Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Registered User pandawrestler86's Avatar
    pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pandawrestler86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pandawrestler86 View Post
    Jay Robb's protien whey or egg white both taste great and sweetened with stevia
    *protein

ajax3592 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kgbagent View Post
    I happened to come upon this thread. Since i am an actual doctor let me "weigh" in what maybe most of you have never learned. FYI - this was taught to me by a pathologist who teaches for the BOARD EXAMINATIONS in the USA for medical license to practice on human beings and give you the potential power to possible kill someone. With that being said, let me go ahead and begin.

So the artificial sweeteners such as sucralose, acesulfame etc. - In our body it becomes broken down into a couple compounds. One of those compounds are methanol. Now everyone knows ethanol - alcohol - some of us drink it, get drunk and have a fun time yes? Well, no matter who you are or how big you are or how much "tolerance" you have, 600ml of pure 96% (*No such thing as 100% in nature*) - is enough to kill a human being if ingested within a short time frame. Ethanol is so named because it has 2 carbons in its chemical structure. Methanol has just one. Now the danger of methanol? compared to alcohol and its 600ml lethal dose...... methanol only takes 15ml to make you blind and 30ml to kill you. Methanol is also known as wood alcohol. So if you consume a large amount of these artificial sweeteners, it gets broken down to methanol in your body - and this is why people who have used these over a long long periods of time get opthalmologic (eye) and neurologic (brain) problems.....

Now Stevia - i havent seen or heard or read much about it other than it comes from a leaf and is natural. I cannot give anyone here my two cents on that.
    As for artificial sweeteners - it is poison. But of course the big corporations dont give two ***** about your health or well being, they just want to turn a profit, so of course they wouldn't tell you the truth. Hope this helps who ever comes across this topic again.
    Sincerely,
    Dr. Mathew I.
    Very surprised that a doctor in US (which is the biggest hub for large scale business in name of "medicine" by brainwashing people) is able to rise up and see the truth.

Haha guys, you should really stop quoting "studies" I can assure you no big corporation in today's world is here to help you out, all they care is about how they can profit. If you calculate the most profitable industry in terms of the amount of investment, and the amount of profit margin in sales it is THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY. In fact, US gov is run by corporations and companies. FDA etc. are agencies that ARE made to give a false sense of trust to people so as they can feed the people the stuff that gives max profits to them without anyone raising any eyes, cuz "its FDA approved", bitch.

The medicines that you eat cure only the symptoms of one disease and sow the seeds of another disease so as corporations always remain in business. If they cure you forever in one single dose, their shops will close down mate.

It's high time we rise up from our centuries old sleep and start seeing the other side of the coin. Media, Television, Newspaper are run by corporations and will only show you one side of the coin.

Why do most of our grand-father generation people who never took any vaccinations survive 80-90 years and the post 1980s generations who were on vaccines survive only ~60 years ?

Aah maybe we need another 100 years for the people to wake up, cuz currently everyone is too occupied in their slave-jobs, TVs, and spend their wanna-be lives in hopes of living like that celeb. Guess, the propaganda of keeping population too busy to think is working.

Someone said in this thread, Aspartame is 60 year old, so what even AIDS is >30 years old, and still no-one even knows that it was a man-made disease created in labs of US to kill blacks africans and gay population. But yea that experiment didn't go well and back-fired.

95% supplements have slow killing poisons in them. I'll give you a hint, did your ass ever had a burning feeling while pooping while you were on aspartame/ace-sulfame/sucralose based supplements? That's right, poisons were hurting your delicate ass while they were coming out of your body. That's the reason most of the body-builders on these type of supplements for long get gray hairs pretty soon, and die in their 50s

There is no point building a body that makes you look buffed up on the outside and makes you completely hollow on the inside.
    Last edited by ajax3592; 03-19-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by krisodogg View Post
    are you ****ing kidding me? aspartame has been proven its bad.
    Sucralose has chlorine molecules in it, its not as bad as aspartame, but its still bad.

Wow how did you get to your level without knowing this? thats pretty elementary **** dude. I'm sure i don't need to explain the science behind it.

If there is aspartame or sucralose in this iso stuff you can forget that rofl.. sale loss~
    Aspartme is made of 3 constituent parts: l-aspartic acid, l-phenlylamine and methanol. The former two are found in much greater amounts in steak than any diet soda and the latter, methanol, is found in higher abundance in apples and other fruit.

Now ask yourself this; do you suffer an adverse reaction to steak or apples? If not, then aspartme is fine.

I laugh that you call his knowledge elementary when you have displayed zero knowledge of the compound.

Edit: who bumped an old thread
    You strong like Rambo, look like hero, but your brain just like potato

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    http://scottabel.blogspot.com/2014/0...weeteners.html

No citations, sorry. But something that was on topic that I had just read yesterday.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Warrior Whey by Defense Nutrition
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

Buzz807 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If we were meant to consume artificial sweeteners they would have existed on this earth long ago until we utilized them. But they're artificial so they're obviously not naturally occurring and therefore there has to be negative effects on the human body and it's chemistry. If I didn't have to consume such a high amunt of protein in a day I wouldn't take a single supplement because real food proteins destroy any supplement any day. But unfortunately I can't consume that much food in a day. So it's important to me that I find a high quality protein with only the essentials. What happened to just putting good old sugar into the blend? Like that tiny bit of real sugar really makes a difference?

lol wut u can change this tbarabash's Avatar
    tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tbarabash is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know this is an old thread but for angone looking, I found a good protein with stevia in it. Kaizen protein natural line. Not sure where to get it from in the states but is all over in Canada. Non gmo, free range grass fed cows, tastes a bit bland but does the job

Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Alex562 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dont trust stevia. i want real sugar, thats it. nothing else. anyone know a protein with sugar?

johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnc28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just get NOW Whey Protein Isolate Natural Unflavored and add your own sugar.

Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dewey99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    MuscleTech Iso-Zero is listed as coming soon in the Bodybuilding.com store and should be available by July. It is 97% pure isolate with no artificial colors or flavors.

RIP in Peace

MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MarkP123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Personally, I get extremely bad headaches if I have aspartame. I never have it any more and never will have it.

Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kiennor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by johnc28 View Post
    That's what I use. Mixes with damn near everything. I also use their Dutch chocolate.

valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) valero90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Buzz807 View Post
    If we were meant to consume artificial sweeteners they would have existed on this earth long ago until we utilized them. But they're artificial so they're obviously not naturally occurring and therefore there has to be negative effects on the human body and it's chemistry. If I didn't have to consume such a high amunt of protein in a day I wouldn't take a single supplement because real food proteins destroy any supplement any day. But unfortunately I can't consume that much food in a day. So it's important to me that I find a high quality protein with only the essentials. What happened to just putting good old sugar into the blend? Like that tiny bit of real sugar really makes a difference?
    I've had the same issue. I've did spend a month attempting to eat everything and putting aside supplements. It didn't work out for me because in some situations, there wasn't any time.
    http://myjourneytosupersaiyan.blogspot.com.au/ - My blog on my power lifting progress.

AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AngeloRobb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pandawrestler86 View Post
    Jay Robb's protien whey or egg white both taste great and sweetened with stevia
    Great protein powders. No artificial flavors or sweeteners such as aspartame. 25 grams of protein per serving is awesome too.

poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) poison has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ingredients:
    Whey Protein Fusion (Low Temperature Processed Whey Protein Concentrate {Cow}, Crossflow Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate {Cow}, L-Glutamine), Natural Flavors (Dextrose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silica), Sodium Chloride, Guar Gum, Stevia Leaf Extract, Luo Han Guo Extract, Lecithin
    And also:

Ingredients:
    Protein Blend (Pea Protein Isolate, Rice Protein Isolate, Artichoke Protein Powder), Fructose, Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, Guar Gum, Sodium Chloride, Stevia, Glycine

Team MuscleTech Rep/EMT-B BlueRev's Avatar
    BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlueRev has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Platinum 100% Iso-Zero
    Just sayin, One of the purest on the site.
    Kick.com/beetoxic
    Give me a Follow for some REP

nathancaulford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bacterial FECES LOL

LOL! Chem notes? This is FACT. what i just pasted is the chemical make up of aspartame. ITS PART FECES OF A MICROSCOPIC BACTERIA HAHAHA
    AND YOU SAY ITS SAFE? ....
    Bacteria feces! Awesome!!! Wasn't aware they actually defecated

jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jeanmichelfit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    are you ****ing kidding me? aspartame has been proven its bad.
    Sucralose has chlorine molecules in it, its not as bad as aspartame, but its still bad.

Wow how did you get to your level without knowing this? thats pretty elementary **** dude. I'm sure i don't need to explain the science behind it.

If there is aspartame or sucralose in this iso stuff you can forget that rofl.. sale loss~
    Lol you're so wrong...

ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChanoBatz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Interesting and at times funny thread to read.

I'm left wondering what the obesity and diabetes link is to artificial sweeteners such aspartame. You'd think that people trying not drink sugar laden cans of coke are the ones that would choose diet soda and thus be healthier. Maybe there is a large amount of obese people that switch from coke to diet coke in an effort to lose weight as an easy step but then take it no further?

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't it ion exchanged whey?
    No it is not. Cold temp process micro-filtration process

"Other whey processing technologies using higher temperatures cause irreversible unfolding of the protein fractions that can drastically reduce the biological activity of the protein. Based on solubility at pH of 4.6, ISOFLEX Whey Protein Isolate has a mere 3% denatured proteins, which is approximately 10% less than ion-exchange whey protein isolates and typically less than other microfiltration whey protein isolates. ISOFLEX Whey Protein Isolates also contain up to 12 times more native GMP than ion-exchange whey protein isolates."
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Op salt has chlorine in it, be careful.

LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LuccaBro is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Buzz807 View Post
    If we were meant to consume artificial sweeteners they would have existed on this earth long ago until we utilized them. But they're artificial so they're obviously not naturally occurring and therefore there has to be negative effects on the human body and it's chemistry.
    Nature does not cater to human beings, we adapt. Artificial creations are just another way of adapting to survive.

Fukkin hippies everywhere I go god damn

aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50) aristotleox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnc28 View Post
    This. I throw in a banana, 1 TBSP of PB, cinnamon & almond milk w/ 2 scoops and I love it.
    Νους υγιής εν σώματι υγιεί | ΘΧ | Dub Nation | @aristotleoxx

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Gazbo2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fyi

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    There's nothing wrong with aspartame or sucralose. I don't understand the issue.
    By Dr. Mercola

Soda and other sweetened beverages have been pinpointed as some of the primary culprits in the obesity epidemic.

Recent research1 also suggests that regular soda consumption may increase aggressive behavior in young children. The study found that each incremental increase in daily soft drink servings resulted in a corresponding rise in aggression scores.

In an obvious effort to save the beverage industry, companies like Coca-Cola have rolled out glossy ads touting the myth that you simply need to exercise more to burn off the extra calories. This "conventional wisdom" has been firmly debunked by science. Not all calories count equally...

Coca-Cola has also resorted to fake "infomercials" that look like public service announcements touting the "scientifically proven" safety and benefits of aspartame for those struggling with their weight.

For this, I think they ought to be fined for fraud by the FTC, as research2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 has repeatedly demonstrated that artificial sweeteners actually make you gain equal or more weight than regular sugar. In fact, research has shown that diet sodas may actually double your risk of obesity.

Furthermore, recent research has also demonstrated that aspartame worsens insulin sensitivity to a greater degree than sugar, making it a hidden threat to those trying to manage their diabetes.

Artificial sweeteners of all kinds have been found to wreak havoc in a number of different ways. Aspartame, for example, has a long list of studies indicating its harmful effects to you and your family, ranging from brain damage to pre-term delivery.

Unfortunately, most public health agencies and registered dietitians in the United States still recommend these toxic artificial sweeteners as acceptable and even preferred alternatives to sugar, which is at best confusing and at worst seriously damaging the health of those who listen to this well-intentioned but foolish advice.

Your Brain Is Not Fooled by Non-Caloric Sweetness

According to a report published in the journal Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism,8 diet soda drinkers actually suffer the same exact health problems as those who opt for regular soda, including excessive weight gain, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and stroke.9, 10

Part of the reason why artificial sweeteners don't work as advertised (such as help you lose weight and manage your insulin) relates to the fact that your brain is simply not fooled by sweet taste without accompanying calories. Reporting on such research, FoodNavigator.com11 recently wrote:

"Published in The Journal of Physiology,12 the research findings suggest that our pleasure in consuming sweet solutions is driven in great extent by the amount of energy it provides—revealing that greater 'reward' in the brain is attributed to sugars when compared to artificial sweeteners."

Scientific American13 also recently ran an article explaining the science behind this phenomenon. In a nutshell, when you eat something sweet, your brain releases dopamine, which supplies you with a jolt of pleasure.

Your brain's reward center is activated. The appetite-regulating hormone leptin is also released, which eventually informs your brain that you are "full" once a certain amount of calories have been ingested.

In contrast, when you consume something sweet but non-caloric (i.e. an artificial sweetener), your brain's pleasure pathway is still activated by the sweet taste, but there's nothing to deactivate it, since your body is still waiting for the calories. As a result, you may end up overeating.

Drs Oz and Roizen Weigh in on Artificial Sweeteners

In a recent article in The Oregonian,14 Drs. Mehmet Oz and Mike Roizen discussed these increasingly hard-to-hide issues as well.

"[E]ven with FDA approval, conflicting and often bothersome research about calorie-free sweeteners keeps bubbling to the surface. The latest? Evidence from human studies shows that artificially sweetened drinks are associated with weight gain in adults and teens, and raise risk for diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease.

Some data even suggest that these zero-calorie sips could double the risk for metabolic syndrome, a huge risk factor for diabetes and heart disease. Other recent reports show consumption is linked to higher rates of depression," they write.

The sad fact is, Americans in particular are addicted to sweet flavors, which appears to trigger a complex set of biological systems, pathways, and mechanisms that in the end leads to excess weight gain—whether that flavor comes loaded with calories or not.

In the end, the research tells us that artificial sweeteners are nothing more than a pipe dream when it comes to being a dieter's aid, because contrary to what the marketing campaigns claim, low- or no-calorie artificial sweeteners are more likely to help you pack on the pounds than shed them.

When You See 'Aspartame,' Think 'Formaldehyde'

Of the various artificial sweeteners on the market, aspartame is perhaps one of the most problematic. At least it has the most reported adverse effects. In fact, aspartame is the number one source of side-effect complaints to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), with over 10,000 complaints filed and over 91 symptoms documented that are related to its consumption.

Besides that, there's been persistent suspicions that aspartame may contribute to the development of more serious diseases such as cancer and Alzheimer's, among others.

According to Dr. Russell Blaylock, a retired neurosurgeon who has written three books about the health dangers of excitotoxins (which includes aspartame and MSG), Dr. Adrian Gross, the FDA's toxicologist who examined the aspartame research initially presented to the FDA for approval by G.D. Searle, was "absolutely shocked" at the evidence showing "an enormous increase in tumors, particularly brain tumors."

More recently, a lifetime feeding study published in 201015 found that aspartame induced cancers of the liver and lung in male mice. It was also carcinogenic in male and female rats. Another study of great importance was published just last year. It's the most comprehensive and longest human study— spanning 22 years — that has ever looked at aspartame toxicity. The study evaluated the effect between aspartame intake and cancer, and they found a clear association between aspartame consumption and non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and leukemia.

What might account for such disturbing findings?

The industry has fervently held fast to the myth that aspartame is harmless, claiming there's "no biological explanation" for the health problems reported by so many after consuming aspartame. But this is where they're wrong. According to toxicology expert Dr. Woody Monte, a biological and scientific explanation for aspartame's pathway of harm does indeed exist, and it's related to the effects of methanol and formaldehyde, both of which are extremely toxic.

How Aspartame Can Wreak Havoc with Your Health

Aaspartame is primarily made up of aspartic acid and phenylalanine. The phenylalanine has been synthetically modified to carry a methyl group, which provides the majority of the sweetness. That phenylalanine methyl bond, called a methyl ester, is very weak, which allows the methyl group on the phenylalanine to easily break off and form methanol.

You may have heard the claim that aspartame is harmless because methanol is also found in fruits and vegetables. However, in fruits and vegetables, the methanol is firmly bonded to pectin, allowing it to be safely passed through your digestive tract. Not so with the methanol created by aspartame; there it's not bonded to anything that can help eliminate it from your body. That's problem number one...

Problem number two relates to the fact that humans are the only mammals who are NOT equipped with a protective biological mechanism that breaks down methanol into harmless formic acid. This is why animal testing of aspartame does not fully apply to humans. According to Dr. Monte:

"There is a major biochemical problem here. Methyl alcohol is known now, and has been known since 1940, to be metabolized differently by humans from every other animal.'"

As explained by Dr. Monte, in humans, the methanol ends up acting as a Trojan horse, and here's how. Both animals and humans have small structures called peroxisomes in each cell. There are a couple of hundred in every cell of your body, which are designed to detoxify a variety of chemicals. Peroxisome contains catalase, which help detoxify methanol. Other chemicals in the peroxisome convert the formaldehyde to formic acid, which is harmless, but, again, this last step occurs only in animals. Human peroxisomes cannot convert the toxic formaldehyde into harmless formic acid.

So to recap: In humans, the methyl alcohol travels through your blood vessels into sensitive areas, such as your brain, that are loaded with ADH, which converts methanol to formaldehyde. And since there's no catalase present, the formaldehyde is free to cause enormous damage in your tissues.

Symptoms from methanol poisoning are many, and include headaches, ear buzzing, dizziness, nausea, gastrointestinal disturbances, weakness, vertigo, chills, memory lapses, numbness and shooting pains in the extremities, behavioral disturbances, and neuritis. The most well known problems from methanol poisoning are vision problems including misty vision, progressive contraction of visual fields, blurring of vision, obscuration of vision, retinal damage, and blindness. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen that causes retinal damage, interferes with DNA replication and may cause birth defects.

What's the Healthiest Beverage You Can Drink?

Sweetened beverages, whether it's sweetened with sugar, HFCS, naturally-occurring fructose, or artificial sweeteners, are among the worst culprits in the fight against obesity and related health problems, including diabetes, heart and liver disease, just to name a few. Remember that sweetened beverages also include flavored milk products, bottled teas, and "enhanced" water products.

In my view, I believe it is irresponsibly negligent to flatly ignore the potential impact of artificial sweeteners on our skyrocketing disease rates. Telling people to consume a toxic agent "in moderation" is just reprehensibly negligent. Ditching ALL of these types of beverages can go a long way toward reducing your risk for chronic health problems and weight gain.

Your best, most cost effective choice of beverage is filtered tap water. I strongly recommend using a high-quality water filtration system unless you can verify the purity of your water. To be absolutely certain you are getting the purest water you can, you'll want to filter the water both at the point of entry and at the point of use. This means filtering all the water that comes into the house, and then filtering again at the kitchen sink. I currently use a whole house carbon-based water filtration system, and prior to this I used reverse osmosis (RO) to purify my water.

You can read more about water filtration in this previous article to help you make a decision about what type of water filtration system will be best for you and your family. Since most water sources are now severely polluted, the issue of water filtration and purification couldn't be more important.

Tell Coke They're a Joke!

Obesity is a serious public health problem in the United States, and you are being sorely misled by companies pretending to have a solution that, in reality, only worsen the problem.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol at the trolling
    Controlled Labs Warder

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Registered User danielmicallef9's Avatar
    danielmicallef9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    /yawn

Aspartame: Review of Safety
    The authors dedicate this supplement to the memories of Lewis D. Stegink, Ph.D., and L. J. Filer, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., from the University of Iowa. Their early research on aspartame metabolism in humans formed the basis for much of the future research on aspartame that is discussed in this supplement. Their objectivity and long-standing dedication to science as well as their medical and scientific expertise are greatly missed.
    Harriett H. Butchkoa, 1, W.Wayne Stargelb, C.Phil Comerc, Dale A. Mayhewd, Christian Benninger (EEGs and Cognitive Function in PKU Heterozygotes)e, George L. Blackburn (Appetite, Food Intake, and Weight Control)f, Leo M.J. de Sonneville (Neuropsychological Function and Phenylalanine)g, Raif S. Geha (Allergy)h, Zsolt Hertelendy (Liver Disease)i, Adalbert Koestner (Brain Tumors)j, Arthur S. Leon (Long-Term Safety in Humans)k, l, George U. Liepa (Renal Disease)m, Kenneth E. McMartin (Methanol)n, Charles L. Mendenhall (Liver Disease)o, Ian C. Munro (Preface)p, Edward J. Novotny (Seizures and EEGs)q, Andrew G. Renwick (Preface)r, Susan S. Schiffman (Headaches)s, Donald L. Schomer (Neurochemistry, Seizures and EEGs, Behavior, Cognitive Function, and Mood)t, Bennett A. Shaywitz (Behavior, Cognitive Function, Mood in Children, Seizures, and EEGs)u, Paul A. Spiers (Behavior, Cognition, and Mood)v, Thomas R. Tephly (Methanol)w, John A. Thomas (Metabolism and Endocrine)x, Friedrich K. Trefz (Phenylketonuria)y
    a Medical and Scientific Affairs, The NutraSweet Company, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    b Research and Development, The NutraSweet Company, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    c Graystone Associates, Inc. Macon, Georgia
    d Regulatory Affairs, The NutraSweet Company, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
    e Department of Pediatrics, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
    f Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
    g Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology, Vrije Universiteit, Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    h Division of Immunology, The Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
    i Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
    j Department of Veterinary Biosciences, Ohio State University School of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
    k Division of Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota
    m Department of Human, Environmental, and Consumer Resources, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
    n Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, Louisiana
    o Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Digestive Diseases Section, Cincinnati, Ohio
    p Cantox Health Sciences, Inc. Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    q Department of Pediatrics and Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
    r Department of Pharmacology, University of Southampton, Southampton, United Kingdom
    s Department of Psychiatry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
    t Department of Neurology, Division of Neurophysiology and Epilepsy, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
    u Departments of Pediatrics, Neurology, and Child Study, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
    v Department of Psychiatry, Boston University School of Medicine, and Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston, Massachusetts
    w Department of Pharmacology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
    x Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
    y Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Reutlingen, University of Tübingen, Reutlingen, Germany
    Received 8 January 2002. Available online 28 June 2002.

Abstract
    Over 20 years have elapsed since aspartame was approved by regulatory agencies as a sweetener and flavor enhancer. The safety of aspartame and its metabolic constituents was established through extensive toxicology studies in laboratory animals, using much greater doses than people could possibly consume. Its safety was further confirmed through studies in several human subpopulations, including healthy infants, children, adolescents, and adults; obese individuals; diabetics; lactating women; and individuals heterozygous (PKUH) for the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU) who have a decreased ability to metabolize the essential amino acid, phenylalanine. Several scientific issues continued to be raised after approval, largely as a concern for theoretical toxicity from its metabolic components—the amino acids, aspartate and phenylalanine, and methanol—even though dietary exposure to these components is much greater than from aspartame. Nonetheless, additional research, including evaluations of possible associations between aspartame and headaches, seizures, behavior, cognition, and mood as well as allergic-type reactions and use by potentially sensitive subpopulations, has continued after approval. These findings are reviewed here. The safety testing of aspartame has gone well beyond that required to evaluate the safety of a food additive. When all the research on aspartame, including evaluations in both the premarketing and postmarketing periods, is examined as a whole, it is clear that aspartame is safe, and there are no unresolved questions regarding its safety under conditions of intended use.

Might not want to pop off at the mouth to someone (me) who knows much more than you and can back it up with actual citations. Do i need to do the same for sucralose? I will if you're going to be stupid again.

Dude most of your citations are from NutraSweet, the company producing Aspartame. Do you really believe that there is no agenda behind their 'studies'?

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by danielmicallef9 View Post
    Dude most of your citations are from NutraSweet, the company producing Aspartame. Do you really believe that there is no agenda behind their 'studies'?
    Find one human study showing harm with moderate oral intake.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50) anshulvj will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I completely agree with you

Warning to aspartame consumers
    We can only guess and read between the lines what kind of politics it took to get aspartame approved. After more than 8,000 complaints on Nutrasweet side effects, a list of symptoms attributed to aspartame from complaints submitted to the FDA was made public. This list included among others: hallucinations, diarrhea, seizures, depression, migraine, fatigue and insomnia. Aspartame has also been linked to tumors, cancer and infertility.

Except for a brief declaration that carefully controlled clinical studies showed aspartame is not an allergen, the FDA merely issued an advisory that products containing aspartame must include a warning to phenylketonurics, people sensitive to the compound phenylalanine. It still continues to adhere to its stand that "aspartame as a carcinogen is not supported by data."

Aspartame was never tested on humans before its approval. Now, it is found in 6,000 products and consumed by more than 250 million people, with Americans consuming around half of the world supply. By default, we have now become the test subjects for aspartame's safety. Unwittingly we are providing evidence to aspartame's toxicity through the devastating effects it is slowly producing among its consumers. The list of complaints submitted to the FDA as well as from anecdotal reports does not seem to end anytime soon. If the government chooses to turn a blind eye on aspartame, let us at least choose not to be a willing conspirator and suffer the consequences of being a willing victim.

Sources for this article:

Can't post links cos im under 50 posts. But look around yourself.

.. Don't know where you pulled yours from. Seems legit, but it IS wrong.

As for sucralose, uhhh pass elementary chemistry plox?
    it has chlorine > carcinogen > cancer.

The fact artificial sweeteners trick the body into craving food as the body is waiting for sugar when the signal from your taste buds hits your brain not withstanding.

I mean if you have out standing will power you could resist it, but its very uncomfortable.
    I completely agree with you. Aspartame, Sucralose, Reb A etc etc...are the artificial sweetners that give you fewer calories and a lot worse side-effects. Forget Aspartame; it is proven to be harmful. The people who support Aspartame either have vested interest in selling it, or have cherry picked facts to support their own ideas (coz maybe they bought 15 lbs of protein with aspartame for a lot of $ that they HAVE to consume!). Consider sucralose that is also assumed to be safer than Aspartame. It is proven (google this s***) that it contributes to weight gain instead of weight loss, can cause diarrhea, headaches etc, and moreover, causes in 50% loss of the *good* bacteria in your intestine. And I realized this after I bought a 5 lbs jar of ON Whey isolate with sucralose. Trust me when I tell you this, the "Whey to go" that I bought from whole foods has a lot more beet sugar (natural sugar), tastes better, did not cause any fat gain for 3 months when I tried it. And it felt good! The moment I tried ON, it sucked! I'm gonna throw away the ON and stick with the natural sugar. I'd rather ADD cane sugar to my unflavored whey drink to make it taste better, than drink something with artificial sweeteners.
    It's always better to google each and every component of your ingredient. Because even though ON says it contains "sugar", it also contains "Reb A" which is again not the same as eating stevia leaves (which is probably more healthy than adding Reb A to an "All Natural" whey).

Originally Posted by anshulvj View Post
    I completely agree with you. Aspartame, Sucralose, Reb A etc etc...are the artificial sweetners that give you fewer calories and a lot worse side-effects. Forget Aspartame; it is proven to be harmful. The people who support Aspartame either have vested interest in selling it, or have cherry picked facts to support their own ideas (coz maybe they bought 15 lbs of protein with aspartame for a lot of $ that they HAVE to consume!). Consider sucralose that is also assumed to be safer than Aspartame. It is proven (google this s***) that it contributes to weight gain instead of weight loss, can cause diarrhea, headaches etc, and moreover, causes in 50% loss of the *good* bacteria in your intestine. And I realized this after I bought a 5 lbs jar of ON Whey isolate with sucralose. Trust me when I tell you this, the "Whey to go" that I bought from whole foods has a lot more beet sugar (natural sugar), tastes better, did not cause any fat gain for 3 months when I tried it. And it felt good! The moment I tried ON, it sucked! I'm gonna throw away the ON and stick with the natural sugar. I'd rather ADD cane sugar to my unflavored whey drink to make it taste better, than drink something with artificial sweeteners.
    It's always better to google each and every component of your ingredient. Because even though ON says it contains "sugar", it also contains "Reb A" which is again not the same as eating stevia leaves (which is probably more healthy than adding Reb A to an "All Natural" whey).
    this is an insane amount of pseudoscience, paranoia and conspiracy theory

Have you even seen what cane sugar does at equivalent dosages to the ones used in these artificial sugar studies? lol
    Controlled Labs Warder

lucymazurek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Some of us are allergic to some degree to artificial sweeteners....

There's nothing wrong with aspartame or sucralose. I don't understand the issue.
    "Tab" pop gave me a severe stomach ache at age 9 (first and last can I ever drank). High fructose corn syrup isn't "natural" as I react to that too. Safer just to get the protein powder, add my own sugar. "flavors added" scare the hell out of me as it often means a chemical aftertaste - they get to put in whatever is cheapest to get it to taste sweet and that's something I am going to regret drinking.