does not mean I am a troll

some people here have been lifting longer than 1/3 months

just because you are stuck at .5x bodyweight bench, and 1x bodyweight deadlift/squat does not mean I am a troll

some people here have been lifting longer than 1/3 months
    ive read over your posts and all youve done since you started here is go from thread to thread bashing peoples routines. its clear your more into powerlifting, but again most people here are interested in BODYBUILDING, natural or otherwise, and arent concerned with hitting 1000 on the big three. does it make you mad i bench 100lbs less than you but still look way better? i can tell it rustles your jimmies. and what rustles my jimmies is you putting down other people on this forum. now like i said, post pics or gtfo

i rape back

gh15 approved

ive read over your posts and all youve done since you started here is go from thread to thread bashing peoples routines. its clear your more into powerlifting, but again most people here are interested in BODYBUILDING, natural or otherwise, and arent concerned with hitting 1000 on the big three. does it make you mad i bench 100lbs less than you but still look way better? i can tell it rustles your jimmies. and what rustles my jimmies is you putting down other people on this forum. now like i said, post pics or gtfo
    you're the one who started by asking if I even lift... usually the people who say that actually lift

i'm not into powerlifting, and 1000 isn't a big accomplishment for a BBer or a PLer.

You don't want to hit 1000 though? Enjoy staying small

Also funny how all the people who don't even look like they lift are talking up "Hypertrophy" routines

seems legit

i rape back

gh15 approved

I found a cool article on rep ranges. http://www.muscleandstrength.com/art...muscle-growth/

very informative. thanks for posting that. i didnt know about high reps and glycogen being related in that way. ive never actually done any lift past 12 reps so thats part of the reason this routine excites me. i think it will really throw off the homeostasis that occurs from constantly lifting in the 8-12 rep range. could be bro science but well see

i rape back

gh15 approved

I found a cool article on rep ranges.
    did you read:
    Moderate rep ranges have consistently been proven in study after study to lead to the greatest amount of growth.

yet there is 2 weeks/4 in "Shortcut to Size" with reps of 12-15 and 9-11

good shortcut isn't it?

did you read:
    Moderate rep ranges have consistently been proven in study after study to lead to the greatest amount of growth.

yet there is 2 weeks/4 in "Shortcut to Size" with reps of 12-15 and 9-11

good shortcut isn't it?
    You mean this: Moderate Reps

This rep range is typically defined as the 6-12 rep range. Moderate rep ranges have consistently been proven in study after study to lead to the greatest amount of growth. The reason that this rep range is so effective for building muscle is because it does a little bit a everything.

I could do S2S and be in that rep range 3 out of 4 weeks, and the 4th week would be 3-5 reps.

I also saw this part:
    So using a variety of reps and loads will have a synergistic effect. Rep ranges are not independent of one another. Improvements in one area will lead to improvements in other areas. This exchange is important to understand when putting the whole picture together.

All rep ranges will increase muscle growth but through different pathways. Therefore all ranges should be utilized, no matter if you are gaining or cutting.

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So using a variety of reps and loads will have a synergistic effect. Rep ranges are not independent of one another. Improvements in one area will lead to improvements in other areas. This exchange is important to understand when putting the whole picture together. All rep ranges will increase muscle growth but through different pathways. Therefore all ranges should be utilized, no matter if you are gaining or cutting.
    This makes perfect sense to me. In fact, I used to ONLY do heavy weights, 3-5 reps last time I worked out regularly (2010). My results were OK...but I really plateaued. My sets were pretty lame...1 warmup, 1 moderate, then 1 heavy til failure. Done. Did that for all exercises, < 20 total reps. I don't think I ever sweated lifting weights lol. Didn't workout the muscles enough for size or endurance. I was fairly strong, got up to 285 max bench (weighed 185)...and that was eating fast food and nachos every day. I did take protein after the workout, but that's all. Max deadlift got to 475 which I'm proud of, b/c my legs were sticks (I couldn't squat "squat", maybe 225-275 with good form. Never could do 315 going all the way down).

Fast forward to today: Just started "Shortcut to size" on Jan 2nd. Ate nothing but bad food for 1.5 years and had quite a gut, took me 6 weeks of daily cardio to get rid of it, lost 12 lbs. Now, onto muscle.

I like the once per week per body part. It gives your body a chance to repair damages more efficiently and completely, IMO. I typically stay sore for many days. I'd rather ensure 100% reparation rather than stop at 90%. With this plan, there is always SOME part of your body being repaired at any one time.

I like the content of this plan. I am staying on the "low end" of his rep ranges. For example, for week 1 12-15 reps, I try to fail by 12 reps. Next week, I'll fail by 9 reps, then 6, then 3. So I"ll be spending half the time at 6 or less reps and heavy weight. That sounds good to me.

I"m ready to raise my personal bar in a big way. I see a lot of guys on here say ".....but my nutrition was less than optimal" when referring to their workout plans. How can you expect to make MAXIMUM gains without proper nutrition? I've kicked all the bad stuff to the garbage can...nothing but good, whole foods and proper supplements. Oh yeah...the final ingredient...intense workouts! When I get to the gym, I'm ready to go to work, not stand around. I'm going to upload pics every 2 weeks on my profile. I think 1 week from now (2 weeks into program) everyone will be able to see some gains on me.

11 weeks from now, we'll all see what this program can do to a person, because I'm leaving NOTHING on the table. The only variable left will be genetics.
    Last edited by corepuncher; 01-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.

corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) corepuncher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just thought I'd post my journal link:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151124533

I'm beginning "Week 3" tomorrow in Shortcut to Size. Will try to have a pic every week or so.

swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) swo11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Right now, I'm at a year of hard and educated lifting and I'm on the first day of the 4th week of the Shortcut to Size program. In 3 weeks: Weight:162lbs-169lbs. Bench: 215x3 to 215x5-6. Curl: Sets of 8 with 80 to sets of 8 with 90. Crazy gains(for a 3-week period) in everything else. If you're plateauing and want to make some new gains, this is a perfect program. Especially if you're bulking. 10/10 for me as well.

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Cool year old debate. I was rooting for the giraffe.

deacap has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You mean this: Moderate Reps

This rep range is typically defined as the 6-12 rep range. Moderate rep ranges have consistently been proven in study after study to lead to the greatest amount of growth. The reason that this rep range is so effective for building muscle is because it does a little bit a everything.

I could do S2S and be in that rep range 3 out of 4 weeks, and the 4th week would be 3-5 reps.

I also saw this part:
    So using a variety of reps and loads will have a synergistic effect. Rep ranges are not independent of one another. Improvements in one area will lead to improvements in other areas. This exchange is important to understand when putting the whole picture together.

All rep ranges will increase muscle growth but through different pathways. Therefore all ranges should be utilized, no matter if you are gaining or cutting.

CB ROB
    I just started the StS 2 weeks ago am very satisfied. I don't think some of the haters actually looked at the WO. Is it the best WO ever nope but its is working. I started out a runner and got tired of everyone commenting how skinny I am 6/1 180 lbs. I have lifted off and on through the years but never got any size. Now at 54 I slowed down on the running (stopped) and doing this with some HIIT once or twice a week. All my lifts went up by 5-10 lbs on the second week and my weight is creeping up now 185. Whats really nice is my waist isn't growing. Keep up the good work and I look at it this way, the guys a DR he knows more than you or I and probably 85% of these people.

chellerose24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Food intake

I am in the 2nd week of the 1st phase and so far I am enjoying the workout Jim plans and love the organised paperwork and app to go with it.
    I am female 152ibs 5ft8 and until recently reached a plateau with my body goals. Decided to stop cutting the calories to shred before my holiday this summer and go in with this plan. I love that I never feel hungry before my next meal, but I am at times worried that all this food will put weight on. I can see that I am already stronger in the gym but I noticed I have put some weight on in my face and upper body. I want to keep at it because I've never done a 'build' muscle cycle before.

To note I calculated my calories based on my lean body mass rather than whole body mass as the thought of 3000+ calories a day sounds unachieveable and very expensive!

Does anyone have any advice or words of comfort to keep me motivated! I don't want to become a fatty when I've done so well to change my overall body shape! I've lost over 7cm off my hips since January!