seahawks206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question for Trainers

Hey guys I know this isn't a specific exercise question but i'm new to this site and I didnt know where to post it. I started a workout program that has a heavy day,medium day, and a light day and I am wondering what are the benefits of medium and lightweight training? Does lightweight with more reps tone your muscles because of fat loss and muscle exhaustion?

I've seen programs that go high, medium, light but I don't see the point. You do get muscular endurance from training with lightweight and workout different muscle fibers. Is there a benefit to train for endurance while trying to put on mass? For example could you train heavy monday and wednesday but go light on friday?

I understand that some people claim that "low weight/high reps for toning" is just a myth but light weight training does exhaust the muscle more burning more calories so technically it does kind of help.

People say lightweight training is pointless but yet push-ups is one of the most popular exercises around and its about 50% of your bodyweight. Instead of knocking out 20 push ups, wouldn't benching 60-75% of your bodyweight be more beneficial?

Can somebody give me their opinion on this? I understand most people will say always lift heavy.

seahawks206 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, is there a benefit in strength training to having good muscular endurance?

Jeff4health has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    All depends on what your goals are ?

To get anywhere with light weights you will have to do a lot of reps, and that equals burning fat/muscle.

To get anywhere with heavy weights, you will have to to do less reps and that equals, building muscle.

To get anywhere with medium weights, you will be doing more reps than a bodybuilder but less reps than a fitness fanatic ie cyclist, long distant runner etc... And that equals muscular endurance training.

If you want to be sort of hybrid between the three, it is possible with a well thought out program, but you won't be the master of any, kind of like the jack of all trades saying... lol.

I must note that depending on your dedication, motivational factors, some boundaries can be overcome, ie
    you can have a muscular look and still be very fit... Again the right program and a definite winning attitude is required for this, as is the case in if you want to achieve being the Best in any of the first 3 points mentioned.

i'll leave it at that..
    Last edited by Jeff4health; 07-30-2012 at 12:41 AM.