Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ericlukeroberts View Post
    HI im not sure how to start a new thread so i will ask this here and one of you might be able to help. while doing if do i have to workout fasted? i tend to go to gym with gf and meet her down in spa area so i can't really eat post workout it tends to be 1/2hours before i get home. now i ask this purely from a hgh stand point, having heard if boost's your hgh will having a pre workout meal (rather large) be detrimental to this? thanks for any help.
    No. You don't have to work out fasted.

Nothing wrong with waiting 1-2hours after workout before eating.

Trying to manipulate HGH response is futile. Don't bother.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 7characters has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been IFing for 9 weeks now - down to 12.7% from around 16-17%. The science behind it sounds great, but all I can really put it down to is the suppression of my appetite (which there is probably a rational scientific explanation behind). I eat absolutely nothing other than my 2 meals - where as before i'd get hungry and snack on something I'd find in the fridge.

kineticrob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not sure how to handle protein/calorie deficient days.

the day before yesterday I had a lift day and ate well but a little light on the calories. Yesterday I was so busy I didn't get a chance to eat until 9:30 at night (I normal eat between 5pm-12) and ate less than my min daily calories and only about 1/3 of my target protein intake. While this doesn't happen often, it does happen to me once every month or so and I'm not sure how I should eat the next day, being today.
    Should I forgo the fast and jump straight into a protein shake to help my muscle recovery? Should i just do BCAA throughout the fast? Or fast as normal?

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kineticrob View Post
    the day before yesterday I had a lift day and ate well but a little light on the calories. Yesterday I was so busy I didn't get a chance to eat until 9:30 at night (I normal eat between 5pm-12) and ate less than my min daily calories and only about 1/3 of my target protein intake. While this doesn't happen often, it does happen to me once every month or so and I'm not sure how I should eat the next day, being today.
    Should I forgo the fast and jump straight into a protein shake to help my muscle recovery? Should i just do BCAA throughout the fast? Or fast as normal?
    Just eat a little extra to make up for it, or if you are cutting, forget about it and continue.

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TigerJX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello, I am planning on doing a 16/8 split with eating between 2pm-9pm. 99% of the time my training occurs between 4pm-8pm. Which is the better alternative?

1. Eating a meal at 2-3pm before workout, and take 10g BCAA pre-workout. Eat to meet macros post-workout.

2. Fasting until pre-workout, then take 10g BCAA and 2 scoops of whey. Eat to meet macros post-workout.

Thanks!

willba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been doing this for about 3 months, with around a 75% accuracy/consistency. I have come down from around 104kgs to 96kgs. I think it is the best thing i have done..

I find that i have more energy than when i use to eat every few hours. I have also maintained my strength.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by willba View Post
    I have been doing this for about 3 months, with around a 75% accuracy/consistency. I have come down from around 104kgs to 96kgs. I think it is the best thing i have done..

I find that i have more energy than when i use to eat every few hours. I have also maintained my strength.
    The calorie deficit will always make you lose weight so good to see

Glad you've found something you like but

gerardoruiz132 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Intermittent Fasting

Hey guys ive been thinking about doing this to lose fat, im 17 6'1 192pounds currently. I have a question on how i would make my scheduld with 8hour window and 16fasting. i wake up 7 go to school and get out at 3 then i go to the gym.and get home around 6. should i open my window when i get home for the gym or before? any answers will help thanks

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ it doesn't matter, whichever suits you better. No magic benefit eating in a restricted window

PureMuckle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wrong place
    Last edited by PureMuckle; 01-30-2013 at 12:58 PM.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PureMuckle View Post
    I finish working out at 16:00 but my eating window starts around 23:00 (Bed is 05:00am, **** shifts). I Normally take in my food within 2-6 hours, I find this easier because when cutting or maintaining its still a large amount of food and I feel more satisfied. Been doing it this way for about a Year but just recently started reading more on IF and wondering if I'm selling myself short with such a big gap between the workout and eating because most people here seem to break the fast after working out. Always thought BCAA's were a waste but Now I'm think they might be worth it to fill the gap.

Any thoughts/help guys.
    couldnt hurt
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DavisDK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is it possible to bulk while IF?

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i am right now. IF is just a meal timing protocol
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Alot of gotcha one liners and petty squabbling in this thread. Anyways I been doing IF for 3 weeks now after seeing leangains and watching the Hodge twins. Have to say it's perfect for me since I hate having to time meals. Like 7characters said, I think it's more to do with appetite suppression. I'm eating the same amount of calories as my 5-6 meal a day format at around 1700-1800 but don't feel nearly as starved all day. Seeing some noticeable fat loss so far.

Started with an 8 hour eating window, decided to try 4 hours since people swear by it but I was struggling to get 1800 calories in, I felt stuffed. Now I'm at 6 hours and it takes me about 2 meals to get my calories.

I also haven't noticed any performance drop in the gym or any other side effects. I would recommend it if you're having trouble being consistent with running a caloric deficit using a 6 meal/day+ program.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

PrimalGuy89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, hoping someone in a similar position can help me. I work from 6.30am to 4.30pm everyday, im so keen on trying IF but it really doesnt work with my work schedule. Can anyone help out as to what has worked for them in this position, or anyone else that can help it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by PrimalGuy89 View Post
    Hey guys, hoping someone in a similar position can help me. I work from 6.30am to 4.30pm everyday, im so keen on trying IF but it really doesnt work with my work schedule. Can anyone help out as to what has worked for them in this position, or anyone else that can help it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    If it doesn't suit your schedule then don't do it. The main reason people do it is because it suits their schedule.

Originally Posted by DavisDK View Post
    Is it possible to bulk while IF?
    Of course. Why wouldn't it?

Then Chew it!

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Obviously you can bulk with IF, but it's probably not as optimal as with spreaded meals throughout the day.

Explained here:

http://muscleandsportsscience.com/me...ient-fat-loss/

Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    Obviously you can bulk with IF, but it's probably not as optimal as with spreaded meals throughout the day.

Explained here:

http://muscleandsportsscience.com/me...ient-fat-loss/
    If you were to have 3 meals spread throughout a window of 8-10 hours though, I doubt you would have any measurable difference.

This was only published today? Good read. It would be interesting to see if Stuart Phillips study uses a variety of whole food protein sources and not just whey this time and also a chronic study instead of acute.

That being said, I think there is evidence to suggest 1 meal a day may not be optimal in terms of MPS. Whether there is a difference between 3 vs 4-5, I doubt it.

Then Chew it!

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree, but we're talking about optimal. Basically the article says it's probably the most optimal to spread your meals across the day, with 3-5 hours of time in between, resulting in 3 to 5 meals per day.
    I spoke to the guy and he says 3 meals is probably just as fine as 5, it would depend in total calorie intake and ability to eat big(ger) meals.

The higher your ambitions and set goals, the more you will probably have to take this into consideration.

Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    I agree, but we're talking about optimal. Basically the article says it's probably the most optimal to spread your meals across the day, with 3-5 hours of time in between, resulting in 3 to 5 meals per day.
    I spoke to the guy and he says 3 meals is probably just as fine as 5, it would depend in total calorie intake and ability to eat big(ger) meals.
    Yeah my own opinion would be that 3 meals will pretty much give same results as 5 meals and and difference would be negligible. A lot of the studies concerning this at the moment are done with fast digesting protein and acute studies but I think it may be enough to suggest eating 1 meal may not be optimal.

Then Chew it!

Twtr25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twtr25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twtr25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Twtr25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been trying IF for about 3 weeks now...I lost roughtly 5-7lbs the first week, and 0.5% BF. However, I haven't lost anything since then (haven't gained either). I've been trying to cut down to about 10% BF first, before I try to do a recomp and maybe actually gain some more muscle.

Could someone tell me what my overall macros should look like, specifically my overall calories on rest days and workout days, and what kind of split I should do with those macros?? I'm 6'2" and weight 230lbs. I was really trying to lose a ton of weight, so I think I was sticking to about 2200 calories on workout days, and 1700 on rest days. For some reason, after reading a lot of this thread, I'm thinking those numbers are way too low and could possibly be causing more harm than good (in terms of fat loss and preserving muscle). If you want, feel free to private message me. Thanks!!

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wonder why the majority of americans are obese if IF applies suppressed appetite, most americans skip breakfast, i guess no will power after breaking the fast...

Yags03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started IF a few weeks ago. Before it, I was doing the 6-8 meal routine. Just wondering whether my results will slow down if I have the majority of my calories/meals pre-workout. At the moment, I'm doing 12pm-8pm (sometimes 12-6pm, and 2-8pm) eating window, and I train after work at around 6ish. Let me know if I'm fuking up and/or wasting my time...

Cheers

CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanuckBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subbed to read through later. Great thread with lots of info, OP.

Originally Posted by Yags03 View Post
    I started IF a few weeks ago. Before it, I was doing the 6-8 meal routine. Just wondering whether my results will slow down if I have the majority of my calories/meals pre-workout. At the moment, I'm doing 12pm-8pm (sometimes 12-6pm, and 2-8pm) eating window, and I train after work at around 6ish. Let me know if I'm fuking up and/or wasting my time...

Cheers
    Nope.

Then Chew it!

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Valuable information here, thanks OP, repped.
    One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, impossible to attain. Be proud of your success and share your story with others. -Robert Cheeke

builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000) builder95 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't edit the OP anymore for some reason but instead of taking your vitamins all at once, spread them out throughout your fast. I actually stopped IF when i bulked but its really nice if it fits your schedule.
    If You're Not Gaining, You're Losing.

I'm a sculptor, my body is my masterpiece, the world is my witness.

chubbichicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, cool forum.

Question. When I fast, or intermittent fast, I wake up extremely sore and lacking energy every single day. If I force myself to work out or do yoga, etc. this will disappear slowly but it's not ideal. Is there any techniques or methods, diet to help alleviate the pain when waking up? Thank-you.

Originally Posted by chubbichicken View Post
    Hi, cool forum.

Question. When I fast, or intermittent fast, I wake up extremely sore and lacking energy every single day. If I force myself to work out or do yoga, etc. this will disappear slowly but it's not ideal. Is there any techniques or methods, diet to help alleviate the pain when waking up? Thank-you.
    I don't think this has anything to do with IF. Sounds like you could be severely under eating.

Then Chew it!

chubbichicken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going to to try stretching right before sleep to see if that helps, but having some practical answers relating to eating within a four hour window and maintaining a high energy level throughout the day would be helpful. Thanks!