Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by StanMcQuayIFBB View Post
    Is anybody attending the Arnold Classic in Ohio coming up February 28 - March 2? If so, please make sure you stop by the Infinite Labs booth from a free gift from me! I will be competing in the Arnold Classic, please keep an eye out for me!!
    Best of luck to you!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kconnell View Post
    Stan,

What is your normal rep cadence?

For instance, 3 sec positive, 1 sec contraction, 3 sec negative.

And why? Curious.
    I vary my cadences at various intervals of my training. Some weeks I will concentrate on a 2-3 second negative, some weeks I will just make sure I have a consistant steady tension and other weeks I use explosive contraction with a very controlled negative.

ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ryanyu83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey Stan,

At times, i can only work out once a day and I usually do twice a day pending on how busy work. If so, i usually go in the morning, is it better to lift in the AM or do cardio (incase i cant left at night). I usually do left in the AM and cardio at night.
    ☆ ☆ ☆ Cellucor Nation ☆ ☆ ☆
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Detroit Lions!

MuscleTech Core Stack Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159697631&p=1196013651#post1196013651

Cellucore Super HD Review http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/Cellucor/Super_HD/ryanyu83/307409
    Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite Review http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/MuscleTech/Hydroxycut_Hardcore_Elite/ryanyu83/303413

StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ryanyu83 View Post
    Hey Stan,

At times, i can only work out once a day and I usually do twice a day pending on how busy work. If so, i usually go in the morning, is it better to lift in the AM or do cardio (incase i cant left at night). I usually do left in the AM and cardio at night.
    In my opinion the most optimal time to train is in the morning or early in the day. The more nutrients you are able to consume post workout will result in more growth, better recovery and a leaner physique (if training in the morning). Problem with training at night is the amount of nutrients needed to grow you are able to consume post workout. Better to do cardio at night.

Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dmexe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great

Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bokula is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey Stan,

do you still work with Dre? Is he still training? Can you give us some info about his transformation, how it all started, was he dedicated etc.?

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stan getting ready for the Arnold!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Kattfish29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips for conditioning

Thanks for clickin on my thread! I am pleased to be here on Bodybuilding.com representing INFINITE LABS along with IFBB Pro's Lee Priest and Joe Polumbo. I have 20 years of experience with training and nutrition and I would love to share my knowledge with you. Please feel free to ask me questions here and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manor.

Thanks!

Stan McQuay

IFBB PRO
    stanmcquay.com
    muslceincorp.com

Hey Stan,
    My name is Brandy and I had a baby a 17 months ago. While pregnant I was told repeatedly that I would never look the San or have a beautiful body again... needless to say it pissed me off so what did I do? I promised myself I would one day compete in a fitness competition of some kind. Within the last month I have lost 16 lbs (now 136 so 10 away from pre-baby) and have gained a ton of strength.
    My issue is that I am unsure about eating routines and how I should be fueling my body for the music growth. I am trying to consume protein about every 3 hours and am consuming carbs in the form of be rice, quinoa, etc. I had to cut out gluten, sugar and dairy. I eat mostly raw fruits and veggies throughout the day as well as nuts and natural peanut butter. Any tips about nutrition (I promise I have read many of the forum posts... just need to hear if I am doing this correctly hahaha). Also if you could divulge info on getting into the competitive circuit as well would be amazing.

Thank you so much for your time,
    Brandy

teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Stan getting ready for the Arnold!
    Hi Stan, good luck at the Arnold, you look great, we will be there for you, let me know if you need anything.. stay safe, see you soon

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    Joeswat Ifbb Pro Infinitelabs
    www.infinitelabs.com
    www.fitnesswithjoeswat.org
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/InfiniteLabsSupplements

choo373 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can i get a physique critique from you? thanks
    Attached Images

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good luck, Stan! Looks like you are ready!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

jonadawes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stan,

Good seeing you back on stage at the Arnold this past weekend!! that 212 class was stacked!! good luck in the future! keep training hard!!!
    Team P/RR/S!!!

Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Caesar164 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread is difficult to read with all the advertising! I get it, buy infinite labs, jeez... The funny thing is, all these pre workouts never existed in the past, and the bodybuilders did OK... Hmmm solid clean diet is all that is necessary...

Stan you looked great at the Arnold!

samski0614 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bikini!

Thanks for clickin on my thread! I am pleased to be here on Bodybuilding.com representing INFINITE LABS along with IFBB Pro's Lee Priest and Joe Polumbo. I have 20 years of experience with training and nutrition and I would love to share my knowledge with you. Please feel free to ask me questions here and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manor.

Thanks!

Stan McQuay

IFBB PRO
    stanmcquay.com
    muslceincorp.com
    Any tips for newbie NPC bikini competitors?! If you're offering up info, I will take all I can get!!

jhandy24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Maintaining muscle mass

Hey Stan,

I have been dieting and doing cardio but I'm still not seeing the results that I want. I eat clean 95% of the time. Lean meats, complex carbs, green veggies, etc....... And I do cardio about 4-5 times per week. My cardio sessions are mainly HIIT cycles and I train with a heart rate monitor to ensure that I'm staying in my target zones. I've lost about 40 pounds and I am a lot more lean than I've been in a long time. But I have lost a lot of muscle and in my opinion I look a little soft. How do I maintain muscle mass and shed fat? I want to see more striations and definition. I think I'm on the right track but I need to work out the last part of the puzzle to get the physique I want. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your time!

SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SmasherPump has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Teen Bodybuilder of almost 5 years Questions about gear!

Hey Stan!

I'm not quite sure if you are aloud to answer this question as I know some pros don't talk gear but I have been in the gym daily since I was 12 and by the age of 14 I knew that Bodybuilding was the sport for me. 16 now and I am very curious about the different drugs, as I do not want to be another teenage idiot that just injects himself with anything some random person online says is good. So coming to a pro for some questions! (Please don't just say I am young and should get a solid base because I am just asking questions to get educated and will start when I think I have a good enough base, not right away) GH and Insulin have been the two that I cannot seem to get out of my mind. I know obviously that it is called a GH gut and have heard many theories about enlarged intestines due to GH pushing the gut out and stuff but just recently I have stumbled upon people saying that Insulin is the cause due to fat/viseral fat being gained and stored in the gut due to insulin, while others say both! I was wondering if you could answer my question first on which of them cause the 'GH gut' and secondly what other stuff have you heard other pros or yourself take besides just test, insulin, GH, and synthol right before a show? If you could answer these it would be so greatly appreciated you don't even know, even if it is just based on what you have heard other people doing in the pros bodybuilding has takin over most of my life now and I would love to be more educated by a pro instead of random people giving me advice that could mean nothing since they didnt take it to the pro level or saying that I am to young!

Thank you so much!
    -Asher

Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ikatsu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In my opinion the most optimal time to train is in the morning or early in the day. The more nutrients you are able to consume post workout will result in more growth, better recovery and a leaner physique (if training in the morning). Problem with training at night is the amount of nutrients needed to grow you are able to consume post workout. Better to do cardio at night.
    you da best at broscience. What is stopping me from consuming the same amount of nutrients post workout as you did in the morning after your workout lol

Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Berget93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ikatsu View Post
    you da best at broscience. What is stopping me from consuming the same amount of nutrients post workout as you did in the morning after your workout lol
    It´s a general tip. I believe most people would eat in the manner Stan described.

Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000)
    8 hrs of sleep when your body could use more than one meal or even worse just a shake before bed.....

Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000) Nep2une is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ikasu......I just went to try & find your competition pics, where are they ?

-GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -GunShow- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the point he was trying to make, is that you can only eat so much, until you go to sleep. Training in the morning can still allow you to eat breakfast (or a PWO meal), snack, lunch, etc...
    Reps for life to ABB'ers thread.

*** They mad I'm Asian 'n' not juicin' Crew ***