LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10) LeanDario is on a distinguished road. (+10)

substitute brown rice for whole wheat pasta?

Instead of having every meal or most of my meals with brown rice, could I use whole wheat pasta? or even a brown rice cake every now and then? I am just curious.
    " Pain is temporary but Pride is forever, yet pain is so close to pleasure because the pain I feel today, shall be the strength I feel tommorrow."

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    of course you can. You can even use white rice if you wanted *gasp*

gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    Technically, yes.

They're both complex carbohydrate sources but the only difference is that whole wheat pasta has gluten where the brown rice does not. Most people have gluten issues, including myself, so I opt out of anything that contains it.

Another option to mix up your complex carbohydrate sources is to try yams or sweet potatoes or Ezekiel bread.

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "Layne Norton: No, there is no reason one can’t have white rice, white bread, or the like when trying to lose fat. Most people are so concerned about the glycemic index of these foods that they don't realize the glycemic index is only measured when a carb source is eaten by itself. If you combine the carb source with a protein, fat, and fiber found in a complete meal, the glycemic index is essentially blunted and washed out by the other foods. So if you want white rice, you can have it..."
    Yo momma's research methodology is so flawed...

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gb8719 View Post
    Most people have gluten issues...
    Do you happen to have anything to back that up, preferably from a peer-reviewed published journal?

sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500) sevd is not very helpful. (-500)
    Do you happen to have anything to back that up, preferably from a peer-reviewed published journal?
    He's going to go check every person in the world to see wether they have gluten issues .

desertadv has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Technically, yes.

Most people have gluten issues
    Oh really??

joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500) joe17little is not very helpful. (-500)
    they make pasta thats made from brown rice. so you could do both!

haha

gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gb8719 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by desertadv View Post
    Oh really??
    My error. That should say "some" people.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by desertadv View Post
    Oh really??
    Apparently this isn't far from the truth...according to the book What Belly. I'm reading through it now and although I'm not educated enough to know whether the author's points are valid, he tries to build the case against wheat and gluten. His beliefs and studies show that MANY people suffer ill effects from gluten. Not sure whether I believe it yet...

I apologized for over-speaking and saying "most" rather than "some" or "few."

There is a ton of information on the web regarding the problems with gluten that a lot of people have but are unaware of. I'd love to post some links, but I'm still under my minimum 50 post count so that won't work.

I've had to do a lot of of reading about gluten since I found out years after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism that I have a hard time digesting it.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I apologized for over-speaking and saying "most" rather than "some" or "few."

There is a ton of information on the web regarding the problems with gluten that a lot of people have but are unaware of. I'd love to post some links, but I'm still under my minimum 50 post count so that won't work.

I've had to do a lot of of reading about gluten since I found out years after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism that I have a hard time digesting it.
    Interesting...DH has hypothyroidism and I came across an article the other day about the effects on gluten on someone with a thyroid problem. I suggested to DH that he try cutting out gluten and he thinks he doesn't need to because he doesn't FEEL any ill effects.

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Interesting...DH has hypothyroidism and I came across an article the other day about the effects on gluten on someone with a thyroid problem. I suggested to DH that he try cutting out gluten and he thinks he doesn't need to because he doesn't FEEL any ill effects.
    Hypothyroidism is one of those things where the symptoms are different for everyone. I have a difficult time with managing my temperature, digesting food, and weight loss while my father, who also has hypothyroidism, has a hard time sweating and raising his heart rate while working out and has no difficulty losing weight.

It could be possible that DH does not have any particular issues with gluten or it could be that he hasn't removed gluten from his diet long enough to feel any different. From what I understand, it takes a considerable amount of time for traces of gluten to be removed from the body and for the side effects to be removed. One of the most noticeable things for me is serious bloating and water retention. That's not exactly something you'd have noticed if it has always been that way.

esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by LeanDario View Post
    Instead of having every meal or most of my meals with brown rice, could I use whole wheat pasta? or even a brown rice cake every now and then? I am just curious.
    haha yeah it's a personal preference though. i feel i have a lil bit of a gluten allergy so when i'm dieting i try to stay as gluten free as possible. personal preference though...

Hypothyroidism is one of those things where the symptoms are different for everyone. I have a difficult time with managing my temperature, digesting food, and weight loss while my father, who also has hypothyroidism, has a hard time sweating and raising his heart rate while working out and has no difficulty losing weight.

It could be possible that DH does not have any particular issues with gluten or it could be that he hasn't removed gluten from his diet long enough to feel any different. From what I understand, it takes a considerable amount of time for traces of gluten to be removed from the body and for the side effects to be removed. One of the most noticeable things for me is serious bloating and water retention. That's not exactly something you'd have noticed if it has always been that way.
    Thanks for the info. DH issues are that he seats a lot, has trouble gaining weight, and his feet and hands are always cold. Coincidentally I insisted he go get his blood re-tested this week because he weight trains and has nothing to show for it and I suspect his thyroid is to blame.

Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Technically, yes.

They're both complex carbohydrate sources but the only difference is that whole wheat pasta has gluten where the brown rice does not. Most people have gluten issues, including myself, so I opt out of anything that contains it.

Another option to mix up your complex carbohydrate sources is to try yams or sweet potatoes or Ezekiel bread.

Rice is gluten free.

tdander26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdander26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdander26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdander26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tdander26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Haveboards View Post
    Rice is gluten free.
    ^^^^

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    but he won't be a bodybuilder brahhh

yes OP you can which for whole wheat pasta (tastes better than brown rice too)
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321