Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Sign of too much protein?

I've started taking a whey protein powder and since then I've noticed more bubbles in my urine it goes away and comes back from time to time. At first I always thought that bubbles in urine was normal, but my friend told me that it's bad when you get bubbles in your urine and it could be because I've started taking whey protein and he recommended that I stop taking it for a while or I could damage my kidneys.

Is this there any truth to this from anyone who has experienced this? Should I stop taking protein powder for a while?

Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Food protein over supplements and powdered protein any day. If you are getting 1g of protein for every pound of lean body mass then there is no point in exceeding or eating anymore protein, but to over do protein by drinking shakes is stupid. If you get enough protein from eating food, forge the protein shake. If you consider the shake one of the ways of reaching you macros then drink it, but don't drink so much of it if your already exceeding your protein. 1.5g protein per pound of lean body mass is the max any person can need, I think so at least, based off what I've read in the stickies.

Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Almogmon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

notsureifsrspost

Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Brien23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Wakaaa View Post
    Food protein over supplements and powdered protein any day. If you are getting 1g of protein for every pound of lean body mass then there is no point in exceeding or eating anymore protein, but to over do protein by drinking shakes is stupid. If you get enough protein from eating food, forge the protein shake. If you consider the shake one of the ways of reaching you macros then drink it, but don't drink so much of it if your already exceeding your protein. 1.5g protein per pound of lean body mass is the max any person can need, I think so at least, based off what I've read in the stickies.
    Thanks. I did some calculations and I think I already know which days to cut off the protein powder. I think maybe I'll just cut it off all together till I get an okay from the doctor. I've never even heard of it, but my friend says it's called proteinuria or something.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brien23 View Post
    I've started taking whey protein and he recommended that I stop taking it for a while or I could damage my kidneys.
    Better stop milk/cheese then too...
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Murdomac101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Better stop milk/cheese then too...
    Oooh man that's a bad one - too much more and you'll have big cubes of cheddar coming out when you p*ss!

daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50) daedaluz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't "take" whey protein, it's not a drug.

Reminds me of people who say "He's on the protein shakes" like its some sort of performance enhancer.

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The research is fairly conclusive in finding no link between habitually 'high' protein intake and problems with kidney function. Unless ofcourse you already have problems with kidney function.
    Yo momma's research methodology is so flawed...

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by RubenOlivares View Post
    The research is fairly conclusive in finding no link between habitually 'high' protein intake and problems with kidney function. Unless ofcourse you already have problems with kidney function.
    This.

Your friend has officially gone full retard OP.

bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've started taking a whey protein powder and since then I've noticed more bubbles in my urine it goes away and comes back from time to time.
    Strong proteinuria. Sound like you have some kind of nephropathy on the go, or in your case, probably pre-eclampsia.

mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000) mattypoole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kahldris View Post
    This.

Your friend has officially gone full retard OP.
    ^^This.
    You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

[IIFYM/Flexible Dieting Crew] - It ain't that hard dummy..

[Former 300+ Crew]

*** Fitness Advice, Tech Reviews and more: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattypaus?feature=guide

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What is your daily protein intake? Without this information, this thread is nothing but speculation and assumption. As several people already said, healthy kidneys have no problem at all dealing with "higher than average" levels of protein intake. It's when there's already an underlying condition that protein intake must consciously be kept lower.

I think maybe I'll just cut it off all together till I get an okay from the doctor.
    Mmm, going to a general practitioner for nutrition advice. Not only will he tell you to toss the protein powder, he'll put you on a low fat diet as well. You know, just to make sure your cholesterol is on the right path for a Lipitor prescription a few years down the line.
    Last edited by MikeK46; 08-05-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    What is your daily protein intake? Without this information, this thread is nothing but speculation and assumption. As several people already said, healthy kidneys have no problem at all dealing with "higher than average" levels of protein intake. It's when there's already an underlying condition that protein intake must consciously be kept lower.

Mmm, going to a general practitioner for nutrition advice. Not only will he tell you to toss the protein powder, he'll put you on a low fat diet as well. You know, just to make sure your cholesterol is on the right path for a Lipitor prescription a few years down the line.
    About 190 - 195. I feel fine no pain or anything I've never even heard of that proteinura until my friend told me. I just noticed that on some days there would be a huge amount of bubbles in my urine which I never had before. I mean yeah I would get bubbles every once in a while, but I noticed an even bigger increase lately of huge bubbles. But overall it happens like 3 or 4 times a month. Sometimes I wonder if it happens because I'm not drinking enough water? I feel healthy overall no fever or vomiting or pain or anything that would make me feel like I'm sick. My friend is the one who brought it up and freaked me out telling me I could get kidney failure if I kept over feeding myself with protein.

Though the bubble thing did start after I began taking whey protein and I also noticed an increase of acne on my left and right temple, but the right side already cleared up the acne on the left side is still there and has been there since I began taking the whey protein which is about 4 months now.

trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No such thing as "too much protein". It's a macronutrient. That's like saying "too much food". Okay well if you started getting 1000g of protein a day and became obese...well...yea.

dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dimmupelto is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've found that if I start ****ting supplement company reps I should throttle back a bit.
    04-09 usmc
    07-08 Operation Iraqi Freedom
    MWSB 372

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat 4.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Proteinzzzz is steroidzzz causing you acne
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321