kiwiinkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overtraining legs

First time poster here.
    The question I have relates to doing cardio after leg workout. My cardio consists of stationary bike 2 days a week doing 20 mins HIIT followed by 20 minutes fat burning on treadmill. The other 2 days are a spin class. What I have found that after I lift my legs the cardio the next day is hell. I know it is only latic acid but do I need to avoid cardio the day after legs to promote recovery. (I do legs once a week)
    Thanks in advance for advice

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A good leg workout will leave you sore the next day, or even the next several days. Moderate cardio won't be fun, but will actually help get your legs functioning again.

Make a point of stretching well after your legs workout. You'll feel the benefits the following day.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bimmer325 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My legs hurt sooo bad right after my workout, I tend to fry my legs. I dont run on the days I do that and make sure to get rest after the workout. Then I pick it up the day after...it tends to stink but its better than doing it right after for me at least. I do legs twice a week.
    "See yourself with the eyes of the man you want to become."

DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DAVO17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I noticed my legs were much less sore if shortly after I worked my legs, I ran for 10 minutes on the eliptical, or used the bike. This is usually hard to do, but it really improved my recovery and running the next day was alot easier. Ive also noticed that over the months your legs get used to being worked hard and dont get as sore.
    I also agree that streches over the next few days prevent my hanstrings from tightening so much.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
    -Mahatma Ghandi

kiwiinkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys I love to work my legs hard and even after 2 years of working out it still hurts the next day

amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) amgdoc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As long you are not doing HIIT the next day, I do not see a problem in a doing light cardio the day after leg lifting. Really depends on how your legs feel and if you can give 100% the next day and not do cardio forcibly.
    mmmmm saturated fat....and cholesterol.
    My favorite and daily foods are chocolate and yolks!
    last lipid profile 1/2008:
    TG- 45 mg/dL
    HDL- 88 mg/dL
    LDL (calc)- 51 mg/dL
    Cholesterol- 148 mg/dL

We see only what we look for, we recognize only what we know

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    A good leg workout will leave you sore the next day, or even the next several days. Moderate cardio won't be fun, but will actually help get your legs functioning again.

Make a point of stretching well after your legs workout. You'll feel the benefits the following day.
    excellent point!

also, as mentioned above, some light cardio immediately following your leg workout while perhaps seeming counterintuitive at a glance, is actually a very effective way to help recovery and reduce DOMS.

This is due to the increased blood flow delivering nutrients/oxygen and after a heavy workout, the muscle is particularly receptive to nutrient uptake and by doing some cardio you increase the blood flow and assist in recovery
    Attached Files
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski