Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post
    The reasons CF gets knocked so much are

1) It’s stupid. The idea that constantly doing these weird and random WODs is the best way to achieve an athletic balance is really stupid. It’s insufficiently goal-oriented to produce tangible long term progress. Think about real athletes in sports that mix a high demand on multiple systems, where these athletes follow structured programs designed to maximize tangible results in their sport. These athletes would absolutely crush Crossfitters in terms of their ability to produce high performance across multiple “domains” (to use a CF word). Elite heavyweight male rowers have not only endless aerobic capacity (more so than any other athletes), but enormous raw strength and coordination, just as elite sprinters are not only enormously fast and agile and coordinated, but tremendously strong and powerful, and elite Olympic weightlifters are (inhumanly) strong, and powerful, and flexible, and agile and coordinated. These people are far more “un****able with” (to use another CF term) than CF athletes.
    2) It’s got a weird cultish structure. It’s straight up creepy.
    3) The way they treat the Olympic lifts. Judging by the endless compilations of absurd and dangerous CF fail clips, the majority of CF participants do not have the necessary patience and discipline to learn how to properly execute a snatch or a clean and jerk under maximal loads. Most of them can't even power clean correctly even though that lift is easy to learn. Furthermore, the exercises are not designed to be done in ****ing stupid 30-rep complexes.
    4) The presence in their ranks of people like this: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-affiliate...shwithaj_b.jpg

But, I think your missing the part about its funtional and conditioning training. I don't do crossfit, but I train like one on certian days. Some of the idea are great, some are not so. I don't like the ghey ring dips or the ghey pull ups. but they are training the body for combat. In order for your body and mind to advance in conditioning, you have to apply as much stress as you can. they do it in a small area.

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drarmament View Post
    But, I think your missing the part about its funtional and conditioning training.
    Gaaaah, I hate the word. CFers think they own it. Real "functional training" is done by athletes like sprinters, throwers, boxers and so on. What makes CF so special? Other than the fact that their **** is too random to create progress in the long term (and no, long term is not 1-2 years. Anyone starting out will have to see major results in that time frame, no matter what). The top CF athletes do NOT get to that level by doing WODs. You aren't going to overhead squat 370 lb by doing lots of ****ing Frans.

In any case, this doesn't address 2, 3 and 4.

but they are training the body for combat.
    Really? It doesn't seem like CF puts a lot of emphasis on combat training, other than some boxing drills. How many CF affiliates do any kind of sparring/grappling/ANY kind of hand-to-hand combat?
    Last edited by jb4476; 08-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.

drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000) drarmament is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post
    God, I hate the word. CFers think they own it. Real "functional training" is done by athletes like sprinters, throwers, boxers and so on. What makes CF so special? Other than the fact that their **** is too random to create progress in the long term (and no, long term is not 1-2 years. Anyone starting out will have to see major results in that time frame, no matter what).

In any case, this doesn't address 2, 3 and 4.

Really? How many CF affiliates do any kind of sparring/grappling/ANY kind of hand-to-hand combat?

CF, don't own the word, but it is what there training is about.

Learned CF when doing combatives in the army.

I'm not trying to argue CF, I like some of it stuff, others are just stupid. But if I want to get conditioned really good I would go to a CF for it.

But I don't know crap so thats my 2 cents