ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile How to choose my first show?

I definitely want to do a natural show but I'm not sure if there is one in my area. I'd rather not have to travel due to already probably being a nervous wreck.

How did you find your 1st show?
    What process did you go through?
    How did you know it was the right one to start with?

Thanks in an advance for the feedback guys - I'm looking to compete in 2014.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ilovegreg05 View Post
    I definitely want to do a natural show but I'm not sure if there is one in my area. I'd rather not have to travel due to already probably being a nervous wreck.

How did you find your 1st show?
    What process did you go through?
    How did you know it was the right one to start with?

Thanks in an advance for the feedback guys - I'm looking to compete in 2014.
    In my opinion the right show is one which is relatively close to you, will have some decent competition and is well run. I attended a few local shows and found out about the Novice class. For me this is what decided it. From there I planned to compete the following year in the Novice class and it really helped me with my training all year. I contacted the promoter and told him i wanted to compete. He actually called me back and met with me to talk about all the things that go into competing. Posing, color, getting lean and so from there I hired the proper coaches. I knew it was right because it felt exciting and I couldn't wait.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovegreg05 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    In my opinion the right show is one which is relatively close to you, will have some decent competition and is well run. I attended a few local shows and found out about the Novice class. For me this is what decided it. From there I planned to compete the following year in the Novice class and it really helped me with my training all year. I contacted the promoter and told him i wanted to compete. He actually called me back and met with me to talk about all the things that go into competing. Posing, color, getting lean and so from there I hired the proper coaches. I knew it was right because it felt exciting and I couldn't wait.
    Thanks! I think I will visit some shows that are coming up in my area soon and MIGHT compete in them next year. But 2014 looks to be my year depending on how successful of an off season I have.

The only downfall is the only local shows for me are NPC shows and I don't believe they're as "restricted" as other leagues such as NGA..etc.