wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wills77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

paraplegic shoulder pain - need help

I'm a c6 quadriplegic paralyzed from the armpits down and have limited hand function. I'm going to explain this the best I can. I've been getting really bad pain lately only in my left side shoulder, side of neck, and back. I think its from the way I transfer out of the passenger side of my fiances car. My chair is a lot higher than the seat so I put one leg outside of the car, lift over to the edge of the seat, put my left arm on the roof/windshield post which is putting my arm up above my head and my right hand on my chair cushion. Then really fast I lift myself up and over onto my chair. Then pull my other leg out etc. Imagine the picture just with the door open and a actual person.

What muscles am I using for lifting my self like that and what workouts can I do to build them up to make it easier and keep from getting painful. All my other transfers are easy and when I'm getting out of the drivers side of my car I do it a different way without putting my arm on the roof.
    Attached Images

Registered User WrestleStrength's Avatar
    WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WrestleStrength has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Tricep, bicep, shoulders, and lats and your main muscles used.
    DO....OR DO NOT....THERE IS NO "TRY"

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it could be a nerve issue as well. Peyton Manning is having a lot of problems with arm strength and discomfort from his neck surgery due to teh nerve damage. All the best for being truly hardcore, check with a doc or PT I'm certain this wont stop you.