pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bodybuilding show day reform

I am going to make a statement that may be unpopular with some people but hear me out. I HATE THE NIGHT SHOW IN BODYBUILDING! I think that this is something that holds back the popularity of the sport. I propose that the prejudging be moved to night and make that the main event. Then only the top 3-5 placings would earn the right to do a posing routine.

As a fan of the sport I want to see the action and this happens at pre judging. The way our sport is set up is crazy. Let me put this in terms of another sport. I am also a basketball fan. This would be like me going to an NBA game at night. When I get to the game the announcer says, "right now we are going to have a skills competition with a 3 point and dunk contest. But guess what? It doesn't count for anything". Then the announcer would inform us that the two teams actually played a game this morning when nobody was around, and after all the skills were over he would then let us know who won the game that was played this morning. I would think, why in the hell didn't they play the game in front of me?

I realize that many in attendance at a bodybuilding night show are family members that don't know anything about the sport. How are they ever supposed to figure out what the sport is about if we don't give them a chance. I'd like to think that if someone watched a few prejudgings that they would start to pick up on what is going on. Besides the only time I hear the crowd get really fired up at a night show is during the overall posedown anyway. By the end of a night show everyone is burned out and we have to beg the fans for applause. It makes me a bit sad.

Alberto Nunez and myself have started a fan page as a petition to the promoters and heads of the natty federations. If you feel that bodybuilding would be much better with some change on show day please like the page below.

https://www.********.com/NaturalBody...page_new_likes

Thanks!

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I never knew there was another way to run a show. I believe the IFPA has started this process although they just do all the Pro's, then the amateurs. I competed at the Cape Cod IFPA Gaspari Nutrition Classic and it was run straight through, now waiting. Such a better process for both the supporters and athletes.

Great idea Cliff!
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000) Sporto1633 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I never knew there was another way to run a show. I believe the IFPA has started this process although they just do all the Pro's, then the amateurs. I competed at the Cape Cod IFPA Gaspari Nutrition Classic and it was run straight through, now waiting. Such a better process for both the supporters and athletes.

Great idea Cliff!
    I agree - the way James ran his show was by far the best I have ever been a part of! The amateurs were still going until late in the evening though, as I remember waiting for my client all the way until around midnight (he ended up winning his class and competing for the overall). But, it was definitely favorable to the pros, which was awesome!

Sporto
    Core Nutritionals Sponsored Athlete
    IFPA Professional Natural Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer

pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50) pureintensity will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post

Great idea Cliff!
    Originally Posted by Sporto1633 View Post
    I agree - the way James ran his show was by far the best I have ever been a part of! The amateurs were still going until late in the evening though, as I remember waiting for my client all the way until around midnight (he ended up winning his class and competing for the overall). But, it was definitely favorable to the pros, which was awesome!

Sporto
    Glad you guys are with me. I have been pretty shocked by the immediate response. I have had a few federation heads already contact me and said that they will be watching the page for how people feel so if you can share this page and the idea it would help. I know you guys both coach as well and I just see to many shows where by the end of the night my clients are just ready for it to be done with, let alone their families.

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ******** page is already up and running. Funny how a simple opinion online can spread so fast. I think if enough people shared their opinion on this, things could change.
    http://www.********.com/NaturalBodyb...gShowDayReform
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    ******** page is already up and running. Funny how a simple opinion online can spread so fast. I think if enough people shared their opinion on this, things could change.
    http://www.********.com/NaturalBodyb...gShowDayReform
    Haha! Yeah this thing is taking off pretty quickly. Keep spreading the word and we might be able to get a promoter or two to get on board.