JoshuaScott123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Calorie consumption

So I wake up at 3am, workout until 5am. I go to work(a fairly labor intensive job lifting boxes for eight hours), after that I workout some more. So my thing is that since I am very active, I don't want to eat less since I need alot of energy but at the same time want to create some sort of calorie deficit. How many calories should I consume?
    Last edited by JoshuaScott123; 07-14-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds cool! Riveting!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JoshuaScott123 View Post
    So I wake up at 3am, workout until 5am. I go to work(a fairly labor intensive job lifting boxes for eight hours), after that I workout some more. So my thing is that since I am very active, I don't want to eat less since I need alot of energy but at the same time want to create some sort of calorie deficit. How many calories should I consume?
    Do you truly think that, given the extremely limited information you provided, anyone could tell you how much you should eat?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Do you truly think that, given the extremely limited information you provided, anyone could tell you how much you should eat?
    What info do I need to give? I am sorry, I am new to these things.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What info do I need to give? I am sorry, I am new to these things.
    Do you know how many calories you are consuming right now?

If not, do you know if you're gaining or losing weight?

What are your goals? Just losing bodyfat? What kind of training are you doing?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Do you know how many calories you are consuming right now?

If not, do you know if you're gaining or losing weight?

What are your goals? Just losing bodyfat? What kind of training are you doing?
    I want to drop 10 pounds, I am not counting calories currently. My training consist of running, swimming, calithenics, biking, and lifting.

I want to drop 10 pounds, I am not counting calories currently. My training consist of running, swimming, calithenics, biking, and lifting.
    You didn't answer about the weight changes... are you gaining weight or losing weight right now? How often do you weigh yourself? What lifting program are you doing? How long have you been lifting?

You didn't answer about the weight changes... are you gaining weight or losing weight right now? How often do you weigh yourself? What lifting program are you doing? How long have you been lifting?
    I am staying the same right now, I weight myself once a week. My lifting program is I do 12-20 reps of one set for 10-12 different exercises. I lift four days a week. Two upper body, two lower body. I do rigerous calithenics from different variations of pushups, pullups, 8-count pushups, 8-count bodybuilders, mule kickers, squats. I run alot, atleast three tims a week, and swim whenever I am at the gym, so four times a week. I will usually swim anywhere from 500 yards to 1200 yards currently. Sometimes I ride my bike to the gym which is 10 miles away after work.

I am staying the same right now, I weight myself once a week. My lifting program is I do 12-20 reps of one set for 10-12 different exercises. I lift four days a week. Two upper body, two lower body. I do rigerous calithenics from different variations of pushups, pullups, 8-count pushups, 8-count bodybuilders, mule kickers, squats. I run alot, atleast three tims a week, and swim whenever I am at the gym, so four times a week. I will usually swim anywhere from 500 yards to 1200 yards currently. Sometimes I ride my bike to the gym which is 10 miles away after work.
    If your aim is to lose weight then you'll need some kind of gauge of how many calories you're eating, and if you're lifting and trying to build muscle, you need to focus on consistently adding weight in the gym.

If you are truly staying the same weight, then I would track your food/calorie intake for a week and see how much you're consuming, then subtract 300-500 calories from that amount.

I'm not saying you need to focus hardcore on everything gram, but it has to be something YOU monitor day or day and week to week in order to see progress.

If you reduce daily intake from your current level (again, assuming you are really staying the same weight) by 500 calories, you should lose 1lb every week. If you don't, then you're either tracking wrong or your physical activity level isn't consistent. Make sense?

Yes, thank you.