Thread: Strength?

WaveyBazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaveyBazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaveyBazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaveyBazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WaveyBazz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength?

So i started working out like 2 years ago but I only really started doing a proper routine recently, (before it was just curls and other crap i found on youtube)
    I started SS seeing as it was worshipped as the epitome of strength training and have got some good results.
    I can bench 70kg (5 reps) squat 120kg (5 reps) deadlift 100kg (5 reps). So as you can see im not strong at all.
    But I have improved miles from what i could do to begin with yet I can still not manage a proper pull up (can do like 4-5 half ups lol...)
    and the amount of push ups i can do has remained around the same.. or increased by about 5-10.
    Even though my bench goes up, I still shake like hell when i lift it.
    Why is it that the amount i can lift goes up.. but the bodyweight excercises I do, i can never improve on?

FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FEAFi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WaveyBazz View Post
    So i started working out like 2 years ago but I only really started doing a proper routine recently, (before it was just curls and other crap i found on youtube)
    I started SS seeing as it was worshipped as the epitome of strength training and have got some good results.
    I can bench 70kg (5 reps) squat 120kg (5 reps) deadlift 100kg (5 reps). So as you can see im not strong at all.
    But I have improved miles from what i could do to begin with yet I can still not manage a proper pull up (can do like 4-5 half ups lol...)
    and the amount of push ups i can do has remained around the same.. or increased by about 5-10.
    Even though my bench goes up, I still shake like hell when i lift it.
    Why is it that the amount i can lift goes up.. but the bodyweight excercises I do, i can never improve on?
    Could be other stuff too, but as you get stronger u add more muscle and get heavier, calisthenics will be harder when you weigh more, also if you bulked dirty you gained a lot of fat too which wont help at all in bodyweight exercises except drag u down.
    "There's no justice in this world. Not unless we make it"
    ~Petyr Baelish

"I love the smell of creatine in the morning... Smells like gains."
    ~FEAFi