Thread: biceps

pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

biceps

hyy guys i have a big issue....during my bicep workout after 4-5 curl sets my left shoulder starts to intervene thus it reduces the tension from bicep....i don't have any such problem with my triceps.....

please guyz help me on this what can i do to avoid such problem this problem is really bothering me now as my bicep is not growing much

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pkzz View Post
    hyy guys i have a big issue....during my bicep workout after 4-5 curl sets my left shoulder starts to intervene thus it reduces the tension from bicep....i don't have any such problem with my triceps.....

please guyz help me on this what can i do to avoid such problem this problem is really bothering me now as my bicep is not growing much
    You're doing too much weight if the shoulder is interfering with bicep exercises. Slow down the movement and lighten the resistance.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pkzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    You're doing too much weight if the shoulder is interfering with bicep exercises. Slow down the movement and lighten the resistance.
    but with lesser i don't feel anything working..

lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50) lefthandedcigs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont do so many sets curlbro. do some pullups instead. work back and bi, although indirectly

JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hard to say from what your describing, could be too much weight/limited ROM. If your working the bicep after the shoulder, I'd put them in reverse and work biceps before shoulder.

Anything wrong with the shoulder possibly can have something to do with weak rotator cuffs but it's hard to say with the limited information.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do higher repetitions? I don't see you can't feel anything working. I feel things working even with a 10 pound DB.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Originally Posted by JagOfTroy View Post
    Hard to say from what your describing, could be too much weight/limited ROM. If your working the bicep after the shoulder, I'd put them in reverse and work biceps before shoulder.

Anything wrong with the shoulder possibly can have something to do with weak rotator cuffs but it's hard to say with the limited information.
    i seems that if my shoulder didn't interfere my left hand cannot complete positive movement

Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Do higher repetitions? I don't see you can't feel anything working. I feel things working even with a 10 pound DB.
    i've heard that higher repetitions with less weight won't grow any muscle

Registered User AnabolicRespons's Avatar
    AnabolicRespons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

try doing dumbbell preacher curls or dumbbell concentration curls. if you still feel your shoulder on either of those, then you really are doing too much weight.

Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Celtic8Laoch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I now introduce you to scott from something or another dot com. Study scott, do as scott says, learn from scott. Dont forget to practice your "psssssst" technique. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC3nLlEvin4
    One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life.

My journey from 358lbs started January of 2012.

1. Trust yourself 2. Break some rules 3. Don't be afraid to fail 4. Ignore the naysayers 5. Work like hell 6. Give something back |

32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100) 32bulkcycle is not very well liked. (-100)
    Lean forward slightly. This should take your shoulder out of the equation. Make sure your form is strict

Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pakina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you keep your elbows drawn back, the front delt can't help the bicep, can it?

i've heard that higher repetitions with less weight won't grow any muscle
    I'm talking about sets of 12-15 or so, nothing higher.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    concentrated curl or preacher curl.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, one of my workout partners loves saying that. He thinks it means he "needs to go heavier" but in reality, it just means the mind to muscle connection isn't there - in which case it means you should go *lighter* and focus on form and squeezing the muscles being used. Don't think of it as moving the weight to squeeze and contract the muscle - you're contracting the muscle in order to move the weight. Imagine you're flexing your biceps. If you're flexing without any weight at all, your biceps should fatigue and even get a burn. Now grab a dumbbell and flex the biceps till you complete the rep.

If you still don't feel it, don't worry, mind to muscle connection isn't obtained instantaneously. Sometimes you gotta do a whole workout of higher reps (maybe one or two heavier sets) to get the muscle sore. Then when it's sore, do one or two light sets again. You'll definitely feel the muscle working because it's already sore. That feeling is the same type of feel you should get any time you're doing that exercise (though obviously it's not gonna burn right away when you're fresh and fully recovered). You should feel the contraction, the muscle squeezing in order to move the weight.

JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10) JagOfTroy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i seems that if my shoulder didn't interfere my left hand cannot complete positive movement
    Still don't entirely understand what you mean.

Stealth_swimmer makes a good point though.

If you posted your bicep routine, it would be easier to make suggestions. If your only doing bicep curls with a regular barbell, it could potentially be an anatomy issue. Some people have a better success doing curls with an EZ-bar than the Olympic due to physiological make-up.
    If your not hitting all the bicep heads as the weight gets heavier, could be problem too due to weakness in one particular spot.

keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100) keshav1234 is not very well liked. (-100)
    same problem with me...thats coz ur left bicep is weaker than right bicep...so after 4-5 sets..do single hand dumpbell curls or hammer curls for both left or right bicep...even with light weight u wud feel alot..or do concentration curls...

davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50) davidlaboza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lose your ego and drop the weight. "Oh, but I don't feel it... I'm too strong... no bicep growth :c:c:c".

Shut the **** up.

You're going to drop that weight because obviously your left bicep is too weak and needs your shoulder for help.

Then, you're going to do your reps like this: 2 seconds up, 4 seconds down.

If you tell me you don't feel that, then you have bigger issues and should drop the weight even more and focus on your muscle-mind connection.

High reps will build your muscle, but you probably won't create as many microtears. Reach failure within 8~12 reps and you're good. Then, repeat 2x.

KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KarD786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by davidlaboza View Post
    Lose your ego and drop the weight. "Oh, but I don't feel it... I'm too strong... no bicep growth :c:c:c".

Shut the **** up.

You're going to drop that weight because obviously your left bicep is too weak and needs your shoulder for help.

Then, you're going to do your reps like this: 2 seconds up, 4 seconds down.

If you tell me you don't feel that, then you have bigger issues and should drop the weight even more and focus on your muscle-mind connection.

High reps will build your muscle, but you probably won't create as many microtears. Reach failure within 8~12 reps and you're good. Then, repeat 2x.
    This is why people don't ask for help.. No need to be a fukin douche bag. Nice AVI also