WRUGOIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does flaxseed oil taste?

I have a post workout shake that consists of Chocolate Whey, 1 banana (sometimes a tablespoon of peanutbutter) and flavorless creatine. After reading many of the threads in this forum, I am considering the purchase of Flaxseed Oil. I would just assume put it in my shake but I'm wondering about the taste.

Question: I really enjoy the chocolate/banana/PB flavor, Will a tablespoon of flaxseed oil would ruin the taste? Does it even have a flavor?

Thanks for your time,
    Mike

xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xil is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    it tastes pretty awful...

Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000) Cam75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The taste is horrible, but if you mix it with your protein drink you can even taste it.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It tastes bad! Just suck it up though because it's a worthwhile supplement to take!

d piece has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its bad but you get used to it.
    I take it in a shot glass and I have a chaser ready. I don't breathe at all until I am halfway done chugging the chaser. Doing this ensures that I don't taste too much of it.

gospastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gospastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gospastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gospastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gospastic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, it tastes pretty bad. some are worse than others though. i usually hold my breath when i take it, and then down a couple ounces of water to wash the rest out.

why are you putting it in your PW shake, though? is it good to have fat right after a workout?

Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I concur that it is bad. I don't even like shooting it. For me, it is better to mix with a protein drink. It floats a little bit since it is oil. To combat that, I mix it with the powder first. They will bond and less will float.

Aspiring Polymath GhostfaceKillah's Avatar
    GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GhostfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bump on mixing it with a shake. You can take it with something that has a thick, strong taste too, like peanut butter.
    Creeping while you're sleeping.

"Like short sleeves, I bare arms." ~ Jay-Z

"Smile all up in your face then I break your chin." ~ P. (Mobb Deep)

zenglennc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it not be easier to take Flax Oil in gelcaps?

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it tastes good. I can drink it like water. I didnt like the NOW foods one though. They say Barleans is supposed to taste pretty good too. I just buy the seeds and grind them, much cheaper.
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Not unless you want to down 14 gelcaps in a sitting! It's much more economical to use a shot glass, or a tablespoon... It's really not too bad on salads either when mixed with vinegar.

WRUGOIN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Quote from gospastic

"why are you putting it in your PW shake, though? is it good to have fat right after a workout?"

As of this point I don't know much about Flaxseed oil. After reading so many on this Forum recomend it, I feel it's worth a try. I'm trying to gain some mass, another 10-15lbs to add to the 25 I've already gained. I'm think I've reached a plateau in my weight so I'm just looking for new ideas.

Do you feel that this is something that should be taken Pre-workout, morning, night, with a meal?

Thanks,
    Mike

MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MurphMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by d piece
    Its bad but you get used to it.
    I take it in a shot glass and I have a chaser ready. I don't breathe at all until I am halfway done chugging the chaser. Doing this ensures that I don't taste too much of it.
    Bump onthe shot method.

Once I dumped three tablespoons into my cottagecheese as an experiment. Do not do this if you want to see your cottage cheese all over the floor.
    murphy240@hushmail.com

Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don’t taste it much in a protein shake, even using water. I taste MSM powder much more than I taste the flax. My post workout shake is the last place I would add fats though.
    It's better to be cynical than naive.

AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexPSU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Greg_SD
    I don’t taste it much in a protein shake, even using water. I taste MSM powder much more than I taste the flax. My post workout shake is the last place I would add fats though.
    Bump on NOT using flax or fats in your PW shake. The reason? Well, adding fats will SLOW down absorbtion, thus making your whey digest slower. You should be downing a whey/dextrose/malto/glutamine mixture right after your workout. Focus on the fats with other meals.

Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Greg_SD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by AlexPSU
    Bump on NOT using flax or fats in your PW shake. The reason? Well, adding fats will SLOW down absorbtion, thus making your whey digest slower. You should be downing a whey/dextrose/malto/glutamine mixture right after your workout. Focus on the fats with other meals.
    Also with the insulin spike and the amount of carbs you get from the sugar in your post workout shake, the fats probably wont get burned and could end up........

exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also with the insulin spike and the amount of carbs you get from the sugar in your post workout shake, the fats probably wont get burned and could end up........
    it takes hours before the fats enter the blood stream, insulin spike would have gone to normal before.
    Capitalism, love, dollar & japan passion

Prosauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It tastes like a dirty girls pootie tang.
    I box, drink, and swear.

Originally posted by Prosauce
    It tastes like a dirty girls pootie tang.
    You say that like it's a bad thing!

nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nobull is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It shouldn't taste bad at all. Good, fresh flaxseed oil has a slightly sweet, nutty taste to it. Chances are, most people's experience with flaxseed oil is with bad flaxseed oil. As it's not hydrogenated, and as flaxseed oil is a natural product, it will spoil -- go rancid. I buy flaxseed oil all the time and 99% of the time, I see it on the shelf at room temperature. Light and heat, among other things will spoil flaxseed oil. Always get flaxseed oil, whether liquid or caps, that has been refrigerated. I prefer Barlean's or Spectrum.

Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10) Self is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have wondered about the refrigeration of my flax too. I ordered mine off the net. It must have been exposed to a lot of heat being shipped in trucks. Next one I will buy will be refrigerated at the store. My old stuff was probably rancid.

corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000) corpsedub is a name known to all. (+5000)
    it tastes like an oil that has been sitting up a cows a$$ for a few months
    "The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it."

**KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE**
    06 R1 raven
    02 CBR1100xx
    02 DRZ 400s

Originally posted by exhortae
    it takes hours before the fats enter the blood stream, insulin spike would have gone to normal before.
    About how long does it take before absorption starts for oils like flax and fish (EFAs)?

Registered User too damn skinny's Avatar
    too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) too damn skinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It really does taste like crap
    "Where do we go when we just dont know and how do we relight the flame when it's cold, why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing and when will we learn to control."

Godsmack-serenity

exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000) exhortae is just really nice. (+1000)
    About how long does it take before absorption starts for oils like flax and fish (EFAs)?

it depends on how much food you take with it, what kind of food, the amount of it (all these factors plays on how the digestives enzymes will break down the food, the more food the more time it takes)

only thing I can say it that it can take up to 8 hours for some fats to be totally digested.
    Capitalism, love, dollar & japan passion

SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Honestly, i barely taste it at all. Make sure to get cold pressed flaxseed oil thats been refrigerated at the store and keep it refrigerated at your house of course. Its quite easy to get down, I fill up a tablespoon, put it at the back of my mouth right near my throat then turn the spoon over and swallow. Its much easier straight from the tablespoon then putting it in the glass and trying to drink it or something. Piece of cake, then u can take a drink of water right after if it leaves a lil after taste.
    Last edited by SkinnyB; 07-19-2003 at 11:14 PM.

only thing I can say it that it can take up to 8 hours for some fats to be totally digested.
    Right, it takes many hours for a lot of foods to fully digest. I’m wondering how long it takes for EFAs to start to be absorbed. Meaning when will the first of it hit the blood stream? My guess is when taking just whey and simple carbs it wouldn’t take long. That was the reason I mentioned it. I have yet to find any data searching around.

HARDCORE129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    here is some info on Flax oil, if you are interested.

http://www.hardcorebodybuildingonthe...opic.php?t=188

I personally like the taste of flax oil. I add it into my morning shake and nighttime shake. A great way to bring my fat grams up and get some extra calories.

HARDCORE
    ADMIN @ HardcoreBodybuilding.net
    www.hardcorebodybuilding.net/hb-db/phpBB2

Join the forums!