Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by simonaquitania View Post
    Hey, I'm really new to body building and I am 5'6 145 lbs. 20% BF. I really want to build muscle, drop my BF to 10% or even lower, most likely be 135 - 145 depending on what size I want. What do you think how I should approach this to reach my goal? I do eat 5 - 6 meals a day, high protein and carbs low fat. I lift weights Mon - Friday split routines and will be adding LISS and HIIT. If you can help me I would really appreciate your advice.

Looks and sounds to me like you are on the right path!! keep doing what you are doing! And remember, that patience will be one of your key elements in your training that will keep you focused. The stronger your patience is.... the longer life you will have with bodybuilding.
    The only element that i can see in your plan is the bodybuildsing supplements! Infinite Labs is what I use! Currently I am starting my off season training and I have designed my supplement plan to gain some muslce and strength. Infinite Labs has all the supplements I need for this to happen!

Hope this helps!
    Stan

StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ndog View Post
    Hi Stan I had a question I have been really wanting to ask a pro I would appreciate it if you could answer! Have you ever had any joint problems or pain with the muscle you put on? Myself having some elbow pain I am really interested to hear any suggestions you might have my doctor says not to worry about it but I would like your take on it. Thank you so much for posting here great physique!!!
    First of all, time to find a new doctor if he blows you off like that suggesting not to worry about it. Joint problems and pain with muscles you put on are all too common when it comes to training and lifting weights. I have many joint and inflamation thruout my career, but I have NEVER taken it lightly. I am a firm believer of old school ICE THERAPY, various massaging techniques, stretching and of of course.......sports supplements in particular items such as JOINT SUPPORT by Infinite Labs which have been amazing in helping rid of "crakling and grinding" associated with dry or inlfammed joints. Fish Oils have been another amazing supplement I have added to my list.

Originally Posted by Pandaepic View Post
    Hi Stan, I don't know if this has been asked already, when did you start lifting?
    I have been in the gym exercising ever since I can remember. Lifting weights I started doing on a regular basis when I was a senior in high school. I have now been lifting for over 20 years!!

Originally Posted by yangmengbi View Post
    Thank you for your detailed answer Stan ! You are very patient and professional !

I got another question here, Pls help

After 5 years training, I have noticed that there are some tricks in every single exercise that will help you put most of the stress on your muscle bellies. I personally think its the key separating pros and amateurs. For example, during squat, the trainee should bend knees 1st and then try to pretend there is a chair underneath and simulate the form of "sitting down" and also try not bend lower back or leaning forward as much as possible. I could be wrong on these tricks but these tricks works for me better than "strength training anatomy". I believe bodybuilding is not as simple as moving weight from position A to position B. In my opinion, every single exercise got 2 ways to perform. One bodybuilding way and one powerlifting way. Pls Correct me if I am wrong.

My question is how do you do bent over row? What is your key tricks on bent over row?

Thanks !!!
    My friend, for having only 5 years of training experience, you are WAY AHEAD of the curve when it comes to the basic science about training the muscle. But in actuality there are more than just 2 ways to perform...... there are actually many. But the only ONE'S than matter, are the ones than you recognize and feel the difference in. This is not an exact science, but lift smart and come up with your own theories based on what you have used on yourself....... don't just rely on what you may have read in some magazine.

**Bent Over Rows...... you didn't mention single DB rows or BB rows since these two are the most common of "bent over" rows. But I will say for BOTH versions of bent over rows I will imagine my quads are the shocks of my body, obsorbing most of the weight to keep me balanced, not my lower back. Sitting so that my hips are centered over in alignment with my knees, I will have a better center of gravity and have a better POWER ZONE. Keeping the back arched and chest broadened and upward I will in a controlled manor raise the weight up and down using the least amount of arm work to pull the weight and focussing more on just the lat muscle pulling and the grip strength staying firm but not to overpowering to where my forearms will give up to quick. I think you get the picture!

Stan!

anonymous
    Hi Stan.

I just wanted to ask if you and the other pro's are aware that you are competing against a different being. As you may have noticed, Branch Warren looks very much like a gremlin, well I can confirm he is in fact a gremlin. Do you think it is fair considering he came 5th in the Mr. Olympia this year? I don't think it is, gremlins shouldn't be placing so high.

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StanMcQuayIFBB View Post
    First of all, time to find a new doctor if he blows you off like that suggesting not to worry about it. Joint problems and pain with muscles you put on are all too common when it comes to training and lifting weights. I have many joint and inflamation thruout my career, but I have NEVER taken it lightly. I am a firm believer of old school ICE THERAPY, various massaging techniques, stretching and of of course.......sports supplements in particular items such as JOINT SUPPORT by Infinite Labs which have been amazing in helping rid of "crakling and grinding" associated with dry or inlfammed joints. Fish Oils have been another amazing supplement I have added to my list.
    Taking the proper supplements to help with my joints and I can also add that consistency with joint support supplements is key!
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

Originally Posted by ChrisMisc View Post
    Hi Stan.

I just wanted to ask if you and the other pro's are aware that you are competing against a different being. As you may have noticed, Branch Warren looks very much like a gremlin, well I can confirm he is in fact a gremlin. Do you think it is fair considering he came 5th in the Mr. Olympia this year? I don't think it is, gremlins shouldn't be placing so high.
    Well Dexter Jackson looks like a Ninja Turtle, and he did win one Mr. Olympia title! So I really don't see why a Gremlin can't win!

Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well Dexter Jackson looks like a Ninja Turtle, and he did win one Mr. Olympia title! So I really don't see why a Gremlin can't win!
    dex is one aesthetic ninja turtle though lol. i've got a few questions if you don't mind. do you have a favourite bodybuilder? and if so who? my biceps are lagging so i'm thinking about hitting them twice a week; like once on back day and then hit them three days later with abs. do you think that would help or just be counter productive? thanks for being here and giving advice to us bro it's greatly appreciated.
    Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Cedric McMillan, Lionel Beyeke, Shawn Rhoden

"Looking up at goals once only found in my dreams can only make me think of those who looked down upon those dreams. The only time you should ever look down upon another person, is when you are extending a hand to lift them up." - kai greene

Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    dex is one aesthetic ninja turtle though lol. i've got a few questions if you don't mind. do you have a favourite bodybuilder? and if so who? my biceps are lagging so i'm thinking about hitting them twice a week; like once on back day and then hit them three days later with abs. do you think that would help or just be counter productive? thanks for being here and giving advice to us bro it's greatly appreciated.
    My favorite bodybuilder's physique is Chris Cormier! Not because he is a good friend of mine, but he truly was one of the few BIG GUYS with AESTHETIC'S and CRAZY SYMMETRY!!! Hard to combine combination! The next two would be Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray. I admire a few others, but I would say everyone knows these Hall of Famers.

Regarding your biceps...... counter prodcutive would be not training them how you suggest! Or not being creative and mixing your styles of training up to constantly confuse the muscle. As long as your eat properly to both build the muscle as well as help repair the muscle, you won't overtrain. Take supplements like Glutamine MTX which Infinite Labs makes!!! This product has a combinations of different Glutamines to help speed the process of muscle recovery as well as help preventing Catabolism of the muscle!

Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My favorite bodybuilder's physique is Chris Cormier! Not because he is a good friend of mine, but he truly was one of the few BIG GUYS with AESTHETIC'S and CRAZY SYMMETRY!!! Hard to combine combination! The next two would be Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray. I admire a few others, but I would say everyone knows these Hall of Famers.

Regarding your biceps...... counter prodcutive would be not training them how you suggest! Or not being creative and mixing your styles of training up to constantly confuse the muscle. As long as your eat properly to both build the muscle as well as help repair the muscle, you won't overtrain. Take supplements like Glutamine MTX which Infinite Labs makes!!! This product has a combinations of different Glutamines to help speed the process of muscle recovery as well as help preventing Catabolism of the muscle!
    nice. flex and shawn should have won at least one sandow each in their career. i mean a few would argue that the 93' flex wheeler is the best physique to ever hit any stage. imo wheeler, ray, levrone even el sonbaty should have beat dorian and ronnie but unfortunately mass was the game. i'm kinda like ray in that i don't believe size just for the sake of size should win. thanks for your advice on my biceps! much love from texas.
    Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Cedric McMillan, Lionel Beyeke, Shawn Rhoden

"Looking up at goals once only found in my dreams can only make me think of those who looked down upon those dreams. The only time you should ever look down upon another person, is when you are extending a hand to lift them up." - kai greene

AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10) AnabolicFyre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey wats up Stan?

Was wondering what you opinion is on coming out of a 16 week contest diet which followed DAve palumbos keto diet philosophy and how you would re introduce carbs to not become a fat ass in the off season, thanks.

diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50) diomidis1984 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome thread,well done Stan !!! I am 9 days out before my competition (200 lbs right now)...i'm eating 350 gr protein,150 gr carbs and some fats...can i keep the fats (2 yolks,1 avocado) during depletion and carb load ? Thanks man,you are a role model for many people (myself included) !!!

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    INSPIRATIONAL physique! what do u think about a 60f,35p,5c ketogenic diet? iv been on a very high fat moderate protein no carb diet for 2 weeks and the cm are dropping! do you think carb ups will benefit fat loss as well? thanks alot man

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great Thread Stan! When is your next show?
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamesw46 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Stan, im a new fan since i saw pictures of you with ifbb pro Joe Palumbo, i hear that you will be competing next year for the Olympia! if that is true, that will be great, i also heard a rumor that Joe will be entering the Masters Olympia next year, ever since the Europa 2010 pro show when joe competed with an injury (bicep and rotators cuff tear 6 weeks before) that caused him to be only 80% ready, i have noticed that he is on a mission to get back on that stage, is there any truth to that? if yes that would be awesome that both of you guy competing the same year, can you give us some inside scoop!!! also any chance that you guys could make a training video together.
    thank you

Originally Posted by AnabolicFyre View Post
    Hey wats up Stan?

Was wondering what you opinion is on coming out of a 16 week contest diet which followed DAve palumbos keto diet philosophy and how you would re introduce carbs to not become a fat ass in the off season, thanks.
    no secret..... called being disciplined. Have some control with what you put into your mouth and be real with how you look in the mirror. I am all for and about carbs!!!

Originally Posted by diomidis1984 View Post
    Awesome thread,well done Stan !!! I am 9 days out before my competition (200 lbs right now)...i'm eating 350 gr protein,150 gr carbs and some fats...can i keep the fats (2 yolks,1 avocado) during depletion and carb load ? Thanks man,you are a role model for many people (myself included) !!!
    many factors come into play with me giving you the correct answer. But in general, adding fats during carb deplete mode is correct.

hocho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi Stan, I met him not long ago because of a bodybuilding magazine in which she appeared on the cover, but did not say his name anywhere, I was so inspired that look online until finally I found his name.
    * to see some pictures of him I realized its development over the years, I have 20 years, I am 5 '5 "Weight 130 lbs.'ve been training for eight months and was wondering if I on the right track, so how annoying once more with the measures of his thighs, waist and calves, your physique is my ideal muscularme and would like to have a better idea of the steps that are my goal.
    is a man with a perfect muscle, I respect and admire him for inspiring me to start in the world of weightlifting.
    I wonder what their plans for the future, because I like to meet him and see him on stage. (dream costs nothing haha) I owe to open this forum for which I could talk to you.
    a big hello from Mexico.
    stan are the best

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Great Thread Stan! When is your next show?
    Thanks John! I don't have any plans as of yet...... maybe New York Pro???

Originally Posted by jamesw46 View Post
    Hi Stan, im a new fan since i saw pictures of you with ifbb pro Joe Palumbo, i hear that you will be competing next year for the Olympia! if that is true, that will be great, i also heard a rumor that Joe will be entering the Masters Olympia next year, ever since the Europa 2010 pro show when joe competed with an injury (bicep and rotators cuff tear 6 weeks before) that caused him to be only 80% ready, i have noticed that he is on a mission to get back on that stage, is there any truth to that? if yes that would be awesome that both of you guy competing the same year, can you give us some inside scoop!!! also any chance that you guys could make a training video together.
    thank you

Thanks for the message! Joe is an awesome competitor and has a hear of a Lion! As for me, I have another kid on the way so I don't have any particular shows on lock just yet.... maybe New York pro in May with hopes of requalifying for the Olympia again! If Infinite Labs is interested in doing a video... I am down!

Stan

Originally Posted by hocho View Post
    Hi Stan, I met him not long ago because of a bodybuilding magazine in which she appeared on the cover, but did not say his name anywhere, I was so inspired that look online until finally I found his name.
    * to see some pictures of him I realized its development over the years, I have 20 years, I am 5 '5 "Weight 130 lbs.'ve been training for eight months and was wondering if I on the right track, so how annoying once more with the measures of his thighs, waist and calves, your physique is my ideal muscularme and would like to have a better idea of the steps that are my goal.
    is a man with a perfect muscle, I respect and admire him for inspiring me to start in the world of weightlifting.
    I wonder what their plans for the future, because I like to meet him and see him on stage. (dream costs nothing haha) I owe to open this forum for which I could talk to you.
    a big hello from Mexico.
    stan are the best
    Hocho! Glad you found me! you can also find me on my website at www.stanmcquay.com or follow me on ******** at www.********.com/stanmcquaybodybuilding .
    As for my measurements???? I haven't measured in years!! I can tell you I weigh between 200-215lbs. My arms are around 19inches...... anything more I will have to measure!
    Thanks for asking!!!

Stan

Originally Posted by transformerchad View Post
    INSPIRATIONAL physique! what do u think about a 60f,35p,5c ketogenic diet? iv been on a very high fat moderate protein no carb diet for 2 weeks and the cm are dropping! do you think carb ups will benefit fat loss as well? thanks alot man
    I don't have an opinion on it since I have not done a complete keto diet on myself. But as i mentioned earlier...... I am all about carbs.... even in diet mode! Carbs are NOT your enemy if you use them correctly! Learn about the glycemic index.

stan

ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExaltedIce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Stan,

I'm currently going on a cut, was at 12.6% BF 2 months ago and trying to go down to single digits.

The Breakdown of My Current Diet Plan looks like:

Meal One – 6:10AM (Post Work Out)
    2 Scoops of ON Pro Complex Strawberry Swirl
    1 Nordic Naturals Fish Oil
    1 Life Extension Two-Per-Day

Meal Two – 7AM
    100 grams of Cooked Brown Rice (Long Grain)
    200 grams of Hoki Fillets
    100 grams of Broccoli

Meal Three – 10AM
    200 grams of Chicken Breast
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 4 – 1PM
    200 grams of Kangaroo Fillets
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 5 – 4PM
    200 grams of Hoki Fillet
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 6 – 7:30PM
    1 Scoop of Dymatize Elite Casein Cookies and Cream
    1 Quest Protein Bar

Other Supplements:
    1. 1 Scoop of iForce Hemavol & 1 Scoop of iForce Maximize Intense V2 (Pre Work Out)
    2. 5 grams of Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Meal One)

I Lift 5 days a week (one body part a day), and do cardio about 6 times a week for about 50 mins, low intensity on the treadmill.

Is there anything I should be altering?

I've also started this cut recently, and finding myself getting quite hungry easily, is there any methods to prevent this hunger besides will power?

According to the report done before my Resting Metabolic Rate is 1763 calories a day.

And my current diet is round about 1,900 (saying I follow it).

Thanks heaps in advanced!

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks John! I don't have any plans as of yet...... maybe New York Pro???
    Awesome! Best of Luck!
    Workout Log:

Originally Posted by ExaltedIce View Post
    Hey Stan,

I'm currently going on a cut, was at 12.6% BF 2 months ago and trying to go down to single digits.

The Breakdown of My Current Diet Plan looks like:

Meal One – 6:10AM (Post Work Out)
    2 Scoops of ON Pro Complex Strawberry Swirl

Meal Two – 7AM
    100 grams of Cooked Brown Rice (Long Grain)
    200 grams of Hoki Fillets
    100 grams of Broccoli

Meal Three – 10AM
    200 grams of Chicken Breast
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 4 – 1PM
    200 grams of Kangaroo Fillets
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 5 – 4PM
    200 grams of Hoki Fillet
    300 grams of Broccoli

Meal 6 – 7:30PM
    1 Scoop of Dymatize Elite Casein Cookies and Cream
    1 Quest Protein Bar

Other Supplements:
    1. 1 Scoop of iForce Hemavol & 1 Scoop of iForce Maximize Intense V2 (Pre Work Out)
    2. 5 grams of Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Meal One)

I Lift 5 days a week (one body part a day), and do cardio about 6 times a week for about 50 mins, low intensity on the treadmill.

Is there anything I should be altering?

I've also started this cut recently, and finding myself getting quite hungry easily, is there any methods to prevent this hunger besides will power?

According to the report done before my Resting Metabolic Rate is 1763 calories a day.

And my current diet is round about 1,900 (saying I follow it).

Thanks heaps in advanced!

Looks like you are doing everything correct!!! Don't be afrain to experiment and try different patterns.
    I think you sent me an email........ i responded there.

Stan

Thumbs up "what supplements do you take?"

I probably get asked this question more often than any other: "what supplements do you take?"

Well after 21 years of lifting, training and supplementation experience I have been able to narrow my choices down to a select few products that I will use for the rest of my training days..................... heck, maybe even the rest of my life!
    They are:

1) hydrolized whey isolate protein
    2) BCAA's - (Infinite Labs makes a plain powder version than I can mix into any flavored protein I like!)
    3) L-Glutamine - (Infinite Labs also makes a quality product which includes several types of glutamines in each serving.)
    4) Glucosamine with MSM
    5) Fish Oils - cold water version
    6) Casien protein

Of course I still use a variety of different products, depending on what point of training I am in or how I am feeling, but again, these are a select few products that I make a priority in my daily supplement list!!!

What do you use in your daily supplementing???

I probably get asked this question more often than any other: "what supplements do you take?"

Well after 21 years of lifting, training and supplementation experience I have been able to narrow my choices down to a select few products that I will use for the rest of my training days..................... heck, maybe even the rest of my life!
    They are:

1) hydrolized whey isolate protein
    2) BCAA's - (Infinite Labs makes a plain powder version than I can mix into any flavored protein I like!)
    3) L-Glutamine - (Infinite Labs also makes a quality product which includes several types of glutamines in each serving.)
    4) Glucosamine with MSM
    5) Fish Oils - cold water version
    6) Casien protein

Of course I still use a variety of different products, depending on what point of training I am in or how I am feeling, but again, these are a select few products that I make a priority in my daily supplement list!!!

What do you use in your daily supplementing???
    Great choice in supps! How many fish oil per day Stan?
    Workout Log:

hocho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Stan, I was wondering what your cardio workout and if you have any advice on how to do it without sacrificing muscle

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Great choice in supps! How many fish oil per day Stan?
    On average I use about 4000mg per day divided up into 2000mg twice a day. I will go up to 6000mg a day on some months.

Originally Posted by hocho View Post
    Hi Stan, I was wondering what your cardio workout and if you have any advice on how to do it without sacrificing muscle
    Any cardio that eleveates my heart rate above a certain number for a porlonged period of time causes my body to become catabolic (loss muscle). But if i use BCAA's before my cardio sessions, the percentage of this happening is greatly decreased.
    The only time I do any cardio to where my hear rate is greatly elevated is when I do sprints: high impactive, exsplosive runs for very short periods of time such as 5-10 seconds.