yodawg321 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

A very confused 16 year old

Okay, well I signed up for the gym a few days ago and the instructor said I should work on all the muscles 5 times a week.

I go home and research this and find out that you have to train each muscle once a week.

Then I see that people train Abs 3 times a week!

So im asking here where all the pros are at, How many times should I train each muscle ( Every muscle) and any tips that I can have of gaining weight.

Thank you!

Bodybuilding Success Coolcicada's Avatar
    Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Coolcicada has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    2 or more.

43 tips can be found in the thread in my signature.
    Misc Cologne Crew

CrudeInstinct has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by yodawg321 View Post
    Okay, well I signed up for the gym a few days ago and the instructor said I should work on all the muscles 5 times a week.

I go home and research this and find out that you have to train each muscle once a week.

Then I see that people train Abs 3 times a week!

So im asking here where all the pros are at, How many times should I train each muscle ( Every muscle) and any tips that I can have of gaining weight.

Thank you!
    Well, I am no pro lol but training all muscles 3 times a week is incorrect. You should train all muscle groups at least once a week, equating to 3-4 workouts every week,

Abs can be trained more often such as twice a week but more than that is not really necessary. Training all muscles 5 times a week is greatly overworking them.

For gaining weight, go into a calorie surplus. Try working out and also eating 500 more calories a day, and then go to 1000 calories if 500 extra is not enough of a gain.

Thanks for the quick replies, so im guessing I should train each muscle TWICE a week and abs maybe three times , correct?

chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000) chrisimundo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CrudeInstinct View Post
    Well, I am no pro lol but training all muscles 3 times a week is incorrect. You should train all muscle groups at least once a week, equating to 3-4 workouts every week,

Abs can be trained more often such as twice a week but more than that is not really necessary. Training all muscles 5 times a week is greatly overworking them.

For gaining weight, go into a calorie surplus. Try working out and also eating 500 more calories a day, and then go to 1000 calories if 500 extra is not enough of a gain.
    Like he stated, he is no pro. OP you can train however many times you like a week just change your volume accordingly
    Mobilize,Strengthen,Breakdown,Repeat

Registered User noodlesfromhell's Avatar
    noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) noodlesfromhell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CrudeInstinct View Post

ever heard of a fullbody workout?

frequency is the key to progress in beginners, OP

every muscle 5 times a week is high though, shoot for 3-4 times/week.

also tips for gaining weight - 1) read stickies in the forum, 2) eat accordingly
    getting my protein through a venflon 24/7 so i don't go catabolic crew

not gonna make it crew

You got a new private msg guinaoum1's Avatar
    guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000) guinaoum1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you could train all your muscles 5 times a week.
    but most people get better results training 2-3 times a week so they can put some volume on it without spending 10hrs at the gym every day
    There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. Friedrich Nietzsche

Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Strudel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Five times a week? Do twice a week. And abs three days a week? I do abs on an off day when I'm itching to workout, and my core is great (maybe not aesthetically, but certainly for swimming).
    Runner, swimmer, cyclist, weight-lifter
    University of Detroit Mercy, Biology/5 Year Physician Assistant

Follow @BlakePArmstrong on Twitter

NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) NegativePounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How old are you? There's no way you'll overtrain if you're around 18 and eat correctly..you should do all body atleast 3 times a week.. Make sure to do all 3 compound exercices too (deadlift, bench press and squats)

randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500) randomMISCr is not very helpful. (-500)
    Only read tittle.

Hope this helps you out.

Hopes this helps you with your decision. Lets hope you stay on a straight line my friend. Pls stay safe.
    5★ Thread Starter.
    I rep back %100 all the time.
    Provide link please.

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    abs 3x/week is a joke.. 2 max
    fukin idiots doing abs every day like its gonna make a difference
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

Okay so 2x for all body muscles, im 16 btw

DBbodybuilding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The major muscle groups like chest, back and legs you only want to work once a week. your biceps and triceps you can work twice. the ab muscles are dense muscles so you can work them more 3 times a week. and focus on your diet. look up some meal plans on here

LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJayD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is some poor advice in this thread. You can train muscles up to 6x per week if you want because you aren't using enough weight to 'overtrain' (this word is thrown around too much).

Look up babylovers starting strength, you will benefit greatly from following this routine for about 6 months.