Goodnight Sweet Prince CashmereEsquire's Avatar
    CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Taking Casein Protein before bed while cutting?

I just started Starting Strength today, so I`m not lifting heavy weights, I know usually I always took Protien before going to bed (this is back when I played Football though and was bulking)

Being that I`m cutting, should I still do this? I`m assuming I should still hit my caloric goal while including the shake correcT? ( ie. My goal is say 1800, but with all my meals and shakes I am still at this goal or under)

who scrawny? dis guy PierogiLord's Avatar
    PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're worried about catabolism, don't be. Studies have shown that a measly 8-10 hours of sleep will do, for all practical purposes, absolutely nothing to your muscle mass. If you need the protein to hit macros, go for it. But don't drink it out of fear of losing muscle.
    Mirin' hard

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” - Buddha

Word.

byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10) byseps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It does not matter when you eat your calories as long as you don't go over. I have been eating most of my calories right before bed since I started cutting (5 months ago) and have lost a total of 55 lb

CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CashmereEsquire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PierogiLord View Post
    If you're worried about catabolism, don't be. Studies have shown that a measly 8-10 hours of sleep will do, for all practical purposes, absolutely nothing to your muscle mass. If you need the protein to hit macros, go for it. But don't drink it out of fear of losing muscle.
    My fear isn't losing muscle, I`m 300 right now so my main concern is losing Fat/weight. I usually go to sleep at 10:30-11 and I wake up at 6 am, every day. I know Casien is slow digesting, but like I said right now I just started my routine so Im not lifting Heavy, I still take my whey within 15 min post work out, I`m just worried of "protien overload" if that even exist, like I said Im not trying to get big right now, just want to slim down/get solid, but I want to make sure my muscles are getting taken care of.

I drink maybe a gallon or a little under of water per day.

who scrawny? dis guy PierogiLord's Avatar
    PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PierogiLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CashmereEsquire View Post
    My fear isn't losing muscle, I`m 300 right now so my main concern is losing Fat/weight. I usually go to sleep at 10:30-11 and I wake up at 6 am, every day. I know Casien is slow digesting, but like I said right now I just started my routine so Im not lifting Heavy, I still take my whey within 15 min post work out, I`m just worried of "protien overload" if that even exist, like I said Im not trying to get big right now, just want to slim down/get solid, but I want to make sure my muscles are getting taken care of.

As long as you hit those macros, you're good to go. Whichever protein suits you is fine.
    Mirin' hard

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.” - Buddha

Word.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

You can eat all of your food whenever, the post workout stuff is a myth to get you to buy more supplements. Sure if you are an athlete getting carbs as fast as possible has an advantage, but thats not you at the moment.
    Dont worry about fast digesting, slow digesting, or any of that stuff, dont spend the extra money on casein either, its unnecessary and even if there was an advantage, it'd take a lifetime to notice any difference.
    The most important thing is calories in vs calories out, specifically calories out > calories in.

Starting Strength is a heavy weight routine designed to build up strength, it works so stick to the program unless you are physically unable to for reasons of injury or being too overweight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    You can eat all of your food whenever, the post workout stuff is a myth to get you to buy more supplements. Sure if you are an athlete getting carbs as fast as possible has an advantage, but thats not you at the moment.
    Dont worry about fast digesting, slow digesting, or any of that stuff, dont spend the extra money on casein either, its unnecessary and even if there was an advantage, it'd take a lifetime to notice any difference.
    The most important thing is calories in vs calories out, specifically calories out > calories in.

Starting Strength is a heavy weight routine designed to build up strength, it works so stick to the program unless you are physically unable to for reasons of injury or being too overweight.
    Soooo, I dont need to take Protein before bed? lol

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No.
    www.grazethesky.com

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nope, get it anytime when it is convenient for you! It might help with your satiety if you eat most of your food at the end of the day or before you sleep so you dont go to bed hungry. Fasting throughout the day is awesome for that, and saves time.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Nope, get it anytime when it is convenient for you! It might help with your satiety if you eat most of your food at the end of the day or before you sleep so you dont go to bed hungry. Fasting throughout the day is awesome for that, and saves time.
    Thanks.

What I usually do is Breakfast, Banana or some kinda fruit for a snack, lunch, power bar or cliff bar as another snack 1-2 hrs before work out, shake after work out, dinner