Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supmannn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jetigen View Post
    Jonathan Horton and his coach disagree with you.

From the video (starts at 0:40) :
    He also says that weight training "builds a lot of extra bulk" so he's not exactly a reputable source for anything outside of what works satisfactorily for his extremely specific situation.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146757493

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by matrix563 View Post
    I got this for $40 the other day, the rack, yes I know it looks like a walker but its almost as stable as my full sized dip bars and it folds up, a plus for the car. It doesn't suck like the ironmaster dip bars do. I am going to remove those wheels. I'm mainly using it for dips and reverse rows.
    Bought mine new for $100 with free shipping from Rackworkout Discount Offer.

I built two blocks out of 2x6 wood to raise the rack workout station by 10.5 inches. Its total height now is 44.5". I made them so that I could do weighted dips. The unit is stable on the blocks.

Each block is 20" long and consists of seven 2x6 pieces. Total cost to make the two was around $10.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 01-22-2013 at 09:51 AM.

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bought mine new for $100 with free shipping from Rackworkout Discount Offer.

I built two blocks out of 2x6 wood to raise the rack workout station by 10.5 inches. Its total height now is 44.5". I made them so that I could do weighted dips. The unit is stable on the blocks.

Each block is 20" long and consists of seven 2x6 pieces. Total cost to make the two was around $10.

Are those pieces of wood secured to each other?
    I can imagine that could be a recipe for disaster if you struggled on a last heavy rep with a belt?

I really like the Body Solid dip station, have you used it to compare the two?

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hulk sMaSh stupid walker !!!

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000) Jetigen is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iportal View Post
    Are those pieces of wood secured to each other?
    I can imagine that could be a recipe for disaster if you struggled on a last heavy rep with a belt?

I really like the Body Solid dip station, have you used it to compare the two?
    My problem is that I ran out of space. I already have Powertec dip handles that go with the cage and Weider 200 Pull-up Tower. Can't really use handles as my IronMaster dumbbell racks are in the way. The Tower takes up too much space. So, the Rack Workout Station is the only option for me right now. It takes no space when not in use. I just fold it up and goes against the wall. Out of the three I prefer the Weider Tower. But I gotta do what I gotta do. It's in the storage right now.

As far as wood pieces go, they are secured with wood screws. Solid. There is no wobble or shakiness when the dip station is on them.

The picture of the Weider Tower below is not mine. Just got it on internet. Mine looks exactly the same.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 01-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.

morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) morebarbell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    "The Cane" is an ultra portable alternative to "The Rack". In addition to functioning as a dip stand, it also incorporates some stability training.

The height is easily adjustable and can be fully retracted for easy storage or travel.

For air travel, both the "The Cane" and "The Rack" are considered personal items and can be carried onboard.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/can-c...ane-61642.html

In addition to a carry-on bag, each ...passenger may bring a single personal item aboard the aircraft, such as a briefcase, laptop case or purse... Items that are medically necessary, such as a crutch, cane or walker do not count in the carry-on allowance and may be brought aboard the plane as necessary.
    Get ripped! For only 3 easy payments! These are NOT your grandfather's dip stands (it's his cane and walker).

Attached Images
    Last edited by morebarbell; 01-22-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #32 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #43 ()---() ▉---▉ Equipment Crew #50 ▉---▉

Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Iakovos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My problem is that I ran out of space. I already have Powertec dip handles that go with the cage and Weider 200 Pull-up Tower. Can't really use handles as my IronMaster dumbbell racks are in the way. The Tower takes up too much space. So, the Rack Workout Station is the only option for me right now. It takes no space when not in use. I just fold it up and goes against the wall. Out of the three I prefer the Weider Tower. But I gotta do what I gotta do. It's in the storage right now.

As far as wood pieces go, they are secured with wood screws. Solid. There is no wobble or shakiness when the dip station is on them.

The picture of the Weider Tower below is not mine. Just got it on internet. Mine looks exactly the same.

Have you tried using the powertec dip handles on the inside of the rack? That's how I use them both for space reasons plus more stability.

Originally Posted by Iakovos View Post
    Have you tried using the powertec dip handles on the inside of the rack? That's how I use them both for space reasons plus more stability.
    I don't like doing other exercises inside of my rack except for bench and dumbbell presses. Since now I started doing lat pulldowns, I'll give it a shot. I'll still be using the dip station though. The more I use it, the more I like it.

Really wanna try Lou Ferrigno dips. Lee Priest explains how to do them in the video below. And that's on his Powertec rack. I'll try the same.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

could at least give me credit. thats a photo of my old gym setup at my old apartment. .

don't really miss it. i sold it before i moved out. the ironmaster pullup attachment was far superior. for now i'm using the pullup bars on my cable crossover.

i do like the rack and my coworker has one and he does weighted dips on his too and he's taller than me. granted he can't use many plates and he uses standard weights, so maybe that helps

i took the wheels off mine. it was interesting to see how it came together.

i'm not sure about propping it up on wood thats not secured to each other. i'd feel better if the wood was secured and a piece running along side the feet so it can't slide out just in case.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    Ironically, last year I paid around the same for my body solid dip station.

I checked out "The Rack“ at Dick's Sporting Good and was not even remotely impressed. It had some wobble to it plus it's so low that I feared I'd bump my knees on the ground.

However, I had no idea I could do power squats with it. I wouldn't have purchased my squat rack had I known. :-P
    you do realize most stuff put together in stores is not done well at all? the rack is almost as stable as my full size dip bars that are a beefier version of that body solid one you got.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like how the rack folds away compactly. That way you can quickly hide it as your friends come over so they won't catch you using it

Just kidding...sort of.

could at least give me credit. thats a photo of my old gym setup at my old apartment. .
    What a chance of that happening. Made me laugh.

i do like the rack and my coworker has one and he does weighted dips on his too and he's taller than me. granted he can't use many plates and he uses standard weights, so maybe that helps

i took the wheels off mine. it was interesting to see how it came together.
    I kept the wheels as I started doing ab roll-outs with the folded dip station now. It gives multiple wide grips compared to my Ab Wheel.

i'm not sure about propping it up on wood thats not secured to each other. i'd feel better if the wood was secured and a piece running along side the feet so it can't slide out just in case.
    The whole idea behind blocks is to complement the foldability of the dip station. Probably should've done them with 2"x8" wood for added stability. As it's, they are stable enough for me though.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 01-23-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Just an update. This dip station is good for doing ab roll-outs as it comes with 4 wheels. I much prefer it to the generic ab wheel 'cause it allows doing weighted roll-outs with multiple grips. I usually hold on to the bottom bars close to the wheels. My only concern was that those bars would tend to tilt down at the unwheeled ends when doing the exercise. A buddy of mine gave me for free a set of wheels that came with his dip station as he wasn't using them. I think those additional wheels should come standard.

Here are pics:

Attached Images
    Last edited by Jetigen; 08-04-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I am working out at home at the moment and following a strict regimen with a goal of losing fat. I am at 165 lbs as of today. This little dip station is a saver. I can't say enough about it. Combination of a door frame pull-up bar with this little beast is awesome for budget conscious homegymmers.

Another note: Since I canceled my LA Fitness membership and started training at home, I feel that I am doing exercises in a more concentrated manner with lower weights, especially bicep curls. I guess after all the ego and peer pressure are the factors when you go to the commercial gyms.
    Harmonia Early Music: http://www.harmoniaearlymusic.org
    SymphonyCast: http://symphonycast.org
    Performance Today: http://performancetoday.publicradio.org
    Studio360: http://www.studio360.org
    RadioLab: http://www.radiolab.org
    TED Radio Hour: http://www.npr.org/programs/ted-radio-hour/
    This American Life: http://www.thisamericanlife.org
    On Being: http://www.onbeing.org
    Snap Judgment: http://www.snapjudgment.org/radio-show
    Radio IQ: http://wvtf.org
    LibriVox: https://librivox.org/